OMG Will we ever eat all this food? Two weeks worth of ADRs on the Deluxe Dining Pla

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
We decided this year that it was less expensive to do the Deluxe Dining Plan and get a regular room at BC than the regular dining plan with the CL room. The Seasonal Surcharge did it for us.

So I just got done making my ADRs last week - it was quite a task!

Now I know we'll end up cancelling some and just getting cs but I wanted to make sure we would have the option of ts v. cs. Here's what I have. I know it's a lot, but looking for opinions or suggestions:

July 17 (arrival day - Buena Vista Palace and Spa)

Dinner: RFC at DTD (tradition)

July 18 (check into Beach Club) MK

Breakfast: Ohana
Lunch: Probably Beaches and Cream or Hurricane Hannah's
Dinner: Coral Reef

July 19 DHS

Lunch: 50's PTC
Dinner: The Wave

July 20 MK

Lunch: LTT
Dinner: Flying Fish

July 21 EPCOT

Breakfast: Captain's Grill
Lunch: Tutto Italia
Dinner: Cape May Buffet

July 22 Blizzard Beach

Dinner: Ohana

July 23 AK

Breakfast: Cape May Buffet
Lunch: Yak and Yeti
Dinner: Rose and Crown

July 24 Rest Day

Dinner: Narcoossee's

July 25 MK

Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Plaza
Dinner: LTT

July 26 EPCOT

Breakfast: Princess Storybook Breakfast
Lunch: Chefs de France
Dinner: Le Cellier

July 27 MK

Lunch: CRT
Dinner: Mama Melrose's FDP

July 28 DHS

Lunch: Sci-Fi
Dinner: Tutto Italia

July 29 Blizzard Beach

Dinner: Wolfgang Puck Cafe

July 30 Rest Day

Breakfast: Cape May Buffet
Dinner: Narcoossee's

July 31 DHS

Lunch: Mama Melrose's
Dinner: California Grill

August 1 MK

Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Dinner: Kona Cafe

woooh - I'm exhausted just reading it!

I'm on the DxDP for the 1st time too, thanks to the room only discount! It's a lot of food but it's a pleasant break from the walking and the heat. :)

It looks great! Yes, it is a lot of food, but you don't have to eat all of it :) We will be there your second week and are doing the deluxe with 3 sit downs a day, so we will be even more stuffed than you are!

Wow! That is a lot of food! I can't really give a good opinion, because I haven't been to very many of the restaurants (actually unsure of what a couple of them were, lol), but at least if you think it is too much while you are there you can always cancel some of them, especially the ones you have repeats of.

Wow! That is a lot of food.

We did the DxDP last year for a week and it was SO much food. I don't think I could manage to do it for two weeks!

I hope you enjoy your trip and the DxDP!

Last Oct. DH and I did the DxDpp for 9 days. We only scheduled 1TS and a
2TS for each day. BY about the 6th day we were so full and burned out with eating that we canceled several ADRs at the end of the week. I can honestly say.....I could never eat 3 TS a day.
Even with all the walking.....I gained 5 lbs. :scared1:
This March DH and I will be at WDW for a week and for the first time in years, opted to not purchase a dining plan. We only have 3 ADRs and decided to check out a few places not on the DDP this trip. (HOB, Bluezoo,Fulton's etc). We are even thinking of having a pizza from "flippers" delivered to our resort...for wine and pizza poolside.

I have decided we should do the DxDDP for our 2 weeks now instead of DxDDP one week and DDP the second.. I booked now more than 2 TS a day and we are eating at signature's 8 times. I can't wait to try all the good food.

We :love: the DxDDP! We get it for every trip now because we love trying so many different restaurants and dishes. Here's the key: You don't have to eat everything you're served! I will typically leave a few bites of each course on my plate. The last bite rarely ever tastes as good as your first so why waste the calories? Enjoy all the different flavors and experiences you will have but don't feel obligated to lick your plate clean!

When we went in May of 2009 with our granddaughters we had the DDP. My husband & I had more desserts and snacks than we ever desired (but the girls loved it!) Actually, we substituted the few places where it was allowed. For instance Captain Cooks (CS at the Poly) will allow pineapple in place of dessert. And they were wonderful in helping us select items that could be carried onto the airplane so that we could use up our remaining credits the day we checked out. Because of our personal preferences we now pay out of pocket and just order what we wish. I've ordered soup & salad or salad & an appetizer with no entree for some meals.

That said, enjoy your deluxe dining plan and listen to Mom2Elliot's wise advise "you don't need to eat all of it."

In general, it looks like you have a really great plan. I'm assuming that you have park hoppers because you will be in more than one park on several days. This is totally doable though from the Beach Club when you have Epcot listed as the later meal of the day when you are in a different park earlier in the day.

Also, it seems like your transportation issues shouldn't be too bad even when you are dining at a resort restaurant later in the evening (like the Wave, that should be relatively easy to get to.)

Remember what a PP said about not feeling like you need to clean your plate. Also remember that just because you are entitled to it, you don't have to order it, meaning that you can share appies and desserts, etc. Also remember that if you get tired of all the restaurant food, and cancel any ressies, then order room service. It's so worth it on the DxDDP plan, especially when you can save your desserts in the fridge for whenever you feel like it.

Don't get caught up in the buffet mentality and think you need to eat your money's worth. Your money's worth is simply being satisfied.

Have fun!

Wow that is certainly going to be a lot of food! Good luck :banana:I have often thought of doing the deluxe, but find that after 5 days on the regular plan I am sick of food. But if you're getting a good deal, live it up.

One thing I did notice on your list of restaurants that I wanted to point out just in case you didn't know, is your first reservation at RFC is not on of the participating restaurants in the dining plan. I believe that may be true for The Wave as well. If you already knew that then forget I mentioned it, if not then I would check your restaurants against the list of participating restaurants just to be sure you don't get there and realize you either have to pay out of pocket for the restaurant or scramble to find a new place to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter