One Dope, One Goof and a Mickey Marathoner Take on 114.1* **: A WDW Marathon Weekend PTR (UD 12/16)

Hi Keels! Just read through your whole PTR and thanks for sticking with it because reading your marathon recap was such a treat!! I'm a sap so yes, I cried a little :rotfl2:

I'm getting so excited for marathon weekend myself (and even more excited for all the TRs that I hope will follow so I can read about everyone's races!)

Hi Keels! Just read through your whole PTR and thanks for sticking with it because reading your marathon recap was such a treat!! I'm a sap so yes, I cried a little :rotfl2:

I'm getting so excited for marathon weekend myself (and even more excited for all the TRs that I hope will follow so I can read about everyone's races!)

Thanks for reading - you're too sweet to say that!

I enjoyed (finally) recapping my Marathon experience. Just thinking back on that day ... the whole experience means the world to me.

Can't wait to do it again in just a few weeks!

Three Weeks (19 Days) To Go:

Well ... this is (probably) going to be it until Marathon Weekend, y'all!

I leave for the long drive to Florida early next week, and then with Christmas and New Year's on the horizon, I don't know how much I'll be PTRing ... because, at that point, it's essentially a Trip Report!

By The Numbers:
6:
Days Until I arrive in Orlando
18: Days Until the WDW Marathon Expo
23: Days Until the WDW Marathon
114.1: Total Miles run by the four of us over the course of four days
1,124: Miles I will drive to Florida

#SquadGoals:
What's everyone up to this week?

In a change from previous installments of #SquadGoals, I'm going to show you what everyone is up to on MARATHON WEEK!

Because I'm an obsessive planner with an extreme amount of free time, I always put together "Race Weekend Spreadsheets" - while not exactly down to the minute, it's a one-glance look at everything we (as a LARGE group) have planned for the weekend. This is a peek at the spreadsheet in progress:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 12.02.05 AM.png

It will become much more intricate (maybe down to the :15?) after corrals are released and other nonsense is confirmed.

My friend Angela, who is coming to spectate during Marathon Weekend, is pretty overwhelmed by the concept of Disney. At first, she thought it was a "really big Six Flags" - so I sent her park maps. Then? I FaceTime'd her at every country during F&W in October.

Now? She's still overwhelmed, but is excited by the opportunity of "visiting" Germany (she loves the culture and that's her No. 1 Bucket List country to visit overseas). I passed on her MagicBand for Race Weekend to her on Monday, and she hasn't taken it off since then. Judging by the text I received tonight, I think she's super-psyched:

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

She's not EXACTLY wrong ...

UPDATE: It's All Really Happening!

So, the last bit of information we were waiting for has finally arrive ... waivers!

What this means for the RunDisney newbie is that when waivers are released, you find out what corral (AKA what time) you'll be starting the race!

For Dopey this year, I was in Corral E (out of F) for the 5K and 10K. I was in Corral L (out of P) for the Half Marathon and Marathon.

This year? Would my training last year pay off with a corral improvement?

**drumroll please**

:rockband:

In 2017 ...

I'll be starting the Dopey Challenge ...

In ...

Corral ...

H!!!!

party::cheer2::banana::woohoo::jumping1::dancer:
This also likely means I will be starting in B for the 5K and 10K ... livin' that B Life, y'all!!

I've had a pretty crap end to the running year, so this makes me thrilled that my training for Dopey 2016 paid off for Dopey 2017. There are roughly 7500 Dopey participants annually ... in 2016, I was in the 5300-range of runners. In 2017? Movin' on up, baby - because I'm in the 2800s!!

All of the #RunSquad is VERY close together as well! M will be with me in H, B is one corral ahead of us in G and J is one corral behind us in I.

And now for the sad part ... S pulled up her waiver - even though she won't be able to run or make the trip now - and we were only FIVE bib numbers apart. FIVE. That's just CRAZY to me. And it also makes me a #SuperSadPanda.

And now I'm off to finish packing for the drive to Florida.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

UPDATE: It's All Really Happening!

So, the last bit of information we were waiting for has finally arrive ... waivers!

What this means for the RunDisney newbie is that when waivers are released, you find out what corral (AKA what time) you'll be starting the race!

For Dopey this year, I was in Corral E (out of F) for the 5K and 10K. I was in Corral L (out of P) for the Half Marathon and Marathon.

This year? Would my training last year pay off with a corral improvement?

**drumroll please**

:rockband:

In 2017 ...

I'll be starting the Dopey Challenge ...

In ...

Corral ...

H!!!!

party::cheer2::banana::woohoo::jumping1::dancer:
This also likely means I will be starting in B for the 5K and 10K ... livin' that B Life, y'all!!

I've had a pretty crap end to the running year, so this makes me thrilled that my training for Dopey 2016 paid off for Dopey 2017. There are roughly 7500 Dopey participants annually ... in 2016, I was in the 5300-range of runners. In 2017? Movin' on up, baby - because I'm in the 2800s!!

All of the #RunSquad is VERY close together as well! M will be with me in H, B is one corral ahead of us in G and J is one corral behind us in I.

And now for the sad part ... S pulled up her waiver - even though she won't be able to run or make the trip now - and we were only FIVE bib numbers apart. FIVE. That's just CRAZY to me. And it also makes me a #SuperSadPanda.

And now I'm off to finish packing for the drive to Florida.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
That's awesome! I'm in L, it seems like there was a lot of people in that 5:30ish range that I'm in. Have a greet weekend!

That's awesome! I'm in L, it seems like there was a lot of people in that 5:30ish range that I'm in. Have a greet weekend!

I was in L this year and it was great! I was DEFINITELY more nervous than I should have been.

I know that L was split between D & E for the 5/10, so hopefully you're in D for the earlier races!

I was in L this year and it was great! I was DEFINITELY more nervous than I should have been.

I know that L was split between D & E for the 5/10, so hopefully you're in D for the earlier races!
That's great to hear and I hope I'm in D as well.

That's awesome! I'll be in H on marathon Sunday too! So exciting that you made such a big jump- lots of extra buffer time!

Great corral placement and improvement!! My husband and I are in H as well up from K two years ago. Hope we see you in there!!!

Such a great thread - will be cheering for you guys from Michigan and can't wait to read about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter