Our August 2011 trip video!

CaptainCook

Mouseketeer
We just got back Thursday and wrapped this video last night... I like to hammer through it all while the trip is still fresh on my mind. We'll put together another longer version with some of the good footage. It's tough condensing a whole trip down to just four minutes!

This was our second family trip with the kids and we did a split stay between Wilderness Lodge/Beach Club/Polynesian. It is going to be tough to top!!

ETA: It seems there is still some low-volume phantom music showing up about halfway through. I have NO IDEA where it's coming from, nor how to fix it - argh! Back to the drawing board. (This doesn't show up in iMovie, only when I export to YouTube or burn to DVD. Any suggestions??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNrQFbP_D20

Thank you!

For anyone looking to do one of these videos and specifically, planning to use iMovie to make it - I thought I would share what I found.

The phantom music is from an iMovie glitch. In iMovie you have the option to fast-forward your footage to either a pre-set speed (I believe they offer 150%, 200%, and 400%) or you can select your own speed. I usually selected my own speed to make the clip fit the timing of my music.

It's using these oddball speeds (like 183%) that result in the glitch. If I'd just stuck with the pre-set speeds, I would have been fine. This explains why I've never had trouble with this in iMovie before - I have fast-forwarded clips, but never had to set them to time with music.

I don't think there is anything I can do to fix this. I have tried stripping out all audio and adding it back in, but the phantom music just shows back up in a different spot. I may just have to learn to live with it.

Or... as someone on an iMovie forum offered... bite the bullet, and buy Final Cut Pro!

Hope this helps someone else avoid the same aggravation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter