Our Kitchen Stinks from the Trash

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
in the trash can! We've never had this problem before - any suggestions??

But we always use a paper bag inside a plastic bag - the trash never touches the trash can!

Are you sure it's the trash and not something icky in the frig?

herc.

After scrubbing, rinse it out with bleach water. Then air dry and then put some baking soda and a layer of newspaper in the bottom. That should help. :)

I've been on the DIS way too long...

I thought this said "Kitchen Sink", as in the sundae from Beaches and Cream...

*off to get a life*

Do you throw away raw meat in your trash can? I always take the raw meat directly to the trash can in the garage.

Also, look all around and make sure that everything you threw in the trash made it into the thrash can and stayed there. We once had a horrible smell problem which ended up being an old half of a zucchini that had come out of the trash and rolled behind some other things.

First I'd scrub the can like others mentioned, bleach works wonders. Next, I'd always line the can with a plastic bag or paper and plastic like someone else suggested.

Finally, go down to the local car wash or pep boys and pick up a small can of this stuff called OZIUM. It is an odor neutralizer. A 1 second blast is enough to neutralize a 12' X 12' room, so about a 1/2 second should cure your trash can/kitchen....READ the instructions though...you don't want to spray it with kids around...we usually do it right after we clean up and leave the room for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter