One day quick service

Yeah, there's another thread about it on the TPT&S board. Basically, it's agreed that this is targeted to the 1 day guest who probably didn't do their research and as an upsell at the ticket counter.

oh yeah right on the edge of not being a deal.. I hate to say it, depending on park, if I didn't have a discount I would get that.. The counters I like are generally $14-16 meals so without a softdrink I'm saving a couple dollars already and I get a soda with it. I could and do eat cheaper but that's not horrible..

Now bring the dinner steak back to pecos!!

oh yeah right on the edge of not being a deal.. I hate to say it, depending on park, if I didn't have a discount I would get that.. The counters I like are generally $14-16 meals so without a softdrink I'm saving a couple dollars already and I get a soda with it. I could and do eat cheaper but that's not horrible..

Which counter serves are you getting $16 meals?

The lobster roll?

It's locking in an expense that you may or may not actually spend at full retail price...that line for mine train has been known to wipe a lot of dinners...

So I guess "horrible" is relative.

What products are sold "prepaid" that aren't done with a discount or to handle demand?
This does neither.

It's locking in an expense that you may or may not actually spend at full retail price...that line for mine train has been known to wipe a lot of dinners...

Are we talking about different companies because that's as disneypakrs as it gets. everything they do is about locking you in as far in advance as possible..

Which counter serves are you getting $16 meals?

The lobster roll?

I just brought up a bunch of the menus for places I ahven't been lately and looks like the odd items that were priced like that aren't on them anyone. This really doesn't make too much sense unless we don't know of some upcoming jacking up of the prices when it starts.

Are we talking about different companies because that's as disneypakrs as it gets. everything they do is about locking you in as far in advance as possible..

I agree...which is why it should be flatly rejected. It's predatory but you have to be the tiniest bit savvy...

I just brought up a bunch of the menus for places I ahven't been lately and looks like the odd items that were priced like that aren't on them anyone. This really doesn't make too much sense unless we don't know of some upcoming jacking up of the prices when it starts.

That's what I thought...I don't eat a ton of MK quickservice but I seem to think they are still mostly in the 11-13 range...which makes this locked in retail upfront.

Straight con game.

Last edited:
That's what I thought...I don't each a ton of MK quickservice but I seem to think they are still mostly in the 11-13 range...which makes this locked in retail upfront.

Straight con game.

The current meal plan for most people is overpaying for food also. however I really don't see a way to not save money skipping this option so it's a new category of *** disney. There is no way to get your money's worth at the prices that food currently are.

Seems as though preconceived perceptions are on display here.

Don't forget that tax is involved here. The $29 price seems to be inclusive of the 6.5% sales tax. If you back out the tax, that gives you $27.30 as the target using posted menu prices. That's $13.65 per meal.

Let's assume you buy the cheapest beverage possible (milk at $1.99). That makes your break even entrée cost $11.66. A quick glance at the menu for Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café shows that 16 of their 17 lunch entrees costs more than that target price.

Swap the milk for the $3.29 soda and your break even entrée price becomes $10.36. Given the menu options across the locations listed, it's remarkably easy to save a (tiny) bit of money here.

This is not a con, nor is it predatory.

Don't forget that tax is involved here. The $29 price seems to be inclusive of the 6.5% sales tax. If you back out the tax, that gives you $27.30 as the target using posted menu prices. That's $13.65 per meal.

Let's assume you buy the cheapest beverage possible (milk at $1.99). That makes your break even entrée cost $11.66. A quick glance at the menu for Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café shows that 16 of their 17 lunch entrees costs more than that target price.

Swap the milk for the $3.29 soda and your break even entrée price becomes $10.36. Given the menu options across the locations listed, it's remarkably easy to save a (tiny) bit of money here.

The price does not include the tax. Disney's info says $29.00 +tax.

29 dollars seems too much for what you get. Granted I haven't been to wdw for 2 years but the prices couldn't of went up that much.

It's a locked in price for what can very reasonably be more than if you pay as you go...

What if you have the awful casey hotdog for lunch and are turned off and eat light for dinner?

You've lost.

There is no justifiable advantage to this...none.

Though I wonder: is the Brazilia food pass? Is that the goal?

I won't argue that this may not be the best plan for everyone. But some families might need to look into it. I just did the math for MY family and it looks like it would save us about $15. Here are the numbers I got based on what my family would probably eat at each of the restaurants. (NOTE: none of these numbers include tax)

Total Cost of One Day Plan-3 adults/1child=$99 before tax

Columbia Harbor House- Lunch 57.33

Cosmic Rays Starlight Café-Dinner 60.12

Total=117.45

Casey's Corner-Lunch 51.22

Pecos Bills-Dinner 64.62

Total=115.84

Pinocchio Village Haus-Lunch 47.33

Tomorrowland Terrace-Dinner 53.72

Total=101.05

It would save us money, especially because if we actually do this it would be with the top option of Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. The others are not our favorites. We drink water all day but prefer soda with our meals. We don't often share because we like to eat different things. I agree the plan is not the best 'budget' option but it is a good way to save a few dollars for some families. Perhaps it shouldn't be condemned as a Disney con just because it doesn't work for YOU.

I won't argue that this may not be the best plan for everyone. But some families might need to look into it. I just did the math for MY family and it looks like it would save us about $15. Here are the numbers I got based on what my family would probably eat at each of the restaurants. (NOTE: none of these numbers include tax)

Total Cost of One Day Plan-3 adults/1child=$99 before tax

Columbia Harbor House- Lunch 57.33

Cosmic Rays Starlight Café-Dinner 60.12

Total=117.45

Casey's Corner-Lunch 51.22

Pecos Bills-Dinner 64.62

Total=115.84

Pinocchio Village Haus-Lunch 47.33

Tomorrowland Terrace-Dinner 53.72

Total=101.05

It would save us money, especially because if we actually do this it would be with the top option of Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays. The others are not our favorites. We drink water all day but prefer soda with our meals. We don't often share because we like to eat different things. I agree the plan is not the best 'budget' option but it is a good way to save a few dollars for some families. Perhaps it shouldn't be condemned as a Disney con just because it doesn't work for YOU.

That's just locked in to a lot of high fat/high salt food at magic kingdom...why up front?

Did I miss something? Did the fast food at Disney parks become "good" all of a sudden? Because it's largely not with not too many exceptions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter