Orbitz/Expedia/Travelocity Rooms ??

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
They still aren't there. On property rooms for 2017. I even checked for January and it's still showing 'We're sold out'.

Does anyone have any inside information about why this is? We usually book at the end of the year using orbitz but this is just weird.

They still aren't there. On property rooms for 2017. I even checked for January and it's still showing 'We're sold out'.

Does anyone have any inside information about why this is? We usually book at the end of the year using orbitz but this is just weird.

They haven't bought their blocks of rooms yet. Or they already sold out of their original block and haven't bought round 2 yet.

They haven't bought their blocks of rooms yet. Or they already sold out of their original block and haven't bought round 2 yet.

I don't think they sold out, because I have been checking every day since Disney announced their 2017 rates last Summer. I have been checking for January, May and September, and various resorts and nothing has shown up. I think they just haven't been loaded yet. Perhaps it had something to do with the Orbitz-Expedia merger? Maybe their systems had to be made compatible in some way first? Just a guess though.

I have talked to a few agents at Orbitz and Expedia and heard different stories. The one I believe is that Expedia, which owns Orbitz and etc, is in a dispute with Disney over commissions. Disney wants a better deal than anyone else and the two sides aren't budging.
I've heard this story in years past but this is the latest this game of chicken has ever gone.

Afaik Expedia does not buy rooms from Disney. Rather Disney offers them rooms to sell and Expedia takes a commission on them. Expedia never owns the rooms. There's no guaranteed income for Disney.

My May 2016 DW trip was booked via Expedia on Dec. 30th 2015...which was the day it popped up on their site! So if they aren't listed by then...I'd say that Disney has cut them out of the loop as they say!

My May 2016 DW trip was booked via Expedia on Dec. 30th 2015...which was the day it popped up on their site! So if they aren't listed by then...I'd say that Disney has cut them out of the loop as they say!

Interesting. I didn't track it last year but latest I had seen before was end of November. Now I'm all excited to see what happens.

Interesting development; not Orbitz but Priceline previously showed for our dates in March only AKL. Now it shows a dozen WDW resorts. Prices are not great but they are there.

Hotwire Hot Rates blind booking feature has what looks like Pop for $8 less than Disney direct and SSR Tree Top Villas.

Interesting development; not Orbitz but Priceline previously showed for our dates in March only AKL. Now it shows a dozen WDW resorts. Prices are not great but they are there.

Hotwire Hot Rates blind booking feature has what looks like Pop for $8 less than Disney direct and SSR Tree Top Villas.

I'm looking for LATE April into the first week of May...10 days..(POR)....I already booked thru the un-named TA...got a good deal over booking thru Disney...BUT its still not as good as the Expedia deal I got last year...got my fingers crossed that Expedia will come thru again

****update**** I just checked Priceline...uggg...those are rack rate prices!

Last edited:
I'm looking for LATE April into the first week of May...10 days..(POR)....I already booked thru the un-named TA...got a good deal over booking thru Disney...BUT its still not as good as the Expedia deal I got last year...got my fingers crossed that Expedia will come thru again

****update**** I just checked Priceline...uggg...those are rack rate prices!
Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of that is. Hoping Orbitz does not do the same.

Glad,to find this discussion. I could not figure out why they were showing all booked. Interesting to see whether rooms will become available.

Orbitz and Cheaptickets are showing a limited number of resorts for the first part of the year. Hopefully that will carry through to the other months.

Just booked PO Riverside in late March on Orbitz. Their rates are matching Disney's discounted rates. Added code HOLIDAY for an extra 15% off. Yee Haw.

I'm wondering if disney is going to trickle out the orbitz/exped/trav. rooms after more of theirs fill up at the higher prices (without that added coupon). I'm kinda shocked at the high prices and without that added discount, we may be staying home this year. The price was already teetering on being our breaking point and without that 20% once a year discount that travelocity typically gave, I think we're done.

Just booked PO Riverside in late March on Orbitz. Their rates are matching Disney's discounted rates. Added code HOLIDAY for an extra 15% off. Yee Haw.[/QUOTE

I booked POR also...but mine is late April into May...I used the un-named TA and got a MUCH better rate than Disney or Orbitz (even with the 15% off code) BUT my rate is STILL 15% higher than I paid for the same resort at the same time in 2016....That's crazy...Disney KEEPS raising the prices every year and give these "fake" discounts to get them back to the rack rate...SMH

Cheaptickets and Orbitz have added rooms from the Fun & Sun promotion. I'll be watching for the new code to stack!

I asked for a quote from the group Markb681 used and it was only 5% off rack! I emailed right after their dates were released, too.

Cheaptickets and Orbitz have added rooms from the Fun & Sun promotion. I'll be watching for the new code to stack!

I asked for a quote from the group Markb681 used and it was only 5% off rack! I emailed right after their dates were released, too.

Wow! When are u going? I got 20% off a standard view POR thru them...Room only...April 26th thru May 6th

The problem I have with the Disney Promo rates is they don't include a standard view rooms...So getting 20% off from the TA I thought was a decent deal...But its not the same deal I got for the Spring 2016...which was 20% off from Disney plus I was able to stack the Orbitz 15%...I paid $162 tax INCLUDED for the same room/resort at the same time....

Wow! When are u going? I got 20% off a standard view POR thru them...Room only...April 26th thru May 6th

The problem I have with the Disney Promo rates is they don't include a standard view rooms...So getting 20% off from the TA I thought was a decent deal...But its not the same deal I got for the Spring 2016...which was 20% off from Disney plus I was able to stack the Orbitz 15%...I paid $162 tax INCLUDED for the same room/resort at the same time....

My dates are 5/30-6/4. My quote was 5% off SV, RO. Though I was encouraged to, I didn't book it because we didn't have DH's vacation time approved and I wasn't impressed with the quote. I have Pool View booked under the RO promo but am trolling for a better deal.

I woke up this morning to see this for my dates too! Also waiting for the extended promo code.

So a few things I noticed: (1) I went all the way to the final stage of booking and it looks like they fixed the problem they had with the price increasing when we book the kids. Anyone else confirm they've fixed this? It would be nice to simply book online and not have to call to add the kids like in prior years. (2) Looks like the cancellation policy is back to the normal 5 days before trip. I know for a while they were testing charging a cancellation fee. Anyone else see this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter