Online check in & touring plans room request

maranara

Mouseketeer
We leave for Disney in 9 (!) days and I just got an email from Disney that I can/should check in online. I've got my room request through Touring Plans all ready to go...if I do online check in, should I skip any room requests? Or should I make the same basic ones that I've made through touring plans? (ie, lower floor, close to pool) We're staying at AKL if that makes a difference...I'm so new to this...I don't want to make a mistake! :) THANKS!

Won't hurt to make them on line, especially if they are the same ones. Frankly, I never make anything but very broad requests, just the things you can make on line and then I tell them arriving early is more important than everything else. I've always gotten everything I've requested except the arriving early, go figure.

Thank you! I will do both - I was just scared that somehow I would request a lower floor on both and the two requests would cancel each other out. :)

I also do both, provided I have very general requests, like near elevator or lower floor.
Just don't select a room on a higher floor on TP and then select lower floor on the online check in.
As long as the requests are the same, it's good.

As long as the requests don't cancel each other out, no reason not to make it.

For my upcoming AoA stay in a LM room, I've verbally requested 4th floor lake view. For my TP fax set-up, I have "Priority 1 - 4th floor; Priority 2 - Lake View; Priority 3 - Corner room" which matches the room number I selected for the request.

When I get to online check-in time, I'll go ahead and check in - but if the requests cancel out what I've already said, I'll leave that part blank.

Len recommends not adding separate requests during online check-in, even if you intend them to be the same. Apparently early on there were a couple cases where the wording wasn't identical, the room assigners were unsure, and the whole request got ignored.

I've never checked in online, do you manually enter requests or do you select from options based on your resort?

I've never checked in online, do you manually enter requests or do you select from options based on your resort?

When I did online check in for our November trip, there was no place for comments. I was able to select from options such as high floor, low floor, near elevator.

When I did online check in for our November trip, there was no place for comments. I was able to select from options such as high floor, low floor, near elevator.

That's what I found when I looked at the online checkin last week so I just left it and didn't complete the checkin. Our TA has already put in requests for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter