Our Land/Sea vacation - Day 7 of 9 - Nassau & Our Pretend Day at Sea

Parrotheader

Mouseketeer
This covers the 7-day land/sea vacation of Keith and Holly from Birmingham, AL as told by Keith (Parrotheader.) We’re both 26 with kids still a couple years away. Holly had previously been to Disney World twice (one trip she was too young to remember) and Keith had been 5 times. We're BOTH cruise rookies. Pictures of our trip can also be found at:

http://www.luckie.net/disney/

Day 7 – Nassau & Our Pretend Day at Sea
Friday, May 31

It was amazing how the movement of the ship would keep you asleep and then wake you up when it stops. We could feel the slowing down as we docked and woke up to a view of the docks at Nassau. We skipped breakfast (we rarely eat it) and finally made our way ashore long after the rush at roughly 10:15. We had no tours planned. We just wanted to do a bit of shopping and then spend most of the day on the ship.

So we walked around the shopping district near the ship. It was an eclectic mix of fancy brands and junk. It reminded me a lot of Tijuana (except for the fancy brands.) We bought some cheap t-shirts, a hat for Castaway Cay’s sun, a couple of bottles of rum and then worked our way back to the ship around noon.

We changed into our swimsuits, had lunch at Topsiders and then found a nice place to crash at the adults only pool. Holly can lay out with the best of them, but I have hard time lying still for too long. I’d occasionally climb into the pool to cool off. Then I got up and walked around to take pictures. Then I shot basketball since nobody was on the court at the time. Finally around 3:00 we went back to the cabin for our daily nap (God I love vacation.)

At 5:00 we headed off to the spa for our Surial Bath and another treatment we'd booked for Holly. Now I’d read on these boards what to expect of the Surial Bath, but I was still somewhat skeptical. Our attendant took us back where we disrobed (I could have left my underwear on if I’d wanted) and then took us to the Surial chamber. She showed us all the oils and then let us know that she’d knock at 50 minutes and then again at 1 hour where she would then wait for us in the hall. I noticed the door did NOT lock from the inside (as far as I could tell.) However, a couple minutes later, I really could have cared less. No details here. Suffice it to say we probably did what 90% of couples do in there and had an AMAZING time. It was literally like something out of a dream. A rather naughty dream. ;) We’ll DEFINITELY book that again next time we go and if I ever get rich I’m going to build an exact replica of the Surial Bath on my house!

Neither of us really felt funny about seeing the staff after coming out of the Surial Bath. They were very cool about it even though I’m sure they know full well what usually goes on in there. After the Surial Bath, Holly had some sort of jet massage thing in this egg looking contraption which she later said was very soothing. After that we went back to the room to get ready for dinner. Once again, we missed our 6:00 show, but it was definitely worth it!

Dinner on night two was at Animator’s Palate for us. We tried to look through the photos at Shutters, but it was just WAY too crowded and we’d only posed for two pictures at that point anyway. So we made our way on to the restaurant. Once again, we had our own table for dinner. This was by far our favorite restaurant. The food and drinks were amazing and our server team was extra attentive. In fact they were so great we decided to cancel our Palo’s appointment for the final night. One of the main reasons we had initially booked Palo’s was to have a chance to eat by ourselves. But now that we already had our table and a server team we knew and liked, we didn’t want to change that.

After dinner we went on deck for the Sail away Party. I was surprised by how much fun we had up there. The people on the Royal Caribbean ship kept looking over at us as if to say ‘I wish we’d taken THAT cruise.’ And I think that was the idea Disney had, kind of to ‘show up’ the other cruise lines since Disney didn’t do the same thing at Castaway Cay (granted, we left earlier there.)

After hanging out on deck and having several drinks (at this point I realized this was about my 7th drink of the afternoon/evening and I’m NOT a heavy drinker) we then headed down to WaveBands to watch Karaoke night. Neither of us had any intentions of singing (and we didn’t.) We just enjoy watching other people do it. So we had a few more drinks (I think that’s the most I’ve ever had in one day, yet I never really felt it) and had a great time. About 1:30 we headed back to the room to crash. Again, I had PB&Js from room service before I hit the sack.

Up Next:
Day 8 - Castaway Cay

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Nassau so well!;) DH and I also did the Surial Bath and had a blast! (although I guess we must be among the 10%;) ) I had read on these boards how they had put a lock on the door now so one could lock it from the inside. Well, dh and I also couldn't find it anywhere! I guess the Wonder does NOT have a lock on the inside of the Surial door...careful!:eek:
I would LOVE to get some of that mud to use at home. I'm with you about building a Surial Chamber at home! You draw up the plans:) !

Lisa :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter