"OUR BIG, FAT DISNEY VACATION!" Ch.26 NEW! 2/11 pg. 121 "And they lived happily ever&

It's really, really over??? :sad1: I guess we knew it had to end someday.

BUT.

Nothing like the prospect of a new trip to set those keyboard buttons a-dancing, no?! :rotfl:

THANK YOU so much for sharing your trip with us! We're all a little richer for having traveled along with the UMamas. :hug:

Don't forget to come back and link us to the Disneyland TR! :banana:

Our Magical Express bus came to start our trip home. Walking to the bus, I felt like my feet were made out of lead. I did NOT want this to end. No, not at all. The depression hit me as I sat in the very last row of the going-home bus.
Pict0641.jpg

I am so sad to see the end of your TR. I followed along faithfully the whole way through. Seeing that picture of you brought tears to my eyes. It made me remember how I felt on the long bus ride back to the airport. Thank you so much for brightening my winter! I can't wait to read your DL report!

Thanks for the great trip report! I loved getting to know you and your family. :cheer2:
I have discovered a cure for the "I'm not at Disney blues", it's all my peeps on the Dis Boards! :mickeyjum

:sad1: :sad2:
I guess we all knew this day would come! Loved the pics of the princess and of S'late and Sirius!

But we do have that new DL trip report to look forward to!:woohoo:

I expect this to read a little like "The Griswold's Family Vacation!" Can't wait!

10 hours is about how long it takes us from Mississippi to Orlando. It is not too bad. Kids watched movies, I had my laptop. We usually leave at night and drive all night -everyone sleeps!

Thanks for a great trip report!!

I just can't accept that it is over. Nope not gonna do it. :sad2: (Yes, I am in complete denial that this thing is over;) :rotfl: )

I thoroughly enjoyed coming along for the ride with your lovely family! Your TR was truly a work of art!

We do have that DL trip to look forward to. :thumbsup2 I'll send you some lime green duct tape in the mail. ;) That should help make your trip a little "quieter". :thumbsup2

You can finally breath! What's so great is that you are going again!

10 hours easy peasy. Try 24 hours with a 10 month old, the 2 boys, my mom, and Tim and I. Again very doable for you.

Great TR. You had me at: "OUR BIG, FAT DISNEY VACATION!"

Loved it. Every last word.

and one last "birth-control" picture (your welcome!)
Pict0695.jpg

Stupid, stupid headphones!! :rotfl2:

Stay tuned for Our Big Fat RoadTrip to Disneyland in a couple weeks...

Woohoo! Light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you SO much for this--I've loved your trip report and can't wait to hear all about Disneyland when you get back! Is there a pre-pre-pre trip report started somewhere? :rotfl:

Oh, I can't believe it's over. Your TR was one of the very first ones that I started on. I was hooked from the beginning.

Since the start of your TR, we made our very first trip to WDW. My kids took autograph books that look remarkably like the ones your made (not that I COPIED them :goodvibes ). I was way more bummed about coming home than I thought I would be and am already planning for our next trip.

Thanks for a great ride and have a wonderful time at Disney Land!

Carol

I just wanted to say that I truly enjoyed your TR! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You made me feel like I was there with you. You have a beautiful family. My DS will be 2 on our next trip and we are anticipating the same type of meltdowns Norah had. He was not too happy last October at 19 months old being locked up in his stroller, I can only imagine the next trip.

I will be looking for your TR to DL and any other trips to WDW.

Have fun at DL! and THANK YOU!

UMA sad that this one has come to an end but we do have something to look forward too. Loved your report. You are a talented, funny writer. You put smiles on peoples faces.:) made us all :rotfl2:

Never been to DisneyLand so I can't wait for pictures and your report.

Is the car still clean? It doesn't take long for our car to get dirty again. Gold fish everywhere.....gum wrappers.

I'm so sad that it's over! I felt so bad just looking at the sad look on your face on the bus! Now you need to start a pre trip report for disneyland!:idea:

Really enjoyed your trip report, all 123 pages of it (is that some kind of record?) It helped me get through the days until we took our trip to WDW in January and then helped get over having to come back 10 days later.

We will keep our eyes open for you at our home park of Disneyland. Hope you have a safe trip and if we should see you all , depending on how it looks like the drive went we may say hello or we may just keep our heads down and head for Knott’s Berry Farm.

Wow, thanks for sharing your trip report. We will be waiting for the DL report. Hey, if it goes well I might consider my own road trip to the Land from Wyoming!

At the very end, I penned in a very light hand, and in a neat and tidy script: “Can life get any better than this? I submit that it can not

Whoa! I got goosebumps reading that! So sad to see the trip end. But.....that does mean that the next one can happen!

Say it isn't so!:guilty: I've truely enjoyed reading the adventures of the Utahmama Famdamalama!
Wendy, you're a great, entertaining writer.... you should seriously write a book about your every day life and the shenanigans it entails! I'd buy it! :lmao:
:cheer2: Yah!! DISNEYLAND ROAD TRIP!!! :cheer2:
Can't wait to hear all about your journey to the original house of mouse! California is waiting for ya, baby!:woohoo:

It was a very enjoyable trip report, thanks for sharing.

We're driving to Disneyland next summer. From Kansas. Not sure how many hours in the car that is. I don't want to know right now.

I look forward to reading your opinion of Disneyland!

Aaaawwww, Wendy..........

I've been putting off reading this all day just because I didn't want it to be over either! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to entertain us all with your awesome report. I know what a job it can be and you did it like a pro!

You are a talented writer and a comic genius. I've laughed at this report like no other! I've said it before but here goes again......you are the Erma Bombeck of the DIS...finding humor in all situations and I love you for it!

And the end...well...is sad for you and for us all but what a beautiful end to a fabulous report from a wonderful friend! Well done! :hug:

If we dont kill each other, we'll be in California the 24th. The 23rd is the actually drive....for 10 hours. The goal is to get to my sissy's house at 6pmish. I think we've actually scored a hotel on Katella (NOT a "no-tell-mo-tel" either) that is a little nice. the 24th is California Adventure day except dinner at Blue Bayou (the retaurant inside POC) and the 25th is Disneyland and the 26th is hoping between both parks to re-do our favorites. At some point, we'll do Downtown Disney. It's cool because both parks and DTD are right there in walking distance. The 27th is the drive home (or mama flys home???) The Suburaban is clean. The rain ponchos aired out. Pal Mickey has been brought out of "sleep". Snacks bought (and hidden!). New camera...to replace the unfortunate dropped one. We're all set. Except for the mental preparation of being enclosed for 10 hours of family-fun! OH, we have a DVD player for the car and game boys, and alphabet games...so I guess the kids will be occupied.

Not fair. I had to occupy myself by poking and pestering my younger sister when we went on road trips growing up. I could not even fathom watching movies or video games!!!! We did "Slug-bug" and "Out of State". Back in the day.

We did... hmmmm make that my boys STILL do slug bug - and get this, when they see a station wagon with "wood panels" they hit and say "woodie" I always say "STOP THAT"... :rotfl2:

As we boarded our flight to home, I duly noted the two Golden Girls sitting in the seats in front of us. They did that old-lady-pissy-sigh thing I’ve grown accustomed too. I just meekly smiled and prayed to God Norah would go to sleep. She fussed about getting buckled and thankfully we were not asked to leave. Within minutes of take-off, all my kids were dozing off. DH thumbed through his Sky Mall magalog and I quickly scratched more details in my TR notebook.

"I cry at other people's ends" should be, "I cry at other people's TR endings".
I totally hate endings! Especially mine. So I can either gently ease the band-aid off or I can just rip it. I think I'll rip it. That's what I do in real life.

so you understand why I wasnt anxious to read the last report!! :sad1:

I've taken notes, but I just cant type them out, some things I dont want to relive (like that 11 hour plane trip shouldaonly been 2 hours!!)

Thanks for giving your time, and sharing your talents!!:cheer2: :cheer2:
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter