One Year to Save!!

I've been hitting my rewards sites as much as possible and have bumped my quickrewards up to over $25. I've also re-activated my Inbox dollars account. I need $30 to cash out for $27 if I remember correctly. My parents just used one of my referral cards from Disney Visa, so they'll be getting a $200 gift card and I'll be getting $50 added to my Rewards dollars soon. I need to find other people who want a Disney Visa with the $200 gc so I can earn more, too. LOL If it ever gets warmer, I have a bunch of bottles to return to the store, too.

$160.00 - rolled change and bottle returns
$ 17.03 - leftover Disney Gift Card
$ 80.91 - Disney Rewards Dollars
$ 25.42 - Quick Rewards
$ 8.10 - Inbox Dollars
4900 points- MyPoints (a $25 dollar gift card worth)
$ 500.00 - Vacation fund @ credit union

So around $816 toward my next vacation. I'm hoping for a salary refund still which would give me another $2000 or so to put toward my vacation.

I'm in. My class reunion is July 2015 in Vegas and I would really like to go. This has to be "found" money since we have 2 college tuitions. So far I have $42 in a change bucket, another 2.69 in a change jar and $6 in savingstar and 4 in unpromise rebates. I think I will need a minimum. Of. $800

Added $6.43 to my fund because I...

earned $0.05 from isay...

earned $0.45 from quickrewards...

earned $0.93 in credit card rewards...

and added $5 to the change jar.

So the new totals now are:

$42.80 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$50.05 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$40.55 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$3.04 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$90.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $257.79!!!

We're saving for our end of Nov/Dec trip. We're not tracking every cent, but will give an account. We recently bought a car, so we're recovering from that, but hope to start hitting Disney Savings hard.

Things we're doing now.
The 52 Week challenge sounds like fun as well.

Signed up for Chase Freedom Card (Will funnel all charges through this for rewards) = $100 bonus

Current Savings = $100

Aw heck, I'm in, even though most of our savings is going to the downpayment on a house/townhome we want to buy this year. But I will scrape out little bits here and there. :lmao:

I have 23 months to save up for our Dec 2015 trip. I'm figuring we'll need about $3800 including everything. Airfare, spending money, food, tickets and moderate resort.

So far, I have:

$25 in my paypal account from my etsy shop
$125 cash from Christmas and birthday $$
$15 rebate

Total: $165!

Woo hoo! Awesome thread!

This is so AWESOME!!! When I am shopping, I constantly decide NOT to get unnecessary purchases because I am trying to pad this Disney fund as much as possible! It's great!!

Added $11.93 to my fund because I...

earned $0.97 from quickrewards...

earned $0.40 in credit card rewards...

earned $0.56 in credit card rewards...

and added $10 to the account.

So the new totals now are:

$51.02 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$40.95 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$3.60 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$100.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $269.72!!!

I'm hoping that I can make it to $275 tomorrow but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!

Added $1.60 to my fund because I...

earned $1.17 from quickrewards...

earned $0.15 in credit card rewards...

earned $0.28 in credit card rewards...

So the January totals are:

$52.19 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$41.10 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$3.88 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$100.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $271.32!!!

Just shy of $275 but I am thrilled with my progress so far this month!! ::yes::

Got paid this week and moved two weeks of $ for 52 week challenge to Rundisney acct in Ing. It's been going good so far but I have a feeling Feb. won't go quite as well. I decided not to pick up any extra shifts this month due to it constantly snowing on every shift I shouldn't have been working. DD has had a delay or cancellation almost every extra shift I have had in the last two months. It is pretty frowned upon to show up late or not at all since I work at a hospital so I am just sticking to my regular 3 shifts a week for Feb.

Anyway...

Total for Jan. 31
Isay surverys- 13.10
Rundisney @ Ing- 230
Swagbucks- 6.05
Sunshine Rewards- 10.63
Disney Rewards- 9.12
Gift Cards -73.02

Total 341.92 Not bad for month #1

We had our xmas get together with DH's brother and family yesterday (always get together about a month after xmas once the Dec. craziness fades) Dsil asked us if we would be interested in a big family trip for Thanksgiving 2015. With my work schedule I think we could only get down there Wed- Sun but I'm really considering it. DH hasn't been on vacation with his dad or brother in probably 20 years and it would probably be the last chance we get as his dad is getting up there in age. Thinking I might have to skip the GF for marathon weekend and move to somewhere cheaper but upgrade to AP's for two trips in a year. Just not sure if I really want to attempt traveling to Disney the day before Thanksgiving or if I really want to spend that much time with the Inlaws. I have a feeling we do Disney very differently.

I'll only be recording my disney savings fund on a monthly basis.

JANUARY 2014

$185.00 left from Christmas Gifts
$40.27 OTB
$1.50 from couponing
$15 52 Week Challenge
$300.00 Gift from Mom from an Inheritance she received
$6.00 in pennies (Canada has stopped using these so I cashed all mine in)
$264.86 saved from monthly grocery and fuel budget (kids have been sick so we haven't been going out anywhere or eating as much)
Total Savings: $813.15 - $160 car repair = $653.15

Rewards Earned
$7.39 from iPoll
$4.36 from Swagbucks
$50.45 from PC Points
I'm not counting these into my savings until they are cashed out.

I know that my savings for the next few months will be no where near this, but it feels good to look at this amount and feel like I'm heading in the right direction.

Added $33.67 to my fund because I...

earned $3.42 from quickrewards...

earned $0.25 in credit card rewards...

and added $30 to my Disney fund.

So the new totals are:

$55.61 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$41.35 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$3.88 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$130.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $304.99!!!

I have sold some of my child's clothing and toys to Once Upon a Child and put the money aside for our upcoming trip.

Added $6.17 to my fund today because I...

earned $0.79 from quickrewards...

earned $0.10 from isay...

and added $5 to my Disney fund.

So the new totals are:

$42.90 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$56.40 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$41.35 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$4.16 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$135.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $311.16!!!

Hoping to reach $500 this month but I should at least pass $400!

Added $6.17 to my fund today because I...

earned $0.79 from quickrewards...

earned $0.10 from isay...

and added $5 to my Disney fund.

So the new totals are:

$42.90 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$56.40 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$4.16 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$135.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $311.16!!!

Hoping to reach $500 this month but I should at least pass $400!

Wow you are doing great. I really need to step it up and do more survey's. I will add up my totals for Jan. tonight so I can post. I wanted to save at least $225 each month.

I am up to $305.93. Not too bad considering it is rewards sites and "found" money.

Not sure if you have it or not, but I also save using the Target cartwheel that can be combined with man coupons, target coupons and target red card discount also. Download on your phone apps.

Joining in, planning on going to run the PHM in 2015 and then spend the week after with my family!

What is Target Cartwheel?

That i put in my cpmputet bag for class last weekend and didnt use. So i put it in my minnie bank. I have to returnsomething to fred myer this weekend when i go back to the big city for class and im going to see if i can get a gift card instead of putting it back on my card. Then ill buy a disney card. Anyone ever done that. I thought it was worth a try.

Added $2.83 to my fund today because I...

earned $0.40 from quickrewards...

earned $1.65 from isay...

earned $0.44 in credit card rewards...

earned $0.34 in credit card rewards...

So the new totals are:

$44.55 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$56.80 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$41.79 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$4.50 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$30.30 in the change jar
$135.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $313.99!!!

I mentioned before that I was going to try and cut my grocery spending back to $100 a week so that I can put $25 a week into the Disney account. $50 covers the perishable items each week (eggs, dairy, produce) which leaves $50 for me to use on sale items to stock my pantry and freezer. This past weekend was the first time I did it. If $100 is not enough for groceries (or not CONSISTENTLY enough) then I will adjust accordingly. Last week, it worked fine. This week is poised to do the same. It's almost like a challenge to eat for $100 a week and man, did I feel like superwoman last week when I pulled it off! Can't wait for Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter