Opinions on Bongos?

We've eaten at Bongos a few times and really like it. My kids (now 12 and 14) love it. There is an appetizer (sorry, I don't recall what it is called) that is like fried balls of mashed potatoes, with beef in the center - we HAVE to get those every time we eat there!

@Shannon G - Papas Rellenas ("stuffed potatoes") :thumbsup2

Indeed Papas rellenos, Or Rellenos de Papa. We also enjoy Rellenos de platanos(not sure if they have them there) but instead of the mashed
fried potato, they use plantains.....YummmmDelish:teeth:

We have been there a few times. I keel giving it a try but I just never find the food that good. Drinks are great. Prefer The Boathouse or Raglan Road.

Wonder how long ago that was. It's possible the manager then was so bad it's all been turned over. I get why you wouldn't try it again, after that we wouldn't either (service is very important to us) but it was totally different, at least with the manger, when we went. He was probably more attentive to the guests than the service staff. Making a point to chat with all the tables. If they'd had a bad one the newer one could work to be very different

This past May. So, less than a year.

We went there last year food and service was great. We sat outside by the band and the entertainment and singers were awesome. Outside seating there is great.

We tried it once, and it was terrible, service and food, if you want to have to scream at your family to talk than I would go here... if not skip it. This is the only restaurant that we have never given and second try. Normally we will give a place a couple of tries, But I really can't see us ever trying again.

With your party size and makeup I would go for T-REX, Rainforest, or Planet Hollywood if its open, this way everyone can enjoy it, the theming will give the kiddos something to look at and enjoy while maybe the adult enjoy a second adult beverage. Also Morimotos, and the new Mexican restaurant Frontera Grill.

We tried it once, and it was terrible, service and food, if you want to have to scream at your family to talk than I would go here... if not skip it. This is the only restaurant that we have never given and second try. Normally we will give a place a couple of tries, But I really can't see us ever trying again.

With your party size and makeup I would go for T-REX, Rainforest, or Planet Hollywood if its open, this way everyone can enjoy it, the theming will give the kiddos something to look at and enjoy while maybe the adult enjoy a second adult beverage. Also Morimotos, and the new Mexican restaurant Frontera Grill.

Wow. Really? Louder than T-Rex???

T-Rex is the loudest place I have ever been to eat! And I work in a school and have done cafeteria time!!

I will add the my earlier review that service for us was slightly on the slower side (lunch in a quiet restaurant). Our server also had some trouble figuring out how to handle our deluxe dining credits. That said, all were pleasant and we had no complaints.

Been there three times. Food has always been good, but if the band is playing, it can be LOUD. The kiddos might not enjoy that.

Last edited:

T-Rex is the loudest place I have ever been to eat! And I work in a school and have done cafeteria time!!

Thanks for doing your cafeteria time, anyone who works with kiddos deserve a pat on the back and a huge thank you.

For our experience it was unbearable..........The band was so loud and not all that good, then all the people singing and yelling over each other was just to much, I like to have a fun time right along with most people, but when you can not hear the server at all and she has to lean over the table and try's to scream in your ear... I would call this to loud. This might be why our complete order was wrong, and we spent 2 1/2 hours in there, the food was lousy and the service was horrible, the staffs spent most of its time watching the band and dancing around with each other. While I will agree that it could have been just a off night, but for us it was just to much...

I do agree that T-Rex is loud, as well as most of the restaurants at WDW.

Everyone has their experience and bases their review off of that experience. That why this is such a great thing, everyone opinion counts.

We have been there a few times. I keel giving it a try but I just never find the food that good. Drinks are great. Prefer The Boathouse or Raglan Road.

LoL, Thats funny you say that...Those are totally different restaurants, and totally different food..

LoL, this isn't true?
Unless of course you're seated immediately next to the band.... In which case, a simple request to have your table moved, would've been suffice.

We've eaten downstairs twice upstairs twice & outside twice....Each was a unique & different experience...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter