Our reviews (May 1 - 7)

GoofyGirlnPrincessV

<insert funny, witty, goofy, quirky or just pla
I copied this from my blog.

Disney Dining…

I have been many times to Disney World and each time I try to eat somewhere new and of course eat at my favorite places. This update is about where we ate and didn’t eat (need to use this info for my scrapbook too)

Monday we drove up and checked into the resort. Miss V and I headed to M.GM. We had an agenda! Certain shows and rides. I will blog that in another entry. Anyway it was really hot and we didn’t feel like eating lunch so we shared a frozen lemonade and it was definitely refreshing. I had made dinner ressies a couple months ago for 50’s Prime Time Café. I LOVE that place! I didn’t think I would like hot comfort food during the warm weather, but we still went. Miss V ordered a funky drink (aka cherry sprite with a glow cube) and I got an unsweetened ice tea. For dinner Miss V ordered a hot dog, grapes and goldfish crackers and I got the pot roast with mashed taters. It was extremely yummy! When we are on vacation any sort of healthy eating is left at home. Miss V ate her dinner and asked for dessert. She ordered a kids make your own sundae. She had to dump EVERYTHING onto the vanilla ice cream. When I say everything it comes with a little cup of chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, M&M’s, sprinkles and cherries. She ate about half of it and declared she was full. I really wanted to order some smores, but the order is huge so I skipped it. Here is a link to their adult dinner menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ptcd.htm

mgm-a95-05-01-2006-05.JPG

Tuesday Miss V had some cereal in the room and we went down to the food court for coffee, juice and fresh fruit. Then off to E.PCOT we went. We had the standard counter service lunch. We went to the Electric Umbrella and we split a burger and fries. It was really to warm to chow down. After lunch I could tell Miss V was tired so we headed back to the resort for a little nap and pool time. She wanted to have dinner there so off to the food court we go. Miss V was a little bummed that her favorite chef wasn’t there. Yes she has a favorite chef, he is in the middle section and he always gives her beads or doubloons. She wanted some chicken nuggets and I got a steak and cheese sandwich. It wasn’t to bad. We filled our refillable mugs and headed to the playground.

pofq-a95-05-02-2006-01.JPG

pofq-a95-05-02-2006-02.JPG

Wednesday was a day of gluttony! Breakfast was at Crystal Palace. OMG I am not a buffet person, but that place is awesome. Of course we had another GRAND ADVENTURE getting to the park before it opens. That will be another blog entry later. Miss V filled up on fresh fruit and a Pooh waffle. I on the other hand pigged out. I got some fruit, a TON of bacon, a couple of pancakes and a nice big piece of the breakfast lasagna. The lasagna…OH I have no idea what is in it but it is really good if you get a piece close to the edge so it is a little crispy and not mushy. The character interaction was not as good as it was in December. They were a little slow to come around then signed the book and took a picture and were out of there. Well except Tigger. Who ever was playing him was a total nut! I have a pic and it looks like he is trying to eat Miss V although he was just giving her a kiss.

cp-05-03-2006-05-rebel.JPG

Again it was hot so we skipped lunch. I can’t believe we didn’t have our usual hot dogs at Casey’s! I never miss a chance for them. By dinner time we were starving! So off to Liberty Tree Tavern we go. That was the first time we ate there. Very noisy but cool! I think the noisier you are the more character interaction that you get. Well just being the two of us it was kind of quiet. Miss V kept asking if they were going to come to our table. They kept going around us. Our very nice waitress came up and asked why Miss V looked sad and she said “I don’t think Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale like me. They don’t come to my table.” The waitress looked really sad and off she went to talk to the character handler. Oh boy right after that the characters came by twice! Now onto the food….WOW there was A LOT! It is an all you can eat of the following: salad, green beans with garlic, mashed taters, flank steak, roast turkey, ham. The salad dressing was awesome!!! Here is a link to the menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ltt.htm

Thursday Miss V had cereal in the room again and then headed down to the food court for coffee, juice, yogurt and fruit. Afterwards we headed to the land of Stanley! For lunch we went to Pizzafari. We split a pepperoni pizza, breadsticks a side Caesar salad and a sprite.
ak-a95-05-04-2006-02.JPG

ak-a95-05-04-2006-03.JPG

ak-a95-05-04-2006-04.JPG

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_piz.htm There is the menu. The pizza isn’t to bad it is like those Boboli pizzas. Again it was a hot day so we headed back to the resort for a nap and a boat trip. We took the boat down to Riverside. We went and filled up our mugs and sat around the food court. Nice and quiet. We jumped back on the boat and had dinner at our food court. Standard food court dinner. Miss V had Mac and Cheese and I got chicken strips. They are actually pretty good! It is real chicken! We also shared a fruit bowl.

Miss V said she “needed” dessert so over to the bakery we go. She picked a sugar cookie with Mickey sprinkles and I got an oatmeal raisin cookie. Of course we ended up sharing each others. Miss V’s favorite chef was there and gave her another doubloon and did some magic tricks for her. He is a really nice guy. At the resort every night at 5:30 they do Jr. Chef and get to wear a chef coat and decorate a cookie. Miss V was to shy to do that. I could see she wanted to, but wouldn’t. That is ok; we have many more chances on future trips.

pofq-a95-05-02-2006-04.JPG

Friday again was cereal in the room then down to the food court. Lunch we were at Downtown Disney and she spotted the golden arches. Every once in a while it tastes good. Now onto the highlight of the trip!

1900 Park Faire! Here is a link to the menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_19d.htm

OMG we are going to HAVE to do that again! What a meal!!! The character interaction was beyond incredible! The restaurant was half empty which surprised me. Maybe it was because we had an early ressie? Anyway Miss V and I made our way up to the kids buffet and on our way back Cinderella was coming out of side room and we were the first she greeted. We sat down and she talked with Miss V about her beautiful hair and her shimmery gown and LOVED her sparkly sandals. We took some pics and she was of to greet other diners. Next came Suzy and Perla they were so cute. The got Miss V out of her booster seat and twirled her around and danced with her. They also made a big deal out of her dress and hair. They kept hugging her and blowing kisses. Time for dessert, Miss V chose vanilla ice cream with gummy bears and I had a key lime tart…both were incredibly yummy! All of a sudden Miss V looks up and sees Prince Charming across the room and got all giddy! OMG if you could have seen her, she was doing a little “golf” clap bouncing in her seat. When he made his way over he made a big deal out of her dress and hair. She thanked him and they took some pictures. She thanked him and he helped her up into her booster chair. Then he was off to greet other little princesses. Miss looked liked she was about to cry and I asked her what was wrong. She said she forgot to ask Prince Charming to sign her book. I told her that it was ok and I would ask someone to see if he could come back. She sat eating her ice cream and I walked over (15 feet) and asked the character handler if she could get the prince to come and sign her book since she forgot to ask him. She said no problem. A couple minutes later Miss V is almost done her ice cream when she got a little tap on her shoulder and it was the prince again. OMG you would have thought she was over the moon. This was the funniest conversation I have heard;

PC: Oh dear princess, I forgot to sign your book
V: That’s ok you are a very busy prince and thank you for coming back.
PC: I am but never to busy to make a little princess happy (he bends over and signs her book). You have wonderful manners.
V Thank you Prince Charming!
PC: Well aren’t you a gracious little princess, that is a great quality!
V: (now blushing and batting her eye lashes and doing that coy little face)
PC: Well I hope you have a magical night!
V: And you too!

After we were done the Fairy Godmother was in the lobby and she was so sweet. She took a few minutes with each child and made them feel so special.

I have to say that was the BEST meal I could have chosen for Miss V. If you have a little girl, you MUST try it!!! I totally forgot to take pics of all the yummy food...next time!

Pictures here

Great reviews, thanks for sharing. Your daughter is beautiful! :flower:

Your pictures are beautiful. I have a ressie for 5:40, when was yours? Miss V makes a wonderful Cinderella, how old is she? She reminds me a bit of my DD5. I hope our experience is as great as yours was. :sunny:

Great reviews! It made me smile to read about your daughter and Prince Charming. I can't wait to have a daughter to take to princess meals and dress up in those dresses!! :love:

ETA - the pictures on your blog are FAB! Your daughter is an absolute little angel.

Beth :)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

andysgirl360 said:
Your pictures are beautiful. I have a ressie for 5:40, when was yours? Miss V makes a wonderful Cinderella, how old is she? She reminds me a bit of my DD5. I hope our experience is as great as yours was. :sunny:

Our ressie was for 4:30. We had some time to walk around she chatted with a lot of other little princesses. They all were so cute.

Aww!!!! Miss V sounds like a doll! The Prince Charming and Miss V story brought tears to my eyes! That was so special and she will never forget it!! Great reviews of the resturants by the way and I loved looking at the pics!!

We had Crystal Palace for breakfast also and it was great! That Breakfast Lasagna is soooo good!!! :goodvibes

Hi! I just love your dining reviews and photos! I'm dining at the same restaurants in Oct and can't wait! Your daughter is adorable and I can tell that you had the best trip ever from your happy faces! Can you tell me about your daughter's bead necklaces in the photos?. I noticed that they are Disney characters and coordinated with her outfits, very cute! My daughter would love those! :goodvibes

rluey29 said:
We had Crystal Palace for breakfast also and it was great! That Breakfast Lasagna is soooo good!!! :goodvibes

I found the recipe online for the breakfast lasagna. I haven't made it yet.

Breakfast Lasagna

from the Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom

(6 servings)

Make the pastry cream first
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
1-1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar

In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and milk over medium heat and cook stirring until mixture thickens. In a small bowl with a fork, beat egg yolks slightly, beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks. Slowly pour egg mixture back into milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Chill cream until ready to use.

Assembly:
6 pancakes
6 waffles
1 pound of strawberries
8 ounces of blueberries

Put a thin layer of Pastry cream in a pan, make a layer of waffles, put a layer of pastry cream. Cut strawberries into slices. Take half the strawberries and half the blueberries and make a layer of fruit. Top the fruit with a layer of pancakes, then layer of pastry cream. Garnish the lasagna with the rest of the strawberries and blueberries. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

gabbyrosebud said:
Hi! I just love your dining reviews and photos! I'm dining at the same restaurants in Oct and can't wait! Your daughter is adorable and I can tell that you had the best trip ever from your happy faces! Can you tell me about your daughter's bead necklaces in the photos?. I noticed that they are Disney characters and coordinated with her outfits, very cute! My daughter would love those! :goodvibes

I made her the necklaces. I bought the charm beads at Mgm or DTD last May and made her a bunch of necklaces and bracelets. She got a few comments about them from CM's.

Thanks for the excellent dining reviews. Miss V sounds like a wonderful dining companion.

I was excited to read your review of 1900 Park Faire. We'll be dining there for the first time in October. We won't have any little princesses with us, but I'm still looking forward to dining there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter