• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG! Received a beneficiary letter!

I was just thinking to myself as I was reading your thread, you could totally tell us this astronomical number and we would never really know:rotfl2:

I'm not saying you would but it would be kind of funny for you!!:rotfl:

Best wishes on what you do get and I wonder, do you all know who actually paid for the burial costs?

Oh cr**! (sorry!) Now I have to get excited again.....:goodvibes I can't imagine it being that, but here's hoping....

I probably shouldn't have thrown that number out there because now anything less is going to seem like a small amount. A $5000 policy would have been on the larger side for those days. My husband said the most common are $500 or $1000 policies, but in most cases depending on how well the company did, they end up being quite a bit more with the dividends. It's crazy how much the cost of burials have increased. Today a $10,000 burial policy is a small one.

I think it is pretty safe to say you will be getting a lot more than $10 though. :yay:

Another diser hoping that They show you the money.:thumbsup2
What a windfall this could be.

I've been reading all the posts and I don't think I'd be sleeping at night :laughing: (but if I did, I'd be dreaming of WDW :cloud9: )

Hope the insurance pay out is HUGE :thumbsup2

iluvwesties (aka Carol) :wave:

Her trust paid for her burial. She had an executor for her estate and she left my DH a little then. We thought that was it. She did her will and then a year later she was diagnosed with the start of alhziemers. She was in her 70's and went into the nursing home and was there for quite a while until she passed. I'm thinking that she probably just forgot she had it. Or maybe being the frugal and sneaky little woman that she was :tiptoe:, she didn't want anyone to KNOW about this one. ;)
And yes, I will keep you all informed. We're in this together now! :grouphug: 10 bucks or a million bucks, you guys will know! :thumbsup2

Good for you... You sound like a very nice person and much deserve this nice little (or BIG) surprise!! Best of luck!

I've been home for the last two weeks after minor surgery and the DIS board has been the only thing keeping me from being bored to tears! This particular thread has me on the edge of my seat. I SO hope you and your family get some good karma back for what appears to be your husband's unselfish acts from the past.:flower3:

I have got to find out what happens.. good luck! I hope you get some cash your way soon!

WOW... this is so exciting.... its like winning the lottery... I hope it is GREAT for you and your family....

When my dad was in the nursing home for rehab they were trying to get him on medicaid or whatever it is called and they wanted to know if he had any life ins policies that could be cashed out to pay for his care. He didn't so we didn't have to worry about that. Nursing homes usually get whatever the patient has until it is gone. My dad was only in for 2 months before we got him back out but we learned a lot while he was in there about what all they go for when you get put in there. Hopefully, they didn't find out about that policy or there might not be anything left.

:surfweb: I hope is lots-o-money!!!

finally a new thread to get involved in....I am still disapointed about the "neighbors" thread.:confused3

not to highjack, but i missed the outcome, what happened in the neighbors thread?

:confused: Nothing! We have not heard from the OP...hope she is okay.

omg, that is not good! not given that weird situation she was in. did they live in the hurricane area? geez, i hope she's ok.
so as not to go off topic, i hope the OP of THIS thread is IN THE MONEY SOON!

Just letting everybody know that we haven't heard anything. Does anybody know what a liability account is? I think the lady said the second one was a liability policy, but I'm not sure. Trying to read up on it. I'll keep you all posted! :goodvibes

Just letting everybody know that we haven't heard anything. Does anybody know what a liability account is? I think the lady said the second one was a liability policy, but I'm not sure. Trying to read up on it. I'll keep you all posted! :goodvibes

I asked my husband about a liability account. He's not sure. He said that isn't a term he is familiar with and perhaps he knows it by another name. He thinks it sounds like a policy that was taken out specifically to cover any liabilities (claims, estate taxes, cost of administration, and so on) this aunt may have had. But we think all of that stuff should have been taken care of long before now if she passed away 10 years ago. That stuff should have been settled after the death.

In my opinion, the only reason for the aunt to take out a liability policy to cover those expenses would be to ensure that the other policy was protected and that your husband would get the full value of that other policy instead of having to use it to pay off the estate. This is just a guess on my part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter