Our First Disney Bound Adventure - Trip Report 2016

Jade-Elise

MrsLlante
get-excited-only-1-day-to-go.png

Hi Everyone!

Meet the Mouseketeers heading to Japan tomorrow....
10943708_10152531984460899_552311090995369643_o.jpg

Daddy (32), BubblesTheCat (8), RainbowBoy (7) and Me (30)
(This is the kids preferred screen names! Cute huh?)

I have been packed for a week now, I just want to go already! I want to take a second to thank everyone who has replied to all my posts the last few months. The planning for this has been intense and we are grateful to have found a supportive group to help us!

Our Trip:

Sunday 27/11 Flight leaves at 10:30am arrive Narita Airport at 6:30pm Check in Okura Tokyo Bay

Monday to Friday - Disney Resort!

Friday to Sunday - Toyohashi, Visiting Friends

Monday to Friday - Kyoto Nara & Himeji Day Trip

Saturday to Thursday - Tokyo, Odaiba, Legoland, Ghibli, Pokemon Center

Thursday 15/12 Flight Leaves at 8:25pm

UPDATES TO COME!

AH, Have ALL the fun!! We just got back from our Asia Disney trip a few weeks ago, Tokyo was my absolute FAVE!!
AH! AND Nara!! UGH, defintely feed the deer there! They're super cute!!!

Hope your trip is awesome!!

Well we are on day 5 of our 19 day holiday and already we are exhausted! Disney was so much more than we could have ever imagined! There was way too much to see and we did miss a lot, however, I do believe we saw more than enough. I had carefully planned as much as I could to make sure that we saw the 'must see's' as well as catering for the interests of my children. Hindsight 4 days in a row was a bit too much for us straight off the plane. RainbowBoy didn't even make it to 6pm the first night, in fact the first day in DisneyLand was not very productive. It was also the busiest day that we were there. I think we underestimated the crowds and wait times. We kept looking at queue times and walking away when we should've just jumped in. We didn't really optimise fast passes either. But it was all a learning curve. In saying this, we still had an absolutely magical experience. So much so, BubblesTheCat bawled on the monorail home last night. She said that she was so happy that her dreams came true and she didn't want to leave. (These were happy tears she insisted, I put it down to over exhaustion both physically and mentally!)

More detailed report to come when I get home. There are photos on every device possible!

Thank you all for the awesome advice it helped a lot!!!!

Happy to hear you are having great time in Japan!
Hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the days in Japan. Have fun, and also take time to relax!

And how adorable those names your kids came up with! :)

Glad to hear you had an awesome time so far!! TDR certainly is overwhelming and amazing!! Can't wait to read all about it!

Part #1 - The Long Flight

We all started very optimistic and excited. We were up at 5am ready to pack ourselves up to get to the airport. At 6am we were in the car on our way for our long flight to Japan. We were starting to feel the anxiety of flying, but stayed in high spirits.
FKSH7119.jpg
We arrived 3 hours before departure (as is suggested with our carrier) and were lucky to be the very first through baggage check for the flight, and there were no lines for customs and security so we ended up sitting in the lobby for just over 2 and a half hours (the flight was also delayed!)
IMG_3003.JPG
RainbowBoy (7) and BubblesTheCat (8) did really well waiting, however they were restless. We were so relieved to finally be getting onto the plane. The flight was uneventful but the children didn't fly so well. They were hard to keep occupied, even with 3DS, iPads, Books, Games and the in flight entertainment. I felt the 9 hours went exceptionally slow. BubblesTheCat was so desperate for entertainment that she ended up watching a documentary on the animals in Chernobyl.

FINALLY we landed! It was SO FREAKING COLD! We expected cold, but you have to remember we came from a 28°C to 8°C. We landed at Narita International 3. We had a very convuluted plan to get to our hotel. Because we landed at 6:30pm the free bus shuttles from the Hilton (and all Disney hotels) stop! So to get there we had to catch a limosine bus from Narita to Oriental Hotel, then taxi from Oriental to Hilton. The bus we were catching was the very last one, so we had to make sure we made it on time. We had 1 hour to get through customs, security, baggage and get to the ticket station, then to the bus. In that time I foolishly thought I would be able to exchange our rail passes. I was very wrong. So we made the long walk to Terminal 2 (not realising there was a free shuttle bus between the 2!) Tried frantically to figure out where the rail pass exchange counter was, by the time I got there it was closed, and the line for the JR was huge. I waited with still 20 minutes until bus arrive. I managed to get to the counter at 15 minutes to go, when the clerk told me we would need more time, and we couldn't exchange at this time. We would have to travel to Tokyo station. I was so upset with myself for being so foolish, but there was nothing to be done. I had already sent the family to the bus stop so I ran back to them in time for the bus to arrive. It was a disappointing start to the holiday, and a bit of a stressful start to our holiday. Thankfully the trip to the Oriental was uneventful if not long, and obtaining a taxi was quite easy. I was actually quite proud of my Japanese skills getting me as far as I had already. I'm no where near fluent, but I did end up knowing enough basic syntax to get us all by.

Arriving at the Hilton was MAGIC! We've never been to a Hilton before and they were amazingly polite and helpful. I love having bell hops, a break from lugging the luggage! I signed up to Hilton Honours and so glad that we did. We had a priority line for check in, and they allowed us late check out at 3pm! Woo! Whilst I was checking in, this photo explains everything that we had gone through....
20161127_221026.jpg

Our room was in the Happy Magic floor, unfortunately the children were so exhausted and tired that the awe of the room was lost on them. I ventured down to the convenience store (which by the way, was AWESOME!) We indulged in some onigiri, soboro bento and milk pudding. I couldn't wait to get Suntori peach alcohol. I lived off this stuff for the 3 weeks haha!

We slept quite soundly, even though the beds were much more hard than we are used to. Tomorrow was a big day!

Hi

Our trip is exactly an year away.... Till then fantasizing being there by reading yourExperiences.. Great detailed post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter