Overwhelmed by packing for 3!

ejrj

DIS Veteran
Ok, months of (fun) planning. All our Disney plans are set, no worries. Now we are 13 days out and I've hit a wall. Trying to coordinate the clothing of three little girls is going to be my downfall!! AHHHH!!!! My girls are 4, 2& 2. I have a rule that our twins only dress the same if big sis does too, most of the time I just like them to be coordinating...or at least not clashing. For simplicity for WDW, I'm totally good with dressing them all almost the same. Now I am staring a massive amount of clothing and feeling way overwhelmed. 8 days worth of clothing for three girls. All of whom are very particular about what they wear. One of whom who is in the 'I need to wear a dress to be pretty' phase. December so we could be wearing tees/skirts or pants and jackets. Wearing skirts means leggings for all 3 to match with skirts too.....Oh....mmmm.....g.......

:crazy2:

sharing my pain w/you! as a family of 5 w/3 little girls. I'm freaking out. The suitcases are open and bare. Seems like we have A LOT in common. Only 13 days for us too!!!!!

We are taking our first trip to WDW with our three month old at the end of December...one week I south Florida at my aunts and one week at WDW...I've already tried to start getting organized and feel super overwhelmed as well!!! Kids require so many clothes and accessories!!! I'm putting each days outfits in a ziplock bag...I'm hoping it will help!!!

Never had to deal with 3 girls - just two - but one of the easiest things I ever did was to use gallon zip lock baggies, place a complete outfit in the bag (this was summer so shorts, top, socks, underwear, hair ribbons etc). Each day the girls could select a bag - if it was in a bag it was clean and they got to choose. Might not work if you are trying to coordinate but sure made getting dressed easy - no fights - they picked but I at least knew the outfit coordinated itself!

Yes, I think the Ziplock bags idea is great. It will be super helpful for the mornings - my husband is always willing to help but usually needs me to pull out the clothes first (because I'm picky, not because he's incompetent). So yes, I have my box of big Ziplocks, my sharpie, my suitcase and a mound of clothes bigger than the 3 mountains combined. Ridiculous. I'm thinking of leaving the kids at home to simplify the process.

How about if you take a big armful of clothes and throw it up in the air. What lands on the bed goes, what lands on the floor stays home. Easey peasey.....

How about if you take a big armful of clothes and throw it up in the air. What lands on the bed goes, what lands on the floor stays home. Easey peasey.....

Don't get ahead of me! That's the plan for later tonight once I've started to drink and said 'screw it'!!

I have 3 girls too & twins. First I find clothes that still fit them since some of them are taller or shorter (5, 5 & 3 yr old) next I start to roll them into outfits -- shirt and pants, or dress and leggings. I take a marker and write their names on the roll. I have some days where they all wear matching, or all wearing dress type things, other days they don't match.

The tape I would recommend over the ziplock bags because the kids will destroy the bags and it will be a big pile of mess. I have ziplock bags for the two sizes of underwear. Another ziplock for socks. I don't let them at the luggage and just hand them their roll for the day. This works out if you have some warm and some colder days.

The rolls are also easy to count to make sure they have the same number of outfits. I have a separate bag for safety things (outlet covers, those cheap cabinet locks, some duck tape to tape the door handle safety cover, night lights, and I have a foam thing that attaches to the top of a door so they can't keep opening and closing the door on their fingers.)

A WEEK away and I haven't even started!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes1 Does the autograph books in the suitcase count? :rotfl2: OMG, dreading the packing!!!!!!!!

great info, thank you!

Maybe I will use that as motivation to actually start doing something this afternoon....

4.5 days.

crap. I'm in trouble.

Three girls 11, 8 and 4 here, all clothes divas:) thankfully my one son will wear whatever!
We are 1 week out, all I got done today was organized their pre-purchased souvenirs! This is a surprise also, so my packing is secretive:(

Don't get ahead of me! That's the plan for later tonight once I've started to drink and said 'screw it'!!

:rotfl:

I am not sure where you are staying, but all onsite resorts have washer and dryers available to guests. That way you can bring leggings that will go with most of your dresses and then just wash them if you need them again.

I have to say that in a twisted way, your packing woes have brought a smile to my face! I'm just starting to pack too, but my kids are pretty laid back and will be fine to "pick an outfit" from whats packed.

I have to say that in a twisted way, your packing woes have brought a smile to my face! I'm just starting to pack too, but my kids are pretty laid back and will be fine to "pick an outfit" from whats packed.

haha! 99% of my social media comments are intended to make others smile due to my 'suffering'. And frankly, it's a pretty easy feat when you have two, two year old terrors. I just post a snippet of my day and 'voila!' others tend to feel pretty darn uplifted about their own day! Cheers to you and your laid back crew!

I am packing now too! Leaving in 4 days and totally overwhelmed! I think I gave up on trying to only use 2 suitcase (for 5 of us!) lol. I have gotten some of the kids' outfits into ziplocs....so much to do!

I am packing today for my 2 girls, ages 6 and 2, we leave on Sunday and I'm the same way!! ugh. I love the ziploc idea, I am so stealing that. I also have this thing where I feel like because we are Disneyland, they should be wearing something "Disney" every day LOL.

We leave in 4 days with two girls, and thankfully, they're too young to have say in what they wear. But, I have to say, I'm jealous that y'all have enough clothes to start packing ahead of time! I'll be doing laundry the day before and saying a prayer for no accidents!

Dang, no way would even I consider trying to coordinate clothing for 8 days. How about do coordinating outfits every other day? So only 4 days? I feel like you're stressing yourself out for nothing. Its not worth it! Plus, like you said, it'll be cold so they'll be wearing their coats most of the time anyway! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter