Online checkin

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
i know there have been several discussions about online checkin, but I didn't see an answer to my question. If it has been answered, I apologize for the repeat. I have never done online checkin. As previous posters have said, requests are just that, not guaranteed. We have been members since 93 and sometimes we get our requests, but most times not. It's always worked out. I request 1st floor and then numerous buildings we like, which is quite a few. I never request a specific villa or studio. My question is, if we do online checkin and request the exact same thing, 1st floor and the numerous buildings, even if it canceled the original requests made at time of booking, it would still have the requests (which would be the same), does that mean there's a better chance of getting them. I ask that because someone mentioned that even though the requests are made through MS, the rooms are assigned through the resort. I knew this and always assumed they looked at the requests, but some seem to question whether they even look at the requests.
Thank you.

I don't think you can request any specific buildings on line. We just came back from OKW (Is that where you're staying?) and when we did on-line check in, we just skipped over the requests so the ones we'd made stayed in the system.

Online check in is a cash reservation tool that DVC latched on to. It is designed to move guests and have them skip the front desk which saves Disney money. The requests are pre-defined check boxes that don't always match DVC resorts.

Issues with MS requests can be caused when the MS CM doesn't actually record your request, when the request isn't passed on to the resort for some reason, or if your luck and room timing don't match available inventory.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts