One-Way Mears?

This doesn't answer your question. But, I've heard nothing but negative things about the Mears shuttle. From what I understand you end up stopping at many resorts along with yours. I recommend using yourride.net. They were very good. Always on time, friendly and they even hunted me down when our flight changed and I forgot to notify them. They found us anyway.

For a family of 4 it was about the same cost as a shuttle. Maybe slighlty more but easily worth it. Just my .02. I know I didn't answer your question.

Thanks for the reply. We used Mears in January on the same route going to the Dolphin and yes, it was a pain having to stop at 3 or more resorts before our stop, but if it's cheaper it's worth the slight inconvenience for us. I just don't recall how much we paid and I'm trying to work out our budget for December!

Thanks! I will check out yourride.com out of curiosity. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery before then and can rent a limo! :)

for those who have heard nothing but negative about mears -- here's your positive! :)

we've used mears every time we've been to wdw (with the exception of our wedding/honeymoon when we drove our own car). we've never had a problem. sure you have to stop at other resorts, but it's not any big deal (at least it never has been to us). we've never had to wait for any excessive amount of time, and for two people, it's cheaper. :)

anyways, mears may not be for everyone, but it's definately for us. :)

I'm with Caity Caity--here's another positive for Mears! It really is cost effective for us and the service is fine for what we need. Call me crazy, but I actually LIKE stopping at the other resorts because I get to check them out in person. We have never waited long at all getting picked up from the airport, and they were always very prompt on our departure. Bottom line: it's a cheap, reliable way to get to and from the airport.

We've used Mears on two different trips and it is less expensive for us -- there are only two of us. It's actually $16 per person or $28 roundtrip from MCO to WDW. I checked out their website. I'd love to be able to find coupons somewhere. That would make it even better.

And I would have to agree with gumdrop, we love checking out the other resorts along the way!

Thanks for agreeing with me Melody! I thought I was the only one who liked Mears for that reason!

but I actually LIKE stopping at the other resorts because I get to check them out in person.

us too! and it delays leaving wdw for the airport! :p

I've always used Mears, mainly because I was solo, or with one other person and have NO complaints.

I understand that everyone is anxious to get to WDW, but as stated by caitycaity, you can't go wrong with the price!!! :p

Yes. It really depends on how many of you are going. We are going to WDW in November with a party of 8 but my husband can't join us until later that day (working - we won't wait). We're getting a van from FL Tours and my husband is using a 1 way bus from Mears. It's definitely cheaper that way. He can join us on our return trip.

I did a one-way to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios this weekend. I was travelling alone so it was definitly the cheapest option. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport. After getting on the shuttle we had to loop around to the other terminal and pick up other passengers. There were only 3 passengers thankfully in our van. I was the second stop. The driver did not talk the entire way. I gave him a $2 dollar tip because I felt obligated. There was a sign on the dash that said "gratuities not included in fare". I only had one carry on bag.

The cost was $14.00 one way to the HRH. I would do it again alone but if there were two or more I would take a town car.

I booked Mears one-way for DH, from MCO to Universal. My 2 DSs and I are flying down the day before, and we get to take the limo!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter