OT: ChaCha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basically stopped after the did away with the Top Guide .20 per question pay rate. Its just not worth it for me anymore.

Maggie

I wanted to sign up to be a chacha guide, but when I went to the site it said they are not hiring anymore guides for the time being.

When should I check back? I'm not looking to make loads of $$$, but basically for something to do (besides gambling online:rolleyes1) when my husband works nights and weekends, and I'm home alone!

Thanks!

I'm not doing much anymore either. DH just doesn't feel motivated either. 12 cents a question just isn't worth it. Now bring back top guide and I might feel more motivated.

What are the expeditors making a month? Just passed test, may try logging in tonight for the first time, as a second job. How do most get paid? I understand there are 2 options, direct deposit and another, I can't remember. What option is best? Anything else I should know before logging in tonight? Thanks in advance.

You can get paid once a month, which is the direct deposit, or Pay Me Now where you take out your money whenever you want to. If you do PMN, there's a $2 fee each time you do it. I get paid monthly, it's easier, and doesn't cost anything.

i have PMN, but i only use it about once a month. i answer 125-160 queries per day, and make $400-$460 per month. the pay sucks, but there are no jobs to be had around here, so i'm kind of stuck. if DH gets laid off tomorrow, we'll really be sunk.

I'm sorry to be a pest, but does anyone know when I should check back with chacha to see if they open up their guide roles again? Is this a common thing, or are the full for awhile?

Thank you!

I'm sorry to be a pest, but does anyone know when I should check back with chacha to see if they open up their guide roles again? Is this a common thing, or are the full for awhile?

Thank you!

There's no real way to tell...just keep checking. Good luck! :goodvibes

I'm not doing much again either. I'm sick of answer $.10 questions. It feels like forever before you can make any decent money. Since I'm on PMM, I have to make at least $100 a month. I'm at $110 right now and I think I"m done, at least for a while. I feel like I spend all my time on here and ignore my kids just for a few pennies. I'm lucky enough that I don't have to do this to pay bills, so I might feel differently if I really needed the money for that.

I think I'm also just sick of the sex questions, stupid questions that no one can answer and the awful questions. My first question 2 days ago was "Is it ok if I have sex with a baby?". :sick: As a mother of 4, I just wanted to reach through that phone and claw his (or her?) eyes out. You don't even joke about something like that. It's beyond disgusting. And frankly, it's not all the unusual for me to get completely innappropriate questions on a semi-regular basis. I just answered a girl today who wanted to know how hard she'd have to be punched in the stomach to get her to miscarry. :(

IMO, sometimes extra spending money for Disney just isn't worth those, kwim?

Before I started I loved the idea of helping people find info b/c I'm the research queen, and get a kick out of it! But I've been doing it about 2 months now and I admit that it's wearing on my nerves. Every day I force myself to sit down and do it until I've made at least $5, and most days (weekdays) it takes me over 3 hours to get there.

But it's not just that, it's the quality of the whole thing. I am very precise about answering questions with valid sources, even double checking my answers when I'm not certain that it's the best answer, but doing it as fast as I can (which is surprisingly stressful ;) ). And I definitely don't hit "accept" on answers I'm not fairly confident I can find the correct (not just closest) answer for. I know it means I make less b/c I'm not churning and burning questions, but I believe in doing a job right.

And yet I see answers in the history practically nonstop where guides CLEARLY didn't know what they were talking about, were just chunking out any answer as fast as possible (that could have been easily, thoroughly answered with a little extra effort), or are just flat out WRONG. Little things like the person asking for a nearby Walmart and the guide saying, "I need your city." They could look at the sender's location and search for one there, and if that's not what they were looking for they'll text back. But give them SOMETHING. Or a guide won't check history and the person is looking for MORE info, but just keep getting back the same basic answer. C'mon already! Worse, I actually ChaCha myself to get an answer at times, and 50% of the time get terrible responses, despite forming the ? in a way I know will make it easy on the guide.

So it's like...I'm making NOTHING and my hard work doesn't seem to matter. Getting a good "quality" rating may keep me from being dumped by ChaCha but it certainly doesn't seem like they have very high standards, so I keep wondering why I'm even bothering.

And to think I used to question whether taking 30 minutes to do a $3 survey was worth my time :rolleyes1 Heck, that's like rolling in the dough compared to ChaCha!

How is the readiness test? Is it hard? Any trick questions? I'm in orientation and don't want to be unprepared for when I take the test! Thanks!!!

It's not hard...just be sure not to use the chacha.com site or wikipedia as your source! And they will come up in the system on the page as sources so you have to watch. And while time is important, I think it's more important that you get the correct answer to the question. Good luck!

i enjoyed it the first few weeks I was a guide...right before and during the election.....now I have to force myself to work :guilty:

How is the readiness test? Is it hard? Any trick questions? I'm in orientation and don't want to be unprepared for when I take the test! Thanks!!!

I didn't find it all that hard, but plenty of people fail it so maybe it is. :confused3 Just be sure to read up really good before you take it. Do not use ChaCha.com, Wiki, answerbag.com, etc. Make sure it's a legit site. And absolutely be sure you spell it ChaCha, not Chacha or Cha Cha or cha cha, etc. That'll get you dinged right away. They are VERY picky about the company name being spelled correctly.

i used to make $25.00-$30.00 per day as a top guide. now that i'm "controlling my own destiny" i work from 7:00am to 4:30 or 5:00pm and make $17.00. if i didn't need the money for spending money at disney, i'd quit.

I have been discouraged by ChaCha. I hate working all day for $10-$15. I see people on the boards talking about making $10 an hour. How the heck is that possible? I think it is because they are giving poor answers.
I love the questions featured on the Dean's list. I am surprised QC didn't field them out. Most are clearly not WOW answers & some don't even follow the guidelines.
For example...I got a question asking if a ride was open at a popular amusement park. It was a brand new ride & scheduled to open that day. I gave the park hours, info on how to get on new ride, & ticket prices. I got a 0% because I neglected the phone number. (It wouldn't fit, my mistake)
I see on the Dean's list a similar question..."what does the restaurant, Blah Blah, serve?" This answer was a WOW..."American style menu including burgers, fries & healthy salads." If the person had asked for menu of several restaurants they wouldn't know which one served the American food & couldn't call to find out.
I want Top Guide back or at least a chance for more than $2-$3 an hour!

Ok...I am testing as an expeditor. Am I supposed to be using sources for that too? I thought that was just for the other guides?

Is anyone still on ChaCha? :confused3 I'd been lurking on this thread for awhile and have been on ChaCha for about a week. The only time it's been btb was Saturday night at like 2 a.m. Other than that I get one or two questions every half an hour. I do enjoy it but if it stays like this it's going to take me 3-4 months before I even get to the $100! I'd be perfectly happy making $.12 a question if I got more questions. How's everyone else doing?

I'm also am a member of kgb.com but haven't started answering any questions (I passed the Simulator a few weeks ago). I thought I would try ChaCha first since they pay more. I wonder if kgb has a higher frequency of questions.

Is anyone still on ChaCha? :confused3 I'd been lurking on this thread for awhile and have been on ChaCha for about a week. The only time it's been btb was Saturday night at like 2 a.m. Other than that I get one or two questions every half an hour. I do enjoy it but if it stays like this it's going to take me 3-4 months before I even get to the $100! I'd be perfectly happy making $.12 a question if I got more questions. How's everyone else doing?

I'm also am a member of kgb.com but haven't started answering any questions (I passed the Simulator a few weeks ago). I thought I would try ChaCha first since they pay more. I wonder if kgb has a higher frequency of questions.

Hi, I;m still with ChaCha question can vary by the day for me. Sometimes is super busy sometime not so much. I average around 3oo a month.

I am doing both ChaCha and KGB. Even with the pay cuts and the slowing down at ChaCha it is paying more than KGB. Sometimes you can sit on KGB for quite a while and there aren't any questions showing up to answer, then one shows up and before you can click it's taken by someone else. At KGB I probably average about $1 to $1.50 an hour, on ChaCha depending on how busy it is I am getting between $2 and $6 an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter