Opinions on Akershus?

xomagicofdisneyox

"Magic is everywhere if you know where to look"
My 21 year old sister and I (18) are thinking about having breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Epcot. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that.
^
. was the food any good?
. what type of princesses where there?
. good/bad experiences?

Any other breakfast suggestions?!

My 21 year old sister and I (18) are thinking about having breakfast at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Epcot. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that.
^
. was the food any good?
. what type of princesses where there?
. good/bad experiences?

Any other breakfast suggestions?!

We just ate here. The princesses were great. Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Ariel when we were there. Maybe another, I'm not sure. But they were some of the best we've experienced.

Unfortunately, the food was a bit boring for us. We have eaten at Chef Mickey's and Tusker House and Boma and the Royal Table for breakfast. I make quite a delicious breakfast myself so perhaps we have high expectations. But this was pastries; fruit; and fish at the breakfast bar. And then they bring out family style scrambled eggs, potatoes, and a TON of bacon. I'm not saying we didn't enjoy the food, it just wouldn't be our first choice based on food as I make equal or better potatoes and eggs at home. And none of us are fish for breakfast people.

For a princess experience, this is great. If you don't care which characters you see and you do want unique and a variety of food I would choose Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, or Tusker House over this.

We saw Belle, Ariel, Aurora and Snow White.

We had a late lunch there last December. My hubby thought the meal was great, I thought it was okay - but I am a picky eater. Yes I admit it! :)

We had a late lunch there before. The princesses are great, they each kissed my 2 year old son so we walked out of there with lipstick all over his face. It actually made for a great picture. The food however, yuck! The pasta with chx was gross and the cheese buffet was not fresh. We too have eaten and CRT, CM and TH and I think the food everywhere else is so much better. HOWEVER, if you're looking for a princess meet and greet and you can't get into CRT or 1900PF then I would eat here again compared to not seeing the princesses at all if that's important to you.

It used to be a good restaurant with a very large varied buffet.

Now it has Princesses and the food has been dumbed down and the variety has dropped.

We ate dinner there last June and thought it was one of our better meals during that trip. We also ate at Chef Mickeys, Ohanas, Tusker House, Cape Mae Cafe, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Crystal Palace last June. My recommendation is try it for dinner. It was an awesome character experience and the food was outstanding. DH had the traditional Kjottkake (Norwegian meatballs), and I had their baked salmon which was the best salmon I have had in a long time (or since).

Here are the Princess who came to our table:

1. Cinderella
2. Aurora
3. Ariel. We hear sometimes they alternate between Ariel and Jasmine at this character meal.
4. Snow White

We had our picture taken with Belle upon entering the restaurant.

I'd say try it once and see how you like it.

We had breakfast there a couple of months ago, and it was great! The food is nothing fancy--scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes, but they are very tasty. Plus there is a small buffet area with fresh fruit and pastries.Yum!

My 9yr old niece had a great time with all of the Princesses. Upon seeing that myy niece had on 2 pin lanyards full of pins Snow White asked her if she had dwarves and a mine too. All of the Princesses spent a little time chatting with the girls, and us big girls too.:)

Btw, we were lucky enough to see Cinderella along with Jasmine, Snow White, Arielle, and Aurora.princess:

Ah, Akershus. I was suggested there after try to reserve Cinderella's Royal Table. This lunch engagement was strickly for the little sister and daughter to enjoy; hence the princesses. It was ok. The princesses were great. The food was good in my opinion, probably not to others though. I eat anything and everything :thumbsup2. But then again, you're paying for traditional Norweigan cuisine right?

Overall its a good experience, just dont go for the food alone.

Hi

We went for breakfast in Sept. with our 8 year old daughter. We thought the food was good. It is pretty much the same as all over. I did like the buffet with the pastries.

The princess interaction is good and we had great service. We were on the dining plan and it was only one table service.

My daughter and I enjoyed meeting the princesses together.:)

We were there 11/18 and loved it! I have pics of it in my trip report in the link below. There was Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. Each come to your table and you take your picture with a princess when you come in and get a complimentary picture delivered to your table. The pics in my signature below are from Akershus.

We had the one QS and one TS meal plan and we used on credit for this breakfast. There is a buffet with locs and salmon, a continental breakfast, fruit etc... and then they bring your breakfast to you family style with bacon, eggs, sausage, and awesome potatoes with sour cream in them.

We had dinner there in September (review in my signature) and it was some of the best food we had. Not a lot of variety in any Disney restaurant nowadays, pretty much, but Akershus had more unusual items than anywhere else we ate, and everything was top quality.

From what I've heard it's not the best breakfast on property (okay but nothing great), but if you're afraid of strange food then breakfast is a better bet than the other meals.

Going slightly off topic, but what exactly has Norway got to do with Disney princesses? There's a Little Mermaid statue in the harbour at Copenhagen but that's Denmark and wasn't Hans Christensen Andersen Danish as well? The Grimm Brothers wrote say Snow White (not quite the movie version) and they were German.

I'll be there having breakfast on the 7th Jan :)
Do hope Cinderella is there as her and Ariel are the two princesses I most want a picture with ;)

Thanks for all the replies :)

It sounds as if the food aspect for their breakfast menu was just allright Nothing special yet still satisfying which I'm okay with because i eat most anything. What im really looking for is a nice princess/character experience and it sounds as if Akershus is a great place for just this. I realize my sister and I are both older (18 and 21) yet we love the characters (especially the princesses) and feel Disney is for all ages, young and old. I think were going to give it a try! I'm really hoping Ariel will be there since we've never seen her in her land dress and hopefully Jasman too simply because she's our favorite!

We have had breakast here every trip. It is an absolutely must. Our last trip was Belle (for the photo), Jasmine, Aurora and Mulan. Snow White was suppose to be there too, we were told, but had to say home with a sick dwarf - Doopey I think it was. The princesses always take a lot of time with the kids and with us. We have never felt rushed - but then we are quick eaters.

The food is good. It is not top of the line outstanding by any means, but better than some of the other character breakfasts. It is all you can eat, so no one leaves hungry. And if you don't like what they bring, they will bring out a stack of pancakes. (We had to do this one year when DS refused to eat the eggs.) The server noticed he wasn't eating and asked if he could get him some yummy pancakes! My DS ate every single one that he brought out!

We've been for lunch 2 years in a row & both times left with kind of an "eh" feeling. The food was fine, nothing exceptional but good. But both times our princess interation felt really rushed. Last year we were at a table right next to the lobby which I think (in addition to the lousy weather -- we were all soaked to the bone) increased the feeling that we were sort of being pushed through our meal. This year it was raining AGAIN but it wasn't the same madness at arrival, and our location was better as far as being in the restaurant ... however, we were the VERY first table the princesses came to, and I think that made their interaction with us very short (we had the same experience last year at 1900 PF).

All that said, this year we got to see Ariel "with feet" and the girls were very excited about that. Last year it was Jasmine, along with Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora, as well as Belle by the entrance for pictures.

I enjoyed our CRT lunch a lot more this year than Akershus, but if you can't get a reservation or don't want to spend the 2 TS credits (our bill at Akershus was only $20 less I think, but we had to pay tip which was included at CRT, and both give you the photo package) ... it's a good princess alternative for sure!!

DH and I have enjoyed Breakfast at Askerhus, it is one of our favorite breakfast spots. We loved the unique selections on the cold bar and the hot/family style dishes were excellent as well. We thought the princess interaction was great, they all stayed 'in charector' and DH loved it when Mulan challennged him to a fight but then 'made fun of him' b/c he didn't have his sword. This is one of the better charector interactions we have had on property. The last time we went we had Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White.

Like it, would go back, didn't love it.

Breakfast as before stated has nice buffet, suits dd nicely due to large variety of fruit and meats. DS loves pastries and there is a good choice here. coffee is good, and the potato casserole is awesome.

Dinner starter is similar to breakfast buffet without the pastries and addition of fish/asparagus/pickles. Main course fine, not wonderful but not awful either and good dessert selection.

BUT like many WDW restaurants you don't go for the food you go for the princesses. First time we went was in 2007 for dinner, saw Sleeping Beauty for photo then Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, jasmine and Snow White.

Feb 2009 breakfast (went on the hunt for Mulan!!!) saw Belle for photo, Snow White, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Mulan,

October 2009 dinner (Ariel hunting this time!) Saw Belle for photo, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel.

Will we go in October next year? If DD is still into her princesses then absolutely yes. If she is over that stage then we won't bother as there are better eating places but few better character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter