Our magical trip to Disney (on a whim!) - now with pics!

ilovethesun

Mouseketeer
This is my first TR so I hope it's up to par!

Cast of characters:

Me: 28
DH: 29
DD#1: 3.5
DD#2: 2 (not quite 2 when we went)

Background: I went to WDW twice as a child. Once when I was 5 and once when I was 10. I remember nothing but magical things about it. DH did lots of vacationing as a child but went skiing/cruising and never did Disney.

We were both raised in the Chicagoland suburbs but have lived in AZ for the past three years. We have family in the LA area and right before Memorial Day Weekend, we decided to take a trip to LA and hit up Disney.

Our daughters (like most little girls) are HUGE princess fans and LOVE all things playhouse disney. I did a short amount of research online before we went. I only had one day so I am impressed at how much I got in.

First, I decided that it was definitely necessary for us to do a park hopper because we had to do a couple of things at DCA. I was a little overwhelmed by the price tag but figured it would be worth it. Decided to look on Craig's List to see if anyone had some for sale. Luckily, I found someone willing to sell us parkhoppers for $50! We planned to meet him at the park at 8 a.m

Unfortunately, he never showed. I had an inkling this was going to happen because he said he was going to a party the night before and wanted to meet us later. I told him no, since we were spending only one day at the park - we wanted to get there early. So, we ended up paying the full price but no biggie... totally worth it. I have half a mind to call him and yell at him though.

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to get there early was because I wanted to be there right when the Princess Fantasy Faire opened. We were about fifth in line for this and it by far and wide surpassed my expectations. DD 3 was overwhelmed. First she got to see Sleeping Beauty, then Snow White, and then Cinderella. The princesses were wonderful with her and we got individual time to talk/take pictures with each one. It was so fabulous. I honestly got teared up because it was just so special to see my daughters have their fairy tale dreams come to life! I felt like I should have been in a Disney commercial.

After this we went to toon town and went in Mickey and Minnie's houses and got to get autographs and pose for pics with both of them.

We then did teacups, dumbo, and the carrousel. The girls LOVED all these rides and we literally had to peel them off! It was so fun as a parent to see my children having the time of their lives.

We had a quick pizza lunch in toon town and then got to see Goofy as well. At this point, I am just amazed at how many characters we have gotten to see so far!

After lunch, DD#2 fell asleep in our stroller so we went to a little playground area over there for a while and then back to the Fantasy Faire for the story time. This was just as magical as the first time we were there. Cinderella told her story and DD#1 actually got to be in the front row where they tried the glass slipper on her. It was so perfect.

As a side note, it's disappointing to me that the other Disney parks do not have the Princess Fantasy Faire. As far as I'm concerned, it was the true highlight of our trip! As soon as we came home, I started researching WDW and there is nothing like it there. Also, we are most likely moving to France this year which thrills me because we will be about a 2 hour drive from DLP. Well, they don't have the Fantasy Faire there either. :confused:

Anyway, next we decided to head over to DCA. First we saw waited in a small line to see Pluto and then DD#1 and I went on Monsters, Inc. I think she enjoyed it but it was kind of dark/loud. Really cute though.

After this was over, we went to Playhouse Disney Live. This was awesome! My girls just LOVED this. I hear they're bringing this to DLP and I couldn't be more thrilled.

As soon as Playhouse Disney was over, we had reservations at Ariel's Grotto for a late lunch. I had contemplated whether or not I wanted to do this because it is so expensive. I have mixed thoughts after doing it. While it was fabulous because we got to see 5 more princesses, 3 of them were repeats that we had seen at the Fantasy Faire but we got to see Belle which thrilled DD#1. And of course we got to see Ariel! The food (in my opinion) was mediocre and trying to get little girls to eat while there are princesses in the midst is just an impossible feat. Would I do it again? Probably not at DCA but maybe at another park that doesn't have such other ample opportunity to see princesses. It cost us $100 for two adults and one child since DD#2 was free.

After dinner, DD#1 went on Jumpin' Jellyfish about 4 times. She thought it was awesome. I was surprised she wasn't scared since it went pretty high.

At this point, both girls are getting pretty tired but I was determined to stick around for the Pixar Play Parade. They had some mechanical difficulties so the parade was about 30 minutes late but it was so worth it. The girls just loved this and we got most of it on video and have watched it numerous times since then.

So, this was the end of our magical day. I was disappointed not to see the lights parade at DLR but figure we'll get to see it another time.

Overall, the trip far exceeded my expectataions and I am an official Disney freak now. I have TONS of pictures and I will post a link to them as soon as picasa cooperates. For some reason I can't get them to load right now.

In my opinion, Disney is way more fun as an adult when you get to bring your kids. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face the whole day. I was so thankful to have the opportunity to do this for my kids!

If you're getting to go soon, I'm envious! Have a fabulous time!

angie

Link to web album: Disneyland Fun

Sounds like you had a perfect day for your little Princesses :)

We are taking our 2 Princesses to DL in September, they're a little older than your girls but still young enough to get caught up in all the magic.... hopefully

It sounds like you had a great time!! It's hard to cram so much into one day, but it seems like you were able to accomplish a lot.

The pics are way too cute. What a great looking family you have. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your day with us.

So CUTE! how lucky for you that you will be near DLP... I hope you will post a link to that TR as I don't stalk those boards, typically. I may start!

Thanks for sharing,
Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter