Our Anniversary Trip! Day Eight is Complete!

goodmorningirl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! This will be my first trip report. I'm so excited to share my trip with all of you! I guess I'll start now with a pre-trip report so you guys can get some backround info on this trip. I apologize if you also are members of TGM because I will be posting this there also. First off, the cast of characters...

Me18, Sam--I have been to Disney more times then I really know, probably about once almost every year since I was three. I have grown up immersed in Disney and am now obsessed! Disney movies are my favorite and I love going to Disney World. Eventually I would love to have a Disney Wedding and my goal is to go to every Disney park in the World. Magic Kingdom is my favorite of the parks.

DBF18, Cory--The Love of My Life. Not as Disney obssesed as I am but does really like Disney. Has watched more Disney movies since we've been together. Has gone to Disney World in the past and has really liked it. OK with a Disney wedding as long as there are no characters. Really excited about going on this trip.

A little bit of backround on the two of us and this trip to get to know us more!

Cory and I met when we both decided to go to a specialized high school. In order to get in you have to take a test. We met as freshmen in the same class, although our whole freshmen class was only 26 people. From the moment I saw him, I knew that I wanted to be with him. After a while of getting to know eachother he asked me out in the spring of freshmen year. We just graduated high school a few weeks ago and still together. We have been together for a little over 3 years now and never had any issues. We know that we want to spend the rest of our lives together :love: which is why we are also going to the same college in Tampa, Florida (only about 2 hours from Disney!! Woo Hoo!!). Springbreak 2005 we went to Disney with his family for 2 days. We went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot only for a few hours. It was one of the best vacations I've been on. We decided last year that we wanted to take our first trip together before college. Of course we decided on Disney World. So now after waiting over a year we have 15 days left!! Yes, only 15!!! We can barely contain ourselves.

I'll leave you with that for now. If you'd like I'll post some pictures of us in the next post.

Congrats on your graduation. I hope you have a great time in the World and can't wait to read all about it.

SOOOO excited for you!!!!! Its the best to go away together and leave the world behind and be in Disney, u will have an awesome time! So where are you staying? Where do u plan one eating? We want to know!!!!

congrats on three years! Im 20 and Im married to my high school sweetheart, 21. We got together when I was 17, junior year of high school. We love eachother so much! :cloud9: STILL trying to get him to go to disneyworld! :lmao: cant wait to hear your trip! Ill just imagine its me and my DH! HAHA!! Oh, and yes we want LOTS of pictures. LOTS AND LOTS. Its half the fun of trip reports! Give us lots of details!

Thanks so much for all your very nice comments! It was very hard to choose our dining choices as you all probably know. There are so many places that we wanted to try! So with 10 days at the Contemporary at least we can pick more than a few places to dine. So here is our itinerary for right now.

Tues July 10
Arrive at the Contemporary about 1:30
Go to Magic Kingdom (my favorite park)
Lunch at Tony's Town Square at 2:30
Dinner at Columbia Harbour House

Wed July 11
Go to Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:05
Lunch at El Pirata y El Perico
Go to Polynesian for a 6:40 Dinner at 'Ohana (really excited about seeing the Polynesian, think it may be my next resort;) )

Thurs July 12
Go to Epcot (Cory's favorite park)
Lunch at Lotus Blossum Cafe
Cory has DiveQuest at 4:00 (certified through our high school and loves to dive. Promised to pet the sea turtle for me)
Late Dinner at Coral Reef at 8:10

Fri July 13
Go to MGM
Lunch at Pizza Planet (Cory's favorite Disney movie)
Dinner at 5:30 at Sci-Fi Dine-In

Sat July 14
Pool/Relax Day
1:00 Horseback Riding at Wilderness Lodge
Back to Contemporary to relax
Dinner at 9:20 at California Grill (late because fireworks are at 10:00)

Sun July 15
Go to Typhoon Lagoon
Lunch at Typhoon Tilly's
Shopping in DTD
Dinner at 5:00 at Raglan Road
Maybe go to Magic Kingdom for EMH

Mon July 16
Go to the Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Tusker House
Go to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Dinner at 7:00 at Boma
Return to Animal Kingdom for EMH

Tues July 17
Go to MGM
Lunch at 12:30 at Prime Time Cafe
Go to Epcot for other half of day
Dinner at 6:30 at San Angel Inn

Wed July 18
Go to Magic Kingdom for our last full day :sad1:
Lunch at Casey's Corner
Dinner at 7:40 at Cinderella's Royal Table

Thurs July 19
Possibly go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours before we have to leave

So that's our basic itinerary. Let me know what you all think!

Here are some pics so you guys know who we are..:goodvibes

LasVegas171.jpg

In Las Vegas, Cory surprised me by taking me to dinner in the Eifel Tower at Paris

Picture061.jpg

On vacation at the Tampa Zoo

Prom015.jpg

At our Senior Prom

You guys are soooooooo cute!

Your plans sound good to me!! Are you doing the dining plan? I know you will love the Poly, we did- its a bit out of our price range but I MUST visit there at least once every trip! It's beautiful! If you end up getting seated late or eating slow try and stick around and head to their beach when the fireworks are starting at MK, and the water parade is really neat too!

Thanks so much! Yes we are on the dining plan, it just seems so worth it. I've never been to the Poly and will definetly walk around and explore.

I think the DDP is soooooo worth it! If you end up with extra snack credits (we usually do) then try out Goofy's in DTD for create ur own snacks for a credit each- we brought them home for our friends and they loved them!

Its crazy! Ive been to so many of the places your eating, even at the Paris in vegas! Yum! I remember going to the poly dinner show when I was little. I had mac and cheese...but it was good! lol! They make all the kids hula (SO embarassing...) I know what you mean, I LOVE magic kingdom! Youve got so many great places to eat!

StarDrifter: Didn't you just love Paris in Vegas?? It was so awesome..we had a window seat so we could watch the water show at the Belagio.

Anywho I'm glad you all like the places we picked and the Goofy place in DTD sounds great. My DBF is into the make it yourself stuff, he can't wait to make a lightsaber. lol. This is my first trip thingy so I really don't know what else to talk about until my trip lol. If you have any more questions or advice please let me know. BTW is construction at the Contemporary really seen? We're in the South Wing and I would hate it to disrupt anything. Thanks guys!!

My wife and I got married in Paris..........

.....................................................................Paris, TN.

Woo, really romantic isn't it. It seems to work better if we leave that last part off!

I can't wait to read more! Keep em coming!

Hey everyone!! Only a week to go!! I can't believe it's so close!! So we are booked for a garden view room in the south wing and my boyfriend just asked if there is any way to be upgraded to a tower MK view. I read on another post that they had the wing room and were upgraded when they arrived! Does anyone know how we can get this??
I'm trying to make a list of things I need now to see what I have to pick up...anything you guys would suggest?? Talk to you all soon!!!

Some disposable rain ponchos, for sure. The small ones that will fit in a backpack or purse whatever you are taking to the parks with u.

As far as the upgrade most of the time the only way to get it is luck, or more bucks! But I guess you never know!

This is your first trip right? Make sure you tell them that on the ressie, maybe call and confirm it and remind them to make a note of it, it couldn't hurt!

I think I'm gonna have my boyfriend call about the room..so everyone keep your fingers crossed. Anyway..so here is my final intinerary..i think..lol..I know it's extremely long and it might not all be accomplished but I'm ok with that..lol..so here ya go..I would love to hear any suggestions!

July 10
Arrive and go to Magic Kingdom as soon as possible.
Lunch at Tony’s Town Square at around 2.
Not sure about dinner..
Try to just take it all in and do what we can.

July 11
Get to Magic Kingdom for 8:05 breakfast at Crystal Palace.
Get a FP for Space Mountain.
Ride Space Mountain
Ride Buzz Lightyear
(Ride Winnie the Pooh
Ride Peter Pan
Ride It’s a Small World
Ride Snow White
Ride Carrousel
Ride Mad Tea Party) do all these if time permits otherwise will do on other rope drop Get to Toontown by 9:50 for character meets
Catch Railroad to Frontierland
Get FP for Splash
Ride Big Thunder Mountain
Ride Pirates
Get FP for Jungle Cruise
Lunch at El Pirata y el Perico
Splash with FP
Jungle Cruise with FP
Space Mountain with FP
Ride TTA
Ride Carrousel of Progress

July 12
Arrive at Epcot for Rope Drop
Get FP for Soarin’
Ride Soarin’
Ride the Seas with Nemo and Friends
Go to Turtle Talk
Get FP for Test Track
Ride Journey into Imagination
Lunch at Lotus Blossum Café
Get FP for Mission Space
Ride Maelstrom
Ride El Rio del Tiempo
I’m thinking that by this time it will be around 4?? 4:30 is DBF Dive Quest
Get to Coral Reef for dinner at 8:00
Most likely we will not catch Illuminations tonight EMH hours to use of FPs for Soarin’, Test Track, and Mission Space.

July 13
Arrive at MGM for Rope Drop
Get FP for RNR
Ride RNR
Ride Tower of Terror
Catch Voyage of Little Mermaid
Get FP for Star Tours
Lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet
Catch Beauty & the Beast around 12:30
RNR with FP
Indiana Jones around 2:00
Stars and Motor Cars Parade at 3:00
Lights, Motors, Action around 4:00
Dinner at Sci-Fi at 5:30
Ride Muppet Vision
Star Tours with FP
Whatever else we can before Fantasmic at 9:00
See Fantasmic at 9:00

July 14
Relaxing Day
Horseback Riding at 2:30 at Wilderness Lodge
Pool time, Possible shopping in DTD
Lunch at the hotel or DTD
Dinner at California Grill at 9:20 for fireworks

July 15
Get to Typhoon Lagoon at opening
Lunch in Typhoon Lagoon
Leave Typhoon Lagoon a little after lunch, once all our rides are done
Shopping in DTD
Dinner at Raglan Road at 5:00
Some more shopping in DTD Maybe the Adventurers Club for a little
Most likely EMH at Magic Kingdom

July 16
Get to Animal Kingdom for Rope Drop
FP for Expedition Everest
Ride Expedition Everest
Ride Kilimanjaro Safari
Ride Primeval Whirl
Ride DINOSAUR
Ride Kali River Rapids
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Ride It’s Tough to Be a Bug
FP for Kilimanjaro Safari
Lunch at Tusker House
Kilimanjaro Safari with FP
Pangani Forest Trail
Festival of the Lion King around 2:00
Jammin’ Jungle Parade at 4:00
Nemo Musical around 5:00
Dinner at Boma at 7:00
Go back to Animal Kingdom for EMH and do whatever we can, use FP for Expedition Everest

July 17
Get to MGM for Rope Drop
Grab FP for RNR
Ride RNR
Ride Tower of Terror
Ride the Great Movie Ride
Ride Backlot Tour
Go to Honey I Shrunk the Kids set
Ride RNR with FP
Lunch at 50’s Prime Time at 12:30
Try to Ride Tower of Terror before we leave
Go over to Epcot
Try to get a FP for one of the big rides if we can
Focus on exploring the park, especially World Showcase
Dinner at San Angel Inn at 6:30
Explore some more
See Illuminations

July 18
Arrive at Magic Kingdom for Rope Drop
See Ariel at her Grotto
Ride Winnie the Pooh
Ride Peter Pan
Ride Snow White
Get FP for Space Mountain
Ride Buzz Lightyear
Explore a little bit
Get FP for Splash
Ride Big Thunder Mountain
Explore Tom Sawyer Island
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
Ride Pirates
Ride Jungle Cruise
Ride Tiki Room
Ride PhilarMagic
Maybe Storytime with Belle
Anything else we can get in
Dinner at CRT at 7:40
Anything else we can do
Wishes at 10
Spectro at 11

July 19
Possibly get to Animal Kingdom at Rope Drop for a few hours before our flight, probably not.

hey where is everybody?? i want to post my day to day plans but I don't know if anyone is there to listen...I only have 4 more days left...Stick with me..

Hey everyone..I hope some of you are hanging on..I only have 2 days left and will start my trip report as soon as I return home..I can't believe it's so close!!:simba: :dumbo: :ccat: :stitch: :sulley:

Just found your pre-trip. Sounds like you have it all planned perfectly! Can't wait to read the trip report when you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter