Only 2 days?!? - A Feb. 2017 PTR - Need Snack Credit IDEAS

Hello! Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

I have a small quiet window this morning before the holiday madness begins!

We've done both mini-golf courses, Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens. I'd suggest Winter Summerland as I think it's a bit easier and I love the theming, although Fantasia has cool elements, also. However the whole getting there/busing situation has changed and now I'm not sure how easy it is to get to W-S? Whereas you can basically walk to Fantasia from any of the Epcot resorts. I think mini golf on arrival day is a good idea though :)

Thanks! We will have a car that day still. We will have the rental from being down in Sebring. My sister and boyfriend will be taking it back to the airport later that evening when they fly out. So, we will at least be able to drive and park at either mini-golf locations. There seems to be very little about both mini-golf courses!

Hello!

Happy New Year! to anyone who is still following my pre-trip report.

I have to admit, this has been hard! I want to book restaurants and stuff but there just isn't anything to plan!

I did decided to try and book a late breakfast/early lunch on our departure day. We fly out at 3:15 on Wednesday, so we won't be doing a park that day. We figured we would go for a swim and relax. I was able to get a reservation at Cape May Cafe for 10:35. I have wanted to check out Beach Club (I secretly want to stay there for my 40th un-official trip) and @ariane37 kind of inspired me to just see if anything was available. I think it will be a nice way to end a very short trip. My husband kind of just looked at me blankly... What do you guys think?

I have been toying with a restaurant reservation for Tuesday, our magic Kingdom day. I think my mom will need a nice block of rest time, but I really don't like any of the sit down restaurants in Magic Kingdom. Other than Skipper Canteen and they changed my steak meal that I looooooved when we went before. :( I was going to try for The Plaza but they sent back to regular reservations and there doesn't seem to be anything.

As of now I could get Skipper Canteen at 2:15, I might book it just in case and decide later....

I have one last thing to "admit", divulge, etc....

In the back of my mind, I have been secretly trying to figure out a good reason why we would need to get an annual pass and squeeze in an extra trip. I turn 40 this year! And we have been talking about going to Disney for our full week visit in December to get the full holiday feel. But it seems so far away! The problem is my ACTUAL birthday is in July and I just don't have any real desire to go in the heat and crowds... I will keep secretly plotting, for now...

I hope everyone has a great first day of the new year! My girls stayed up last night and are going to be CRABBY today!

I love the idea of doing CMC breakfast on check out day!! We've done that a couple times,if we're not going to a park on our departure day we'll do a nice breakfast somewhere or early lunch. Then the night before when you leave a park it won't seem as much like the end of the trip :thumbsup2
As for a TS on your MK day, if you definitely think your mom would want the rest, I'd book something. You can always cancel. Is there anything else on the Skippers menu that sounds good, even an app or two? Steve and I went there once for lunch, I got 2 appetizers and really 1 would have filled me up enough. I get you though the TS restaurants there don't thrill me, either, although we absolutely love BOG dinner but,that's dinner. I think my 2nd choice is Skippers..........
Turning 40 is the PERFECT reason to get an AP and go for a week ::yes:: I went for my 40th, and I plan to be there for Disney's 50th which is also the year I turn 50. Dec. would be nice to see the decor :santa: but the summer isn't as bad as you may think. I never thought we'd be summer people because I despise the heat and despise sweating even more, but when Ricky went into Jr. High I figured we had to try it since taking him out for long vacations was done. We've gone the last 3 Augusts and yeah, it's hot! Melt your makeup off hot lol! But you work with it and we're planning to go again this Aug, too!

Thanks @ariane37 - I booked a 2:15 reservation for Skipper Canteen. I am going to keep an eye out for The Plaza to have an opening.

So, my next quest has been to find "Tinkerbell Gifts" I asked my oldest she thought that Tinkerbell would leave gifts like she has in the past even though it is such a small visit. And of course she said yes. Thankfully, I only need 2 days worth!

I am thinking that I will order the passports for Epcot off of the Disney Shop App. Leave those out for the EPCOT day. The girls haven't done that yet, and I know they would love it. I "SHOULD" revise there Scavenger Hunt books that we made and just reprint those but I am 30 days out. Not sure that will happen!

And then for our second park day, I wanted to do some sort of coordinating shirts. I personally am more of a coordinating rather than completely match match. I have been scoring Disney Store, Target, Kohls, & Amazon for shirt options for everyone. This is what I have come up with so far.

The Pink Long Sleeve Shirt would be for me.
The Gray T-Shirt next to it would be for my DH
The Dark T-Shirt would be for Morgan. (I really like my shirt with Morgan's)
Then the White Background T-shirt would be for my mother
And then the Pink short Sleeve Shirt would be for my youngest.
Slide1.jpg

I like the combo and had to use Target, Amazon & Disney store to get all of these. But for whatever reason, Gwen's shirt is kind of pricey...

I might look today for a black and red theme or just order these...

So, many important decisions! :)

So, here is my second set of options... My husband likes this set better.

The Minnie long sleeve for me.
The Mickey long sleeve for Andy
The dark Black Tee for Gwen (it has sparkly bow for Miss Fancy)
The Big Bow Tee for Morgan
And then the 1928 Bow for my mother.
Shirt Options 2.jpg

I think he thinks his shirt works better with everyone in this red, white & black combo...

Hmmm..... I like both combos, I can't pick! I actually like the grey shirt for your DH but I do like the red/black/white combo :scratchin why not get both sets ::yes:: I hate picking Disney shirts, I can never decide!!

Hi Everyone! -- ONLY 26 Days till we leave for Florida!

So, I need Snack / Counter Service recommendations!

We have the following reservations but any and/or all might be cancelled.

Sunday:
Disney Springs
Homecoming @ 2:15

Monday:
EPCOT
No Sit down reservations.

Tuesday:
Magic Kingdom
Skipper Canteen @ 2:15

Wednesday:
Resort Day
Minnie's Beach Bash @ 10:35

I have a few things I know I want to have but am totally up for additional recommendations!

Disney Springs:
Maybe Sprinkles Cupcakes. But we have had Sprinkles in NYC so not "dying" to have them.
Maybe Make your own Rice Krispee Treats?
Anything Else?

EPCOT:
Cronut
Ice Cream Macaroon Sandwiches
Chocolate Crossant (for my girls)

Magic Kingdom:
Dole Whip

Caribbean Beach:
Is there anything "specific" for this resort?

Our Magic Bands Arrived yesterday! And we got the new ones!
IMG_7433.JPG

So, I have to say the new packaging that comes with it is a little disappointing... The old box with the Incredibles on it was so nice and cerimonal. That being said, it is still super exciting to get your bands. Makes the trip more real.

I wonder what they will do when you go again, Will they send you just the band and not the circle puck thing?

In other news, I am glad I book the could dinning reservations when I did! I went to try and change the Homecoming reservation just a little later, and there is NOTHING available all afternoon now! I love being able to make most of the reservations ahead of time, but man sometimes, I wish there was more last minute flexiblilty!

Ugh, I thought I commented on your snacks post! In Epcot, Kringla Og bakery in Norway has a bunch of delicious pastries including my favorite, school bread! And of course there's all those wonderful adult beverages there :D
In MK, it's nothing really different but if you go in Big Top Souvenirs they have a treats counter in there with cookies, cupcakes, and other baked goods. We've gotten a few things there and they're always yummy! And don't forget Amorette's in DS, also Earl of Sandwich if you happen to be looking for a good QS there.
So what's on the outside of the box the new bands are coming in, nothing? Just the castle picture inside? If that's the case it is disappointing :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone! (or just @ariane37 )

Today marks 2 weeks till we leave for Florida. Not quiet 2 weeks till Disney but vacation is vacation!

So, many things are running through my head these days. I jump from thing to thing in my head and decide nothing. Plus add in post-holiday get-togethers, and school stuff and I am a mess.

Tinkerbell Gifts:
One of those ideas that I loved the first time we went, back when I thought it was a once in a lifetime trip. Now my 3rd Grader still believes and says that she hopes Tinkerbell leaves gifts even if it IS a short trip. So, I had to find a few items.

Sunday: Arrival Day / Disney Springs
I ordered Ray (from Star Wars) PJ's from Disney Store when they did the after holiday sale. So I got them for $7 a piece!
PJ's has kind of become the thing. They end up wearing them the whole Disney stay. And get used after, as well.
These I will leave out (hopefully) when we head out to go to Disney Springs, so that they will be there when we get back.

Monday: EPCOT Day
I ordered a Hidden Mickey Book off of amazon.
My oldest can read proficiently now and my youngest is almost there, so I thought they would get a kick out of the book.
I will leave the book out Monday Morning for when they wake up, so they can use it both days.

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom Day with my mom
This will be one of the shirt sets from above.
Tinker bell has left lots of shirts, so they should be used to this. I went with the red set, since my DH didn't like his choice on the Pink Set and my shirt and Gwen's were both kind of pricy.

Wednesday: Departure Day / Swimming at the Pool
I don't think they "need" something this day, but I feel like they will expect something. So, I am thinking maybe googles or something that they can use in the pool. I will have to look tonight on amazon.

IMG_7434.JPG

Oh, and here is the outside of the box for the magic bands. It's just white has the mailing info on it. Not secondary packaging. It's a small thing really, and I'm not going to threaten to stop coming. It's just not quite as nice as it was. That's all...

Ok, here is my Snack Hit List:

EPCOT

Grand Marnier Slushie -
Ok, it's not a "snack" snack. but still a must try thing.
Carmel Smores - Really we haven't really discovered the JOY of the Carmel store yet. I intended to try this time!
Kalkogori - I feel like the girls will like these.
Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich - This looks so good to me. I had a Macroon Ice Cream sandwich last time and it was relish. maybe I will just have one of each!
Crepes - This is really for my girls. I think they are just ok. But they love them.
School Bread - I might try this one, but overall we are not coconut lovers. Isn't there coconut all over the top?
Empanadas - I love empanadas! That's all.

Magic Kingdom:
Dole Whip Float
(Might need to have 2 of these since we are only here one day!)
Nutella & Fresh Fruit Waffle - We had this last time and we all loved it. I do want to try the Chicken and Waffle one but I heard that it was small and not quiet as good.
Egg Roll from the Adventureland Cart - Has anyone had these? DH loves Egg Rolls, so this one is more for him.
Main Street Bakery Chocolate Apple - We haven't had one of these yet. I always go for something else once I am in there.
Mickey Ice Cream Bar - Also, never actually had one of these! Don't know how, just haven't. Might need to be a parade snack!
Red Velvet Mickey Cake Pops - I have this on a running list that I have. But I can't remember where these were or if they even still make them anymore.

Hello Everyone! (or just @ariane37 )
Aw :hug: And I will continue to read :goodvibes

So, many things are running through my head these days. I jump from thing to thing in my head and decide nothing.
Same with me! Now I have two trips coming up; 3 days until I can make FP's for the first one and I have no idea what we're going to do or when for either trip. I think of something, forget it, think of something else, say I'm going to sit down and figure out some plans and then I don't :rolleyes:

Oh, and here is the outside of the box for the magic bands. It's just white has the mailing info on it. Not secondary packaging. It's a small thing really, and I'm not going to threaten to stop coming. It's just not quite as nice as it was. That's all...
Definitely not as nice :sad2: The Incredibles on the old box made it so exciting to open it and find out what was inside!

School Bread - I might try this one, but overall we are not coconut lovers. Isn't there coconut all over the top?
Yeah......not exactly ALL over it, but if you truly don't like coconut at all it might be ruined for you. It's all over the top, toasted and not toasted. However the sides have no coconut so when you're eating that part combined with the cream inside.....:cloud9:

Empanadas - I love empanadas! That's all.
They are delicious!

Main Street Bakery Chocolate Apple
I keep saying I'll get one of these and I never do. Over Christmas we were at a friends; her mom had ordered chocolate covered apples from someplace online. They had chocolate, caramel, white chocolate, and chocolate chips on them and she cut it into slices. It was soooooo good, made me think again that I need to try one in Disney!

So glad I came to read your report, because I have forgotten about tinkerbell gifts! AAAHHHH. Who knows what else I am forgetting!

So glad I came to read your report, because I have forgotten about tinkerbell gifts! AAAHHHH. Who knows what else I am forgetting!

Welcome!!! :welcome:

And yes, the dreaded/loved Tinerbell Gifts! We got back from our very short trip last week. And the first night that the pjs were left out, my oldest first words were "So, Tinkerbell DOES leave gifts on short trips!" So, I am glad I did it.

So, I am back from our mini-trip and plan on starting a trip report for it soon! I just have to get the photos in order.

But I have other news! Before we left, I kept "trying" to get DH on board with buying Annual Passes. He just wasn't going for it. BUT, one day people, on day! And not even in the parks yet and he agreed to a tentative plan of a September trip, when the girls are off for the Jewish holiday AND a long trip in February! Woo Hoo!!!! We didn't even have to get into a park. Sunday, our Disney Springs day, we got to our hotel room, and he was just so happy to be there. And then we were walking around Disney Springs later, and he was already saying that this wasn't going to be a long enough trip. And then Monday after our EPCOT day, we were at the pool and he was sold on the dual trip plan!

We didn't buy annual passes, I think DH thinks I will want to go every weekend if I have them. And he is probably right. But it might still be worth it to upgrade once we are there in September. We will see. But right now, I am just super excited to be planning another trip!! So, much, so that I just started a new PTR! I added it to my signature, if you want to follow along!

So, I WILL start a trip report soon. But I wanted to share the annual Rapunzel Bathroom picture that we take. The first year we went, the girls were ALL into Princesses. We had just had dinner in Cinderella's Castle and were headed over to ride Magic Carpets for the little one who loooooved Jasmine at the time. We stopped at the Rapunzel bathroom, (for obvious reasons) And Morgan realized that she was DRESSED like Rapunzel and there was music playing. They just danced and danced and danced. It is seriously one of my favorite memories of all the trips so far. It's the moments that you can't plan that tend to end up being the best.

Anyway, DH took the first photo of the ladies in front of the HooHand Poster. (which I think had literally just been hung up the week before). Then on our second trip Morgan actually was the one who suggested they pose the same way! And a tradition was born! I just hope I can get them to pose when they are in high school and all grown.

Unknown.jpeg

We joke that Morgan is now (1) Hookhand Tall now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter