Opinions on my Park Schedule Please!

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
Staying at POR Aug 5 - 19; myself, DW, DD16, DS8, DS5.

We don't like to park hop, and tend to avoid EMH. Little ones can't stay up for the pm ones, and we'd rather sleep in a bit and have the lower crowds than get up for the am ones.

Because of F! and Star Wars fireworks/light show, we scheduled 2 days in HS (assuming Star Wars show continues in Aug).
Because of Avatar and RoL (wishful thinking?) we scheduled 2 days in AK
Because of tiered FP, we scheduled 2 days in EP
That leaves 4 days for MK.
This breakdown also allows us to take HS and AK slowly, and see all the animals at AK, and all shows at HS. Also should give us time for Agent P and truly exploring WS at EP.

I scheduled things trying to follow crowd calendars best I could, and also not having early morning following a night time show. Also, used water park/DQ days as "relaxing" days distributed throughout trip.

Anyone have suggested changes/improvements? I'm wondering, also, if I should move AK from day after arrival to later in the week, in case FP for Avatar are already gone by then (if it is open). I am going to AK again on 8th day after arrival, and it seems I should be ok then. But, maybe they will impose a 1 Avatar FP per day limit? If they did this, I'd want an Avatar FP for each AK day, suggesting I not schedule AK close to arrival day.

I'm probably way over thinking this. But, here's what I have. Times are my planned arrival and departure times from the park, not park hours. Shows listed are the ones I plan to attending.

Please leave feedback! Thanks. pixiedust:

Sun, Aug 06
AK
10:00- 9pm
RoL

Mon, Aug 07
HS
10:00 - 9:30 pm
F!

Tue, Aug 08
MK
10:00 - 9:30 pm
Wishes

Wed, Aug 09
TL/BB

Thu, Aug 10
MK
7:30 - 7 pm
BOG PPO ADR

Fri, Aug 11
EP
7:30 - 7 pm
Garden Grill PPO ADR

Sat, Aug 12
laundry/Disney Quest

Sun, Aug 13
AK
9:00 - 7 pm

Mon, Aug 14
HS
7:30 - 9:30 pm
H&V PPO ADR
Jedi Training
Star Wars fireworks/lightshow

Tue, Aug 15
MK
10:00 - 9:30pm
Wishes

Wed, Aug 16
TL/BB

Thu, Aug 17
MK
8:00-7pm
New welcome show

Fri, Aug 18
EP
9:00-9:30pm
Illuminations

Sat, Aug 19
TL/BB/Disney Quest

You have it covered. You have way more time then most for the parks.

LOL your first 6 days follow exactly the same parks that we have, including the break on Wednesday for Water Parks.

So take some consolation in this, whilst I, my wife and three children are leaving Saturday afternoon you will be doing your mid-vacation laundry. You will have it all very well covered.

with 13 days there and 10 park days you will be fine with what ever, even if you do not park hop you can go back to your hotel for a rest swim what ever and then go back to the same park latter that day.

LOL your first 6 days follow exactly the same parks that we have, including the break on Wednesday for Water Parks.

So take some consolation in this, whilst I, my wife and three children are leaving Saturday afternoon you will be doing your mid-vacation laundry. You will have it all very well covered.

Should we compare adr plans also?

Thanks all. We are former regulars who haven't been since 2013, and probably won't be back until at least 2020, for various reasons. Hence the extended trip.

While DD16 will always love disney, I fear DS8 will lose interest in disney world by the time we can go again, so I'm obsessed and paranoid about planning this trip. I don't want to miss any potential issues that could be anticipated.

While DD16 will always love disney, I fear DS8 will lose interest in disney world by the time we can go again, so I'm obsessed and paranoid about planning this trip. I don't want to miss any potential issues that could be anticipated.

one thing I have learned about going to Disney a few times a year is that thing will and do go wrong on a trip it is how you react to it that make the difference I would have a plan on what park you go to your ADR and your 3 FP for each day but when you try to over plan and things do not work out then this is when things get bad. I hope you have a great time and it sound like you have a great plan with time to relax in to it so this is good. but just remember when something dose not go right you are at Disney and any day at Disney is better then any day out of Disney

one thing I have learned about going to Disney a few times a year is that thing will and do go wrong on a trip it is how you react to it that make the difference I would have a plan on what park you go to your ADR and your 3 FP for each day but when you try to over plan and things do not work out then this is when things get bad. I hope you have a great time and it sound like you have a great plan with time to relax in to it so this is good. but just remember when something dose not go right you are at Disney and any day at Disney is better then any day out of Disney

Thank you. I appreciate the advice and comments. I know there will be things that don't go according to plan, and I'm ok with that. While I want to try and anticipate as much as possible, I see what your mean between that and finding the balance with going with the flow.

I think it looks like a good plan. The only thing I will say is that most likely around mid July, Disney may extend hours at the parks and change the timing of some of the nighttime entertainment. I don't know if that will affect you much but I know you said the little ones can't stay up too late (I know you were talking EMH at that point but just figuring it may be pertinent here). Are you planning any midday breaks for the longer days?

I think it looks like a good plan. The only thing I will say is that most likely around mid July, Disney may extend hours at the parks and change the timing of some of the nighttime entertainment. I don't know if that will affect you much but I know you said the little ones can't stay up too late (I know you were talking EMH at that point but just figuring it may be pertinent here). Are you planning any midday breaks for the longer days?

Not planning on breaks, but not ruling it out if it seems like it's needed. Our boys tend not to rest when we've tried taking afternoon breaks at hotels for long days on other trips, and it doesn't extend their durability. Our plan is to use long lunch breaks (often TS) followed by a show, which I think, effectively results in 2 hours, or more, of down time (without the hassle of transportation).

Not planning on breaks, but not ruling it out if it seems like it's needed. Our boys tend not to rest when we've tried taking afternoon breaks at hotels for long days on other trips, and it doesn't extend their durability. Our plan is to use long lunch breaks (often TS) followed by a show, which I think, effectively results in 2 hours, or more, of down time (without the hassle of transportation).
Sounds good. My 5 year old doesn't rest much but he likes the pool during our "break" times. Just an idea...though the TS would work as well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!