outlets near Vegas

Las Vegas Premium Outlets South. It is on the South end of strip just passed Blue Diamond Bl. It is all indoors. The one on the North end is outdoor & doesn't seem to have as many stores.

Las Vegas Premium Outlets South. It is on the South end of strip just passed Blue Diamond Bl. It is all indoors. The one on the North end is outdoor & doesn't seem to have as many stores.

They're about the same size. I've been to both. They have most of the same retailers, but I would say that North is more "upscale" in both feel and the number of higher end stores. North has some premium brands that South doesn't have, such as Armani, Burberry, Kate Spade, Ferragamo, Tory Burch, Dooney & Bourke, L'Occitane, and Lancome.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=58
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=61

I live in Northern California with about 8 major outlet malls. The premium brands seem to be distributed unevenly. One has a Gucci outlet. Another has Prada and Armani. Yet another has the only Disney Outlet in the area.

I agree that they are pretty much the same, but North has a few more Premium stores. If you are not shopping at any of the higher end stores, they parking and traffic was much better at the South outlet when you were there recently.

I agree that they are pretty much the same, but North has a few more Premium stores. If you are not shopping at any of the higher end stores, they parking and traffic was much better at the South outlet when you were there recently.

FYI for the OP - most of the parking at North are at a couple of multi-level garages. South is a typical spread out ground level parking lot. I was at North last Black Friday during the late morning. Finding parking wasn't that bad - it was actually pretty easy. I just had to drive up the garage. Closer to home I've ended up circling around looking for a parking spot just waiting for someone to leave.

Here's South:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+...near=Las+Vegas,+Clark+County,+Nevada&t=h&z=16

And North:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+...&hq=las+vegas+outlets+north&radius=15000&z=16

South is like a long, thin rectangle. It's basically one building, but with some add-ons (the Google Maps satellite map shows those parts under construction). Then there's the annex in the SW corner.

North is more of a modern airy outdoor outlet mall. The body of the mall seems like a lot of the newer upscale outdoor outlet malls I've been to, such as the new one in Livermore, California, the one south of Portland, Oregon, the Outlets at Orange in Orange, California, or in Tukwila, Washington.

If I could only choose one and it's not 100 degrees outside, I'd go to North. However, check the list of stores since they're not the same.

It was also a bit bizarre, as I saw a lot of people shopping along with luggage. A lot of shoppers were just dropped off there by taxi with their luggage in tow. They must have either just arrived and it was too early to check into a hotel, or they had checked out and wanted their luggage with them before taking a taxi to the airport.

I am thinking North is where I will want to go from the looks of it. We won't have a car and are staying at PH right on the strip so we will likely take a taxi.

For any Disney fans out there, I would note that both outlet malls in the Las Vegas area have a Disney Store Outlet. I live in Northern California, and we've only got one in Gilroy. The South outlet mall used to have a retailer called "Character Depot" (before that Character Warehouse and even before that Disney Character Warehouse) at their annex building separate from their main building. They used to have lots of Disney-related merchandise (plus other stuff) often for cheap. However, I understand that Disney started squeezing them out by routing more of their Disney Parks merchandise to Disney Store Outlet locations. We were there last Thanksgiving and the store was almost bare. They were selling their store fixtures.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/sho...ey-Character-Warehouse)-going-out-of-business

There's also the Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas in Primm (next to the California border). However, you'd need a car or would need to arrive by bus. The mall provides a shuttle bus from Las Vegas for $15/person round-trip. I wouldn't say it's that great or that big a mall, but they've got the only Bally (shoes) outlet I've been to.

http://www.fashionoutletlasvegas.com/shuttle_schedule.shtm

Also - you don't necessarily have to take a taxi. If you don't have transportation, various tour buses stop at the North Outlet, including the Hop On Hop Off buses. The South outlet isn't served by any tour buses. We always had a rental car, so I can't relay any experiences about the tour buses.

I was trying to find information on a shuttle for the North outlets but wasn't finding much. I will have to look again.

bcla said:
For any Disney fans out there, I would note that both outlet malls in the Las Vegas area have a Disney Store Outlet. I live in Northern California, and we've only got one in Gilroy. The South outlet mall used to have a retailer called "Character Depot" (before that Character Warehouse and even before that Disney Character Warehouse) at their annex building separate from their main building. They used to have lots of Disney-related merchandise (plus other stuff) often for cheap. However, I understand that Disney started squeezing them out by routing more of their Disney Parks merchandise to Disney Store Outlet locations. We were there last Thanksgiving and the store was almost bare. They were selling their store fixtures.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?197724-Character-Depot-%28formerly-Disney-Character-Warehouse%29-going-out-of-business

I was at the South Outlet maybe a few weeks or a month ago and Character Depot was still open but had nothing left. I live close to the outlet mall and I have been watching that store close for a while now. I'll miss it when its gone! But happy to have a Disney Store outlet in that mall!

I was at the South Outlet maybe a few weeks or a month ago and Character Depot was still open but had nothing left. I live close to the outlet mall and I have been watching that store close for a while now. I'll miss it when its gone! But happy to have a Disney Store outlet in that mall!

Not sure what the deal is. I heard they were starting to liquidate all three of their stores (Fullerton, CA, Vegas, and White House, TN [near Nashville]) as far back as June. I'm thinking maybe they're riding out the place until their lease is up or their lease terms allow them to leave?

bcla said:
Not sure what the deal is. I heard they were starting to liquidate all three of their stores (Fullerton, CA, Vegas, and White House, TN [near Nashville]) as far back as June. I'm thinking maybe they're riding out the place until their lease is up or their lease terms allow them to leave?

The cashier told me a while back that they would stay open until merchandise from their central warehouse stops coming in. But the last time we were there they had nothing but fixtures for sale and a few crappy t-shirts. You'd think it would be cheaper to close up shop at this point, rather than pay employees! Now I am curious to see if they are still open. Good excuse to head to the mall this weekend Hehe!

The cashier told me a while back that they would stay open until merchandise from their central warehouse stops coming in. But the last time we were there they had nothing but fixtures for sale and a few crappy t-shirts. You'd think it would be cheaper to close up shop at this point, rather than pay employees! Now I am curious to see if they are still open. Good excuse to head to the mall this weekend Hehe!

If it's really costing them that much, I'd think they would be better off just unloading their remaining inventory with an off-price retailer like Ross of TJX. Or maybe the contract that they had to buy their stuff from Disney wouldn't allow it?

bcla said:
If it's really costing them that much, I'd think they would be better off just unloading their remaining inventory with an off-price retailer like Ross of TJX. Or maybe the contract that they had to buy their stuff from Disney wouldn't allow it?

Its got to be a contract thing. You don't really see Disney merchandise at places like Ross. I was at the outlet today (had to go to the Disney outlet-big surprise!) and I can confirm that the Character Depot is still open. Still with fixtures and t-shirts. I didn't even bother to go inside. Just slowed down as I drove past. I actually thought it was closed at first- no cars in sight but the doors were open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter