Orbitz/Expedia/Travelocity Rooms ??

I thought I saw the rates are back to the normal cancellation policy (the same disney one). I'm on my iphone now so it's not that easy to navigate to check again. I remember for a while they were testing the waters and had that cancellation fee going. Looks like they are back to normal now, right?

From the booking pages on a 5/30 check in -

• Change of plans? No problem. You can cancel for free before Thu, May 25
Yes, it looks like the quirk regarding kids has been fixed. That's judging from the itemized charges on the site, anyway~

Reactions: TJA
I've used Orbitz several times in the past for WDW. Are there and better offers with Expedia or Travelocity...ie:discount codes?

When I looked at the cancellation policy on the rooms most of them had a $25 cancel charge added to them. Very few had a free cancellation.

"THANKS15" is currently working to take an extra 15% off 2+ nights on Orbitz rooms, including the already discounted Fun & Sun room rates available for our dates in May.

"THANKS15" is currently working to take an extra 15% off 2+ nights on Orbitz rooms, including the already discounted Fun & Sun room rates available for our dates in May.

I've been waiting for this - off to check my dates. Thanks!

When I looked at the cancellation policy on the rooms most of them had a $25 cancel charge added to them. Very few had a free cancellation.

I looked at POR and YC. It's free cancellation BUT Orbitz states that they retain the "service fee", indicated by "taxes and fees per night". That fee is dependent upon the total. I'm going to hold off because the room type I want isn't available for my dates at YC and POR is only offered at rack rate - though THANKS15 did work on my dates through June 8...just no stacking at POR

I'm glad you posted, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that the taxes and fees were super low. Orbitz keeps that when you cancel.

I looked at POR and YC. It's free cancellation BUT Orbitz states that they retain the "service fee", indicated by "taxes and fees per night". That fee is dependent upon the total. I'm going to hold off because the room type I want isn't available for my dates at YC and POR is only offered at rack rate - though THANKS15 did work on my dates through June 8...just no stacking at POR

I'm glad you posted, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that the taxes and fees were super low. Orbitz keeps that when you cancel.

I need to look more closely at that - thanks for pointing it out. I went to the end to see my final booking price with promo code and all I noticed was a $25 cancel fee. I did not book yet because I'd like to see the AP deal before committing to Orbitz. As of right now, Orbitz deal with promo beats my PIN code deal by a fair amount....

I booked my room at AKL yesterday. I used the thanks15 code. On my confirmation email it says this which I'm reading as they do not charge a cancel or change fee:
Cancellations and changes
We understand that sometimes plans fall through. We do not charge a cancel or change fee. When the property charges such fees in accordance with its own policies, the cost will be passed on to you. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge charges the following cancellation and change fees.
Cancellations or changes made before 4:00PM (Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)) on Apr 3, 2017 or no-shows are subject to a $25.00 hotel fee.
Cancellations or changes made after 4:00PM (Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)) on Apr 3, 2017 or no-shows are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first nights rate plus taxes and fees.

How long does it take for disney to recognize your orbitz confirmation number? I booked this morning and it's not recognizing it yet

Cheaptickets owned by Orbitz has 16% off no min night for stays through March 31 using code celebrate16.

Last edited:
I just tried that code and it did not work for my dates (late april - 5 nights)

Can someone help me?? I'm trying to figure out where to put the discount code! I cannot seem to locate it. I've looked when I do my search, I've tried selecting the resort but I cannot find it! Thanks!!!!

Scratch that! Found it!

How long does it take for disney to recognize your orbitz confirmation number? I booked this morning and it's not recognizing it yet

Give orbitz a quick call. Tell them you need the Disney hotel confirmation number. They will put you on hold and get it with no problem. Then just link it up!

Where do you enter the promo code? I don't see a place on their website nor is that promo under deals. I only see one that's good until March 29. Thanks.

Where do you enter the promo code? I don't see a place on their website nor is that promo under deals. I only see one that's good until March 29. Thanks.

Right below that first window with your contact info, you'll see in green "we use secure transmission". Below it, in blue, click on "enter a promo code or coupon". Your credit card windows are right below that.

They don't want to make it obvious, or anything!

Would anyone know the answer to this- I have to book 2 rooms because there are 6 of us. The orbitz code for 15% is good on only 1 room. If I book 1 room under my name with the code, and the second under my husbands with the code, can they link the 2 up so we have a better chance on connecting rooms? Do you forsee any other problems with having the 2 rooms in 2 different names?

Right below that first window with your contact info, you'll see in green "we use secure transmission". Below it, in blue, click on "enter a promo code or coupon". Your credit card windows are right below that.

They don't want to make it obvious, or anything!
Got it. Thanks yeah they don't make it obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!