Online Reservation Issues

Josh B

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

New here - thanks for all the great information.

I am trying to book a room in the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for May 10-13, 2017. There seem to be issues with availabilities, and they change with each search I do on the website. But when I eventually get through to the payment page, it seems the online reservation system will not accept any of my US-issued credit cards. Is this just the way the system works? Is there a phone number I can call to make my reservations? One that's not a Japanese number?

Thanks for the help!

Oh wow, first they say no Visa, then further down they say no MasterCard. Why not just put it all at the top? It's clear as mud. It's like they really don't want foreigners to make reservations.

You may have to call at 4 months out with no deposit (last post of other thread). There is only the Japanese number, but there are CMs who speak English. The Disney hotels also show up on japanican.com, but not as far out (maybe 3-4 months?). Availability wise, I think your Wednesday and Thursday nights should be okay, the Friday night may be a problem.

Sorry I don't have better advice for you. I made reservations earlier this year before all the changes. Good luck!

I tried Visa (which I see a note about now on the Tokyo Disneyland website), MasterCard (which according to the website they only accept Japan-issued MasterCard - see link: https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/help/hotel_02#payment), and American Express which just didn't work at all and is not addressed at all on the website.

If that is true then its another sudden change without warning... we JUST made our reservation on 12/5 using a mastercard that we had hurriedly applied for when I was locked out of using our Visa & Diner's Club cards. :headache: We did have to call the bank and let them know we were purchasing something in Japan - it failed until they unlocked us to do it.

If it still doesn't work and you are able and can afford to call the reservations line I might just to verify this is as intended. I was told at 4 months out you can call and make a reservation without putting down a deposit.

Last edited:
Eek let me know how you get on! I was going to get a MasterCard specifically to book our hotels but I won't if I have to call up anyway

Does anybody know if they accept Discover card? This is getting pretty strange... essentially making it impossible for people without Japan-issued credit cards to make reservations online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter