• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Very First Time To WDW!!! -- Oct 2015 PTR -- Update 5/23: Disney Memories

Souvenirs/Misc: $250
Total: $4492

That total isn't really all that bad, before souvenirs, tips, and airfare, our current trip was about ~$5100 (this was with a spring room discount and includes the $200 deposit).

Disney Memories

When my parents first moved to America our family was very poor, even McDonald's was considered an expensive treat! I can't imagine how long my parents must've had to save to take me to Disneyland. We were only able to go once while I was a child, before I started preschool. I didn't visit Disneyland again until I was in middle school.

I have a pretty good memory of my childhood years going back to preschool, but not from before. The only memories I have from before preschool are of Disneyland. I don't recall the drive there, how old I was, all the rides, etc., but I have very vivid memories of moments that I will cherish forever. :)

dumbo2.jpeg
The Dumbo ride was my favorite! While in line I kept eyeing the pink and purple elephants because those were my favorite colors at the time. When it was finally my turn I rushed to claim my elephant and was thrilled I was allowed to control it. I rode with my mom and we waved to my dad who was filming with an old school camcorder from the handrails every time we passed him. I really felt like the happiest kid on earth while I was flying my elephant!

subm.jpg
I was absolutely amazed by the Submarine ride. I couldn't believe we were really so far underwater! AND MERMAIDS! I saw mermaids! It was so exciting and a bit scary at the same time. As a child I was completely awestruck. When I finally got the chance to return to Disneyland again I was so disappointed that the ride had been closed. :worried:

disneyland-storybookboatsmonstro.jpg
I remember going into the GIANT whale's mouth on a boat ride.
And the last thing I remember was having a blast dancing to upbeat music at night next to some outdoor dining tables.

Those memories are sparse, short, and limited. But they are the only things I remember from before preschool. I've seen pictures of me dressed as a ghost for Halloween happily trick-or-treating, and pictures of me laughing at a beautiful botanical garden. The photos didn't trigger any memories and I have no recollection of those moments. Disneyland is the only thing I remember. That must say something about how special and magical those moments really were. pixiedust:

So for everyone going to WDW/DLR with their children/families, I really hope you have the most magical vacation ever and are able to create lots of lasting memories. :goodvibes

Both are such fabulous choices! Can't wait to see what you decide! :D I would be Ariel with tail and would dress up my wheelchair with shells and strands of beads hehe! Belle would be amazing too as she has so many gorgeous gowns to choose from! Will you mostly be making or buying your gown?
That's such a great idea! You should definitely do that for Halloween!
I'm not skilled enough to make a gown, so I'll be purchasing it. Been browsing a lot online but there are soo many choices, I'm nowhere close to a decision yet.

That total isn't really all that bad, before souvenirs, tips, and airfare, our current trip was about ~$5100 (this was with a spring room discount and includes the $200 deposit).
Yea it's not bad at all after I've had some time to digest it.
Wow, that's a lot! Makes me feel less guilty about my choices, lol.

Trying to catch up on everyone's PTR and TR as I've been MIA the last couple of months! Glad you got your ADRS and how exciting to be going to MNSSHP. We have not been to the party, but have been at MK for a late ADR and left the park once the party had started. The atmosphere looked like so much fun and everyone gives it a big thumbs up! We are debating on going this year as well! Love your costume ideas and that gives you something else to plan!! Love all your Disney memories. I had only been to WDW once as a child then once again in my 20's and like you the memories are fuzzy but there are certain things you remember and most of all just a happy feeling!
Looking forward to hear the rest of your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter