Omni Resort at Championsgate

gaila

Earning My Ears
Have recently returned from a weeks stay at this hotel, we combined it with a week at AKL where we stayed first.

We knew the hotel was approximately 10 mins drive from the Disney Resort on I-4 so expected it to be a bit remote. The hotel looms up from the small-but seemingly developing resort of Championsgate which has an impressive gateway leading to a small shopping outlet with Publix, MacDonalds, Chillis and several small shops including a very nice Italian restaurant and Creperie. There is also a couple of gas stations and a bank.

Further along the main driveway you turn right into the hotel grounds and immediately you are surrounded by lush green golf courses. The lobby area of the hotel is very impressive, cool cream marble and all the tiny detail of a luxury hotel. Valet parking and very efficient bell staff are there within seconds. We had checked in and been taken up to our 11th flor room within 15 mins of arriving.

We had prevously registered on the Select Guest programme - see Omni website. This gave us an upgrade to a room with a fantastic view, free wireless connection and complimentary morning beverages for all 4 of us. You get a card to place on your door each night stating your preference.

The hotel itself is very luxurious and all the faclities reflect this. Having two boys we were ensconced beside the pool shortly after unpacking - and what a pool! The main pool has a zero entry 'beach' at both ends, one of which contains the childrens splash pool/fountain area, the other leads from the lounger deck. The lazy river is exactly that, float on an infaltable ring or just swim with the flow - either is blissful. At night it steams and is comfortably warm. Watch out for the squirter though! Our boys would have been more than happy to have stayed there all day long.

One of our concerns was that it may be too 'corporate' and not child friendly. Although there was a conference on at the end of the week we didn't feel excluded. There is a childrens club - which we used once but didn't feel we needed to use regularly. There are daily activities beside the pool daily including scuba diving lessons and kids crafts. Most free or nominal charge.

If you enjoy a game of golf then take your pick. There are two courses and a driving range, a small course for practice or novices like us! Not being a golfer I am unable to comment on the quality of the greens etc - but they looked nice!!!

The room was very comfortable and overlooked the golf courses and pool. Two king size beds with a choice of fibre or down pillows, tea/coffee faclities, mini bar and hairdrier along with a nice herbal range of toiletries - replaced every day after dh cleared the decks! I was so impressed by the towel folding that I even took a photo of them to show my friends!

Overall the hotel was excellentand couldn't be faulted for service or quality. The poolside bar, deli and Starbucks added to the excellent Italian restaurant - allowed those with young families the option of eating casually.

The situation is the only downside at present if you have come to do the Disneys and Universals. It is a fair distance to travel on a daily basis. It is approximately 15-20 mins from most of the Disney parks and around 40 mins from Universal although roadworks on I-4 caused a few delays and detours.

In the future I am sure the resort will end up being an up market/ golfing resort as luxury villas and condo's are being built at a great rate all around Championsgate.

Would we stay there again? Yes probably but to lie by the pool and relax rather than charge around theme parks.

If anyone would like photo's or any other information please pm me - I hope to have a link to them here soon.

Gail

We also just returned from the Omni and I would have to agree with the OP review. My kids had a blast. They loved the pool area. It was a lot of fun without being crazy. It is drive to the parks but it was a nice change of pace. We would defiantly stay there again. If you go sign up for the Omni select guest club. It is free and has some good perks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter