• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

First, thank you for sending me the link to the Nov. group! I'm so excited!
Definitely if you have some time I'd love a Dismeet. T-Rex -- you nailed it! Rainforest with Dinos! DH and I are total dinosaur nerds, we met and fell in love over Jurassic Park. I adore this restaurant, and yeah, the selection is awesome.

You should keep an eye on Soarin's standby line. You never know! You might hit a quiet time.

We were thinking of trying to watch IllumiNations from the Rose & Crown patio too, but we have another day planned to specifically watch IllumiNations so I'm not too worried if we don't get a patio seat.

So your DHS/Party day would be the 19th? Is that correct? We have zero plans for that day so far hahaha. Yours sound really good, and I think the idea to get your FPs for DHS and utilize the short party lines later is a good one.
Aw I LOVE One Man's Dream, I go in every trip and pay homage to the man who made it all happen.

First, thank you for sending me the link to the Nov. group! I'm so excited!
Definitely if you have some time I'd love a Dismeet. T-Rex -- you nailed it! Rainforest with Dinos! DH and I are total dinosaur nerds, we met and fell in love over Jurassic Park. I adore this restaurant, and yeah, the selection is awesome.

You should keep an eye on Soarin's standby line. You never know! You might hit a quiet time.

We were thinking of trying to watch IllumiNations from the Rose & Crown patio too, but we have another day planned to specifically watch IllumiNations so I'm not too worried if we don't get a patio seat.

So your DHS/Party day would be the 19th? Is that correct? We have zero plans for that day so far hahaha. Yours sound really good, and I think the idea to get your FPs for DHS and utilize the short party lines later is a good one.
Aw I LOVE One Man's Dream, I go in every trip and pay homage to the man who made it all happen.

No problem, so glad you joined...it's a fun group!

I think T-Rex will be a fun restaurant. If we like it we will probably take the kids back on the March/April 2016 Family Trip.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Soarin', I would hate to miss it but don't want to wait in a long standby line because the whole point is to spend time with the hubby. I will be utilizing my handy dandy wait time app. :)

I would absolutely love to watch Illuminations from R&C, but since it's not a guarantee to get a seat on the patio I don't want to risk missing it since that night will be the only one we will have a chance it seeing it. Now that I have changed that up I'm starting to second guess my ADR for there....LOL (Imagine that). I was thinking maybe Via Napoli...I have heard such good things about the pizza there, but my DH brought up a point....do we want to "waste" an ADR on pizza? Pizza will probably be the only thing my DH would order from there. I have a few more weeks to decide.

You are correct our HS/MVMCP is on the 19th! I'm super excited about this day because I have never been to a Disney Party. I cannot wait to see One Man's Dream!!! I'm sure I will need some tissues (I'm such a sap).

Hi I'm here, I have to go back and read, but I'm just subbing before I forget! :wave:

Need some advice!

I kindly interrupt this PTR to seek some advice. I was taking a look at the November Hours from last year (since they are not out for this year yet…ugh), and my ADR’s that I was thinking about for the trip.

As I have mentioned earlier, my intention was to have a dinner ADR at BOG on our 2nd night/1st full day of the trip. Based on last year’s hours the park was only open until 7pm this night even without MVMCP being scheduled for that night, an Wishes wasn’t scheduled for this night either. I’m get a bit nervous about being able to get a BOG dinner ADR since it’s so early in our trip. I feel I might have a better chance of getting the dinner ADR for later in the week when we go for MVMCP (Thursday 11/19), by using my 180 days +10. I honestly would not mind having the ADR at this time, thinking maybe having an ADR around 6pm or so.

Anyway, if I push the BOG Dinner ADR to later that week that leaves an ADR opening for Monday, 11/16/15. This is where I need some suggestions. Here on my thoughts (hold on because this ride can get bumpy):

1. Make another ADR at MK: The only other ADR in MK that I think my DH would like would be The Plaza Restaurant. I’m not thrilled by this choice since it seems very basic.

2. Make another ADR at a Resort: (especially since MK may close at 7pm, that would give us time to travel to one of the resorts). I’m already planning on having dinner at ‘Ohana the following night, and I would like that scheduled for that night. So, here are my thoughts:

Cape May Café – Beach Club

I have both pros and cons about this place. We ate at Beaches and Cream the last trip and really enjoyed exploring the Resort. Would love to hear people’s review on this place

Big River Grille – Boardwalk
I thought this would be a nice place to walk around after dinner because it seems like it would be really pretty at night

Whispering Canyon Café – Wilderness Lodge
I have always wanted to see this resort in person. I would love to take the boat over from the MK to our ADR, but then worry about getting back to the TTC to get our rental car (yes we like using our rental car evening when staying on site, not a big fan of the buses).

Boma – Animal Kingdom Lodge
Not sure if DH will be a huge fan of this food since he is so picky, but I did review the menu and I think there are a few things he would like.

3. Make an ADR at DTD: We will be eating dinner at DTD the night before (arrival day) at T-Rex. Here are my choices for a 2nd possible visit to DTD for dinner:

Fulton’s Crab House
I love seafood, and the menu looks really yummy here!

Paradiso 37
I have not heard too much about this place, but the menu looks great and it looks like it has outdoor seating which might be nice (if not too chilly)

Raglan Road
Of course I have heard so much about this place, and would love to try it out

4. Make ADR at another Park: Basically the only park that would work on this day would be Epcot because based on the hours from last year it appears all the parks close pretty early on this day. We are already planning on eating at R&C at Epcot later on this week, but now I’m thinking I could try to get an ADR there for this night and try to catch Illuminations from the patio like I was hoping to do in the first place. If I’m not able to, no big deal because I know we will be coming back to Epcot later in the week and will catch Illuminations then. If we eat at R&C this night then I can look into another ADR for later in the week when we come back to Epcot (thinking Via Napoli!!).

Ok, so those are my thoughts….I would really appreciate any feedback or recommendations! I think moving the ADR for BOG to later in the week really opens up some other places for us to look into, and not to mention will hopefully give me a better chance of securing an ADR since it will fall into my 180+10 timeframe.

Hmmm, I won't be much help on this one as I haven't been to any of those restaurants! If I were you though, I'd probably make an ADR for a MK resort restaurant so I could have the chance to explore a resort I haven't yet been to. Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

I feel I might have a better chance of getting the dinner ADR for later in the week when we go for MVMCP

I TOTALLY feel your pain!!!!

My little humble advice LOL.. If you want to grab BOG before a party go for this ADR FIRST! actually put all your ADR in order to what will be the hardest and go for them then go down your week.. it's going to be tough! What day is your 180 mark?
I always stress out on ADRs

Hmmm, I won't be much help on this one as I haven't been to any of those restaurants! If I were you though, I'd probably make an ADR for a MK resort restaurant so I could have the chance to explore a resort I haven't yet been to. Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

That is what I was thinking too, that is why I was leaning toward Whispering Canyon. But then again I love the idea of getting extra time over in Epcot since I love that park so much :) UGH!

I TOTALLY feel your pain!!!!

My little humble advice LOL.. If you want to grab BOG before a party go for this ADR FIRST! actually put all your ADR in order to what will be the hardest and go for them then go down your week.. it's going to be tough! What day is your 180 mark?
I always stress out on ADRs

My ADR Day is 5/15/15. I was planning on doing exactly as you recommended, figure out which would be the most difficult ADR to get and start there. It might even be more difficult to get an dinner ADR at BOG on a party day then it would be to get at the beginning of the trip like I had planned....hmmm never thought of that.

ADR Game Plan!!

So, I fully recognize I have over a month until my ADR Day (5/15/15), but I wanted to come up with a tentative game plan of the order I will try to make my ADRs in. Here are my thoughts:

1. BOG Dinner: Obviously this will be the toughest one to get. Here's the plan on this one, make an ADR for the last day (11/19...party day) of the trip since this will fall into my +10 window so I might be able to have a bit more success on that day instead of the beginning of the trip. However, I still think I would prefer having this ADR at the beginning of the trip like planned, so I will try to secure an ADR for our 2nd full day there (11/16). If I'm able to do that then I will cancel the one that I got on 11/19. Hope that makes sense...it does in my head! pixiedust:

2. 'Ohana Dinner: This ADR is scheduled for 11/17, again at the beginning of the trip but hopefully it will not be too tough to snag a small table for two! :love2:

3. T-Rex Dinner: This dinner is scheduled for our arrival day on 11/15. I put this at the top of the list only because I have heard it is a bit hard to get an ADR for sometimes through Disney's dining website. :earboy2:

4. Sci-fi Lunch: This is scheduled for 11/19 (another reason I would like to have BOG at the beginning of the trip because I don't think I could handle 2 TS meals in one day. So, if I do have to end up moving BOG to the end of the trip I will have to do some rearranging on our days (most likely switching HS and AK). I haven't had any trouble with getting an ADR here in the past so I hope that luck continues. :tinker:

5. Rose & Crown Dinner (or possibly Via Napoli): This would be scheduled for 11/18. Can you tell I still haven't made up my mind on this one? :scared:

Please feel free to share your comments on this approach and let me know if I should change the order on anything.

It might even be more difficult to get an dinner ADR at BOG on a party day then it would be to get at the beginning of the trip like I had planned....hmmm never thought of that.

YES! party dates are HARD! we tried to get BOG on the day of our MNSSHP in Sept. it was impossible.. Like you i am doing BOG earlier in the trip.. I just HOPE and pray there is one open. if not ALL my days are going to get rearranged... I don't wanna do that.. :crazy2:

ADR Day (5/15/15)

I am three days after you. want to grab mine for me??? LOL

This would be scheduled for 11/18. Can you tell I still haven't made up my mind on this one?

I am with you 100%
this is a difficult decision.. I would LOVE to sit on the patio and watch Illuminations too.. BUT there isn't a guarentee.. hate that!!!

I am three days after you. want to grab mine for me??? LOL

UGH!! So, I just double checked my 180 day calendar and my ADR day is NOT 5/15/15...it's 5/19/15. I must have looked at the wrong date somewhere. Oh well, I guess that gives me a couple of more days to figure out what I'm going to do!

UGH!! So, I just double checked my 180 day calendar and my ADR day is NOT 5/15/15...it's 5/19/15. I must have looked at the wrong date somewhere. Oh well, I guess that gives me a couple of more days to figure out what I'm going to do!

HA! now i am a day ahead of you! i am the 18th!!!

Looks like a great plan to me! Would you believe that in my 7 day trip my only two ADRs are on the same day!!! :laughing: I hear ya though on your comment about not being able to handle two ADRs in one day... I was wondering about it myself! But my first is BoG for lunch at 11:55 and the second is Sci-Fi at 8:20pm so I think I can eat light enough at both and they're stretched out far enough that I think I'll be okay... even with dessert! :rotfl2:

HA! now i am a day ahead of you! i am the 18th!!!

Oh Good! Now you can make a few ADRs for me :)

Looks like a great plan to me! Would you believe that in my 7 day trip my only two ADRs are on the same day!!! :laughing: I hear ya though on your comment about not being able to handle two ADRs in one day... I was wondering about it myself! But my first is BoG for lunch at 11:55 and the second is Sci-Fi at 8:20pm so I think I can eat light enough at both and they're stretched out far enough that I think I'll be okay... even with dessert! :rotfl2:

I think those 2 ADR's are spread out enough that you shouldn't have a problem. Not to mention I always get hungry at the Parks...all that walking and riding builds up an apetite!

Following along!! Your trip sounds great and my family and I are planning on being there almost exactly like you...Nov.14-20. Forgive me if this was mentioned but I would perhaps look at doing any HP rides first as I think they would be on most people's list of rides to do. Also, there are some rides at Universal that offer a larger sit so you can be more comfortable. My DH used it on Hulk, Rip Ride and the original HP ride (blanking on the name). This was a great option and you just let the agent know you would like the larger sit and they will put you in the right line. Oh..and drink lots and lots of butterbeer.

Have fun!

Following along!! Your trip sounds great and my family and I are planning on being there almost exactly like you...Nov.14-20. Forgive me if this was mentioned but I would perhaps look at doing any HP rides first as I think they would be on most people's list of rides to do. Also, there are some rides at Universal that offer a larger sit so you can be more comfortable. My DH used it on Hulk, Rip Ride and the original HP ride (blanking on the name). This was a great option and you just let the agent know you would like the larger sit and they will put you in the right line. Oh..and drink lots and lots of butterbeer.

Have fun!

:welcome: Thank you so much for following along! Very cool we will be there during the same time. Do you know where you are staying yet?

I need to really start looking at some touring plans for US/IOA, but I agree with you that the HP will probably be the most popular. Thanks for the suggestion on the sets...I will definitely keep that in mind! :)

I have a friend who is a Travel Agent and she sent me some US/IOA maps to take a look at so I can maybe get some sort of game plan together.

Thanks again for following along!

Big Change! :) (shocker)

Ok, so there has been a pretty big change in our plans. It all started when I emailed my Travel Agent friend and asked if she could send me an US/IOA map. She sent me the brochures and my DD discovered them. She immediately said she wanted to go when we go on our March/April 2016 trip. Well, I talked to DH about it and told him if we go to US/IOA in the Spring next year that I really don't see the need to go during our trip in November. I honestly never thought my DD would be interested in going to US/IOA, but she proved me wrong! Also, my Mom and sister might join us for a few days during our Spring 2016 trip and my sister definitely wants to go to US/IOA because she is a huge HP. I think it would be fun visiting with a fellow HP fan so the decision has been made....DH and I are not going to US/IOA during this trip so that gives us another full day at Disney! My DH is completely onboard and we are both excited about having another full day at the Disney Parks.

What cracked me up during this whole thing was after the decision was made DH started informing me what parks we could go to each day!! REALLY?? LOL! His suggestions were pretty good, but I had to explain we still don't know November Park hours yet which we will need to know to help finalize the plans (ugh wish they would come out).

One thing I'm excited about is this means I get to see F! (finally!!!!). Tentatively here are the new revised plans (which include my DH's suggestions as well):

11/15: Arrival Day/DTD - same plans
ADR Dinner - TRex
11/16: Magic Kingdom - same plans
Lunch - Columbia Harbour House
ADR Dinner - 'Ohana
11/17 - Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios - New Plans
Lunch - FlameTree BBQ
ADR Dinner - SciFi
11/18 - Magic Kingdom/Epcot - New Plans
Lunch - QS (TBD)
ADR Dinner - San Angel Inn (new ADR - my DH wants to try this out, I'm all for it!)
11/19 - Morning is still TBD/Magic Kingdom (MVMCP)
Lunch - QS
ADR Dinner - BOG (oh please, please, please hope this happens)

Thursday morning is still up in the air, it will probably be AK or Epcot and then a nice break back at the hotel before the party! As you can see from these plans we will still have a QS meal available for both of us. Not quite sure where we will use that but may use it for breakfast one day, or if we get there early enough on our arrival day we can have a lunch at the resort or DTD. I'm sure it will be used at some point... :)

Ok, there you go! Our new plans. I'm pretty happy with this change. I was looking forward to US/IOA, but think it will better during our next trip next Spring! Thanks so much for following along with all my crazy changes!

As always, please feel free to give your suggestions! I would love to read about a review of San Angel Inn. My DH loves Mexican but as I mentioned he is a picky eater. I'm a little nervous when looking at the menu...I see a few things I can choose from but still a bit worried for my DH. He pretty much sticks to meat and cheese when it comes to Mexican...I figured Disney is so accommodating I'm sure he will be able to find something. :) I'm excited because I've wanted to eat there for quite some time (of course hoping for a table near the water to watch the ride go by).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter