Opinions please! My Disney Wardrobe

P&L@WDW

Mouseketeer
Well, I'm less than two months away from my trip! This will be my 10th trip, and I wanted to try something a little different - I wanted to try making the majority of my outfits with a Disney theme. But now I'm second guessing myself, wondering if I'll look silly or like I'm dressing too 'young' or trying too hard.

A little about me - I'm 35, short and somewhat round. I am usually really outgoing and confident, with a huge silly side. I'll be traveling with my boyfriend, who is also outgoing and silly, BUT also suffers from anxiety (especially if he feels he's being the center of attention). His wardrobe will mostly consist of Disney T-shirts (which I have bought for him) and cargo shorts.

I took all the pictures of the skirts with a black t-shirt because I didn't feel like changing the dress form for every one! Most of the dresses aren't 100% finished yet (I still have alot of sewing to get done in the next 7 weeks to pull this off), and my dress dummy is not quite the right size. The skirts come down to about my knees, and the dresses to about mid-calf.

Here's what I have so far...what do you think? Should I continue to go with it, or go back to my old standard t-shirts and shorts?

[GALLERY=]

[/GALLERY]

Your dresses and skirts look great to me. I think you will fit right in, as your tasteful outfits are very subtle and stylish. Make sure to get some Minnie Ears to go along with your cute outfits.

Your dresses are amazing and will be perfect for Disney! Plus you don't want to wear t-shirt and shorts when it's that hot. I think dresses are the way to go when at WDW in the hotter months :-) You will totally rock them!

Thank you for your opinions - I'm glad you think they're okay! I needed a bit of a boost and you have given it to me.

Super cute! I hate shorts and wear dresses and skirts 90% of the time in hot weather - even at Disney.

I wish I could sew!

And for the record, I don't think any of your dresses look "too young" especially since 35 IS young. (I say as someone turning 35).

Those are gorgeous!! They're stylish and have a whimsical flair without being impractical for park travel. I hope you take lots of photos rocking that wardrobe!

You are one talented lady! I used to be a firm shorts/shirts gal in the parks, but branched out after traveling with friends a few years ago. Dresses are super comfortable and cool to wear in the parks. Maxi dresses are my go-to choice, but if I had your talent, I'd craft up some dresses! I usually wear a pair of bike shorts under mine just so I can not worry about climbing in/out of the logs on Splash Mountain. :rolleyes1 Get yourself some comfortable shoes, some rockin' sunglasses and have an amazing trip!

Great outfits! I don't sew, but wish I could find some dresses like that to wear in the parks. I'm going in November & have been searching for "park friendly", Disney-bounding type dresses for months! (And will continue to search up until the day before I leave!)

The dresses look awesome! You will look great. I have specific clothes (and purses) I only carry at Disney because at home I would feel out of place at home but never at Disney.

Wow, well done! I like them. I wear a lot of dresses and skirts, so I'm not a t shirt and shorts person.

Thanks, again, everyone - that was the boost I needed to be confident with these! You're all amazing!

Also wanted to chime in. I love your fashion sense. All the looks (even with the same pattern) look fresh and flirty in that whimsical, happy way. The prints are just spectacular, and I can see that you'll have so many outfits to choose for each park day. Maybe a quick change to a different skirt for a different park! Lastly, kudos to you for making all of those prints look flattering. As much as you've solicited our opinion, I think your opinion on fashion would be quite valuable to others. Clearly you have a good eye! Brava!

I think your dresses look awesome! Im 31 and I would totally wear something like that and do not think it looks too young.
I also have social anxiety and hate being the center of attention. Disney is great bc I feel like so many people being around keeps me from being noticed and most families are minding their own business enjoying themselves and their time with their family.

Ah! Dorable! Run with it!

I don't know if you're prone to chub rub in skirts like I am (I'm 32 and also short and plus), but if so-- there are some very cute little "bloomer" like shorts/slips on Amazon you can get cheaply that can protect your legs without ruining the look (I like the ones with lace on the bottom and wear them with skirts or shorts so if they poke out at all they look intentional).

Bodyglide also works wonders. :)

</possibly unnecessary advice!>

Your outfits are the bees knees! You will fit right in at Disney with your stylish and unique skirts and dresses. I would like to suggest wearing something underneath so that you do not have to worry about sitting and dismounting rides while enjoying your time at Disney. All thats left to do is pick out your accessories and you'll be golden.

Have a great time on your Disney vacation pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter