OMG...upgrade!

Poor negotiator, you should have told them no and got mod/deluxe ;)

That's awesome for you, congrats!

That's pretty awesome! Unexpected upgrades are the best. Enjoy the extra pixie dust. I hope it sets the tone for the rest of your Disney vacation pixiedust:

The flip side of the coin, will they all be visiting the same park when you are there?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The most aggravated I've ever been at WDW was in the parks during one of these cheer competitions. The parks were overrun with teenage girls who though it was perfectly ok for 2 girls to hold a place in ride lines for 15 others to try to push through the line and join them once they got close to the front.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The most aggravated I've ever been at WDW was in the parks during one of these cheer competitions. The parks were overrun with teenage girls who though it was perfectly ok for 2 girls to hold a place in ride lines for 15 others to try to push through the line and join them once they got close to the front.

Oh my.

By the gods, if anyone tried that around me, they'd get picked up and carried back to the end of the line..

Politely, obviously. I am British..

Last trip we got an upgrade from a DVC studio to a one bedroom. We were just ga ga at the space. DH was "can we do this all the time". Sure honey, we'd need to buy a few hundred more points, but sure, anything you want. But if truth, we missed the paper plates. LOL You mean we have to load a dishwasher with the real plates and push the button. How much work do they expect of me on vacation?????

We weren't given a reason and I didn't care, as long as we were charges any extra for it.

By the way, we aren't buying any more points, we'll continue to suffer. Studios are fine just for the two of us.

We left our dishes in the sink (intending to do them that night when we got back) and the maid loaded it and started it for us :).

We weren't given an official reason for the upgrade, but we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and it was noted on the reservation, so that was what we thought may have caused it.

Last edited:

We left our dishes in the sink (intending to do them that night when we got back) and the maid loaded it and started it for us :). We weren't given an official reason, but we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and it was noted on the reservation, so that was what we thought may have caused it.

They do this at most resorts with kitchens if they service the room. When we stay in the Cabins at FW, we usually have at least a little bit of dishes left in the sink and they always load and start the dishes.

Congratulations! We got a big upgrade once and - be warned - it is a very dangerous thing! In subsequent trips, we now cannot "downgrade" and continue to book the same type of room because we were so spoiled lol!
Yup, we did POLY last fall and it was supposed to be a one time thing. We are hooked and bought DVC so we can continue to stay there. I just couldn't go back after that.

That week in April is not the only one where their is limited to no availability at the values. Going into early May as well the All-Stars and Pop are not available.

So, I just got a call from Disney. We had planned to stay at all star sports in April. They called to tell us that "someone" has rented out the entire sports resort during that week and we now get a complimentary upgrade. They moved us to to Aoa nemo suites!
Who rents out an entire resort?

How Awesome!:thumbsup2
Now Only if my SSR studio can be upgraded to a grand Villa @ GFV, then we'd be good.--->:teeth:
Obviously j/k, but one could wish......NO?pixiedust:

They do this at most resorts with kitchens if they service the room. When we stay in the Cabins at FW, we usually have at least a little bit of dishes left in the sink and they always load and start the dishes.

We had no idea. We have had larger units when we have had the kids and grandkids with us, but we always cleaned up dishes. On this trip,the one day that should have been trash and towel (we were only there a few days) turned out to be a full cleaning. We had few dirty dishes in the dishwasher but not enough to run. When we got back the dishwasher was done and housekeeping put the parts of the coffee pot in there too.

We weren't given an official reason for the upgrade, but we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and it was noted on the reservation, so that was what we thought may have caused it.

For us getting an upgrade led to a few mins of panic. I had done online checkin weeks ago, we left BLT moved over to BCV and was waiting for that room is ready text. It was only early afternoon, so wasn't getting crazy about where's our room or anything. I'm sitting looking at my tablet and it says "start online check in" for a one bedroom.. NOOOOOOO HOW DID I MESS THIS UP?????? WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POINTS. Being just this side of full blow panic, I go over to the desk at BCV and explain. Oh yes, you were upgraded. I asked three times and I'm not being charged extra points. And checked online for a zillion times for a week. LOL

Although it was wonderful surprise , I wish I had gotten a text telling me to see the desk or something. The room was ready and waiting. In fact we had a choice of two rooms. We could have been enjoying that room longer instead of sitting in lobby.

Nice upgrade!!!!

Congratulations! We got a big upgrade once and - be warned - it is a very dangerous thing! In subsequent trips, we now cannot "downgrade" and continue to book the same type of room because we were so spoiled lol!

Agree! I don't mind staying in the moderates, but the past few trips we have booked Deluxe. OMG, as much as I say we are happy anywhere, that deluxe dangles over us! LOL! My DH, who says that the trips are too expensive will put his .02 in and tell me that if we don't stay on the monorail we are not in Disney! Well if you insist dear....LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter