Opinions Wanted on Which Resort

Tyffni

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I'm splurging on a belated birthday gift for myself and plan to visit WDW in January. In the past, I have stayed at the All Stars, Pop, Coronado, and POFQ. We plan on visiting Epcot. So here are my thoughts...

1. There is amazing room only rate for Animation at $142 a night. While it's not a Deluxe, I've never seen it for that rate and we have never stayed there.

2. I'm really facscinated with the Poly lately, but I'm not sure if I should save that for a MK trip.

3. Yacht and Boardwalk are going for about the same rate. Neither one has ever really excited me, but they are both convenient to Epcot. In theory, I could stay at Swan and Dolphin and save some money. Plus, work is being done on the Boardwalk parking lot.

Of course, I could save money and stay at PO Riverside or Caribbean Beach.

What are your thoughts?

For your birthday I would go with a deluxe. Then again I have been hooked on the deluxe resorts since I first tried one :crazy2:. I would go with either the Poly or Beach Club. My favorite of the 2 is the Poly. You can walk to the ticket and transportation center and hop on the monorail to Epcot which takes about 15 to 20 minutes including the walk to the TTC.
We just stayed at the Beach Club this June and I absolutely loved the walking path to Epcot. I know you didn't list the Beach Club but you cannot beat the short walk to Epcot, it is very convenient. The Yacht Club is a little further away from the Epcot path. I would say guessing it is about a 5 minute walk to the international gateway from the Beach Club.

Deluxe is good, deluxe club even better, poly is great!
If it's a quick visit n a 1 park/Epcot, I'd stay closer. Whatever you decide ...birthday wishes, pixie dust ur way to an UPgrade... Happened to me

Thank you both!

My only fear with Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk is the lack of food court. For now, I have a Little Mermaid room booked at AoA for $142. I'm going to touch base with a couple of TAs to see what rate they can get me for Poly. My husband has trouble walking long distances, so I don't want to stress him by walking from the IG to the front of the park in the morning.

Last edited:

I have read that walking from the little mermaid rooms at AOA is a long walk. I'm not for sure I have never stayed there but maybe someone on here knows more.

I have read that walking from the little mermaid rooms at AOA is a long walk. I'm not for sure I have never stayed there but maybe someone on here knows more.

Thanks! When we stay at value resorts, we usually try to drive to the front for the day and then take the bus to the parks. I wish Disney had buses to take those at Epcot resorts to the front of the park in the morning!

Thanks! When we stay at value resorts, we usually try to drive to the front for the day and then take the bus to the parks. I wish Disney had buses to take those at Epcot resorts to the front of the park in the morning!
The Epcot resorts do have the boats that take you to HS and Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter