• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

One night stay - YC or Swan

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I’ve decided to spend a night at WDW post-cruise (3/9-3/10)

We disembark at 7:45 am, so I can have most of a full day, plus part of Sunday.

I know I’d like to spend time at DS, and the YC has the awesome pool… I’m thinking I might just do a couple of rides at DHS/Epcot (I adore both, esp EPCOT ) - maybe MK for a bit

Since huge park time is not a priority, would you go with YC? It’s just one night, so it doesn’t matter in terms of room, but transportation options, etc…

Price is about $50 apart, so also not a factor

Thanks!

Based on past experience, thinking about doing DS, pool/water, park rides all in the same day is a bit ambitious. To do a couple of rides at HS/Epcot and/or MK just in itself would take a lot of planning and moving fast. Forget about DS/pool time.

If pool/water focused we suggest YC (and forget about parks) and bus transportation to DS in evening.

If Park/ride focused without use of pool/water then Swan will serve just as well.

Based on past experience, thinking about doing DS, pool/water, park rides all in the same day is a bit ambitious. To do a couple of rides at HS/Epcot and/or MK just in itself would take a lot of planning and moving fast. Forget about DS/pool time.

If pool/water focused we suggest YC (and forget about parks) and bus transportation to DS in evening.

If Park/ride focused without use of pool/water then Swan will serve just as well.

Oh god no, definitely not in one day - I’ll have some time on Sunday as well since I plan to take the Brightline home. MK would definitely not be on the same day as the others. I guess I wasn’t very clear - I would do either DHS OR Epcot (and even then, just part time)

I plan on having dinner at DS on Saturday night, so that could take care of thst

Sorry for for being unclear - you make great points!

Thank you!

I agree with PP, for $50 extra, I would stay at YC. I do like the Swan quite a bit, but only stay there if I get a significant discount over a WDW EP resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter