Olivia's at OKW -- we loved it!

Figment*Fan

Earning My Ears
We didn't plan on eating at Olivia's, but while we were looking around OKW (ds's favorite resort) we noticed that they were not busy, and decided to give them a try. I am really glad we did, because all three of us loved it!

Our waiter was really nice, and really took the time to share with us all of the great things to try. I have a shellfish sensitivity, so he even went back to ask if they had cooked any crabcakes in the cooking oil, because he said the chips and some other things are cooked in the same oil, and didn't want to run the risk of my possibly having a side effect. I thought that was really nice of him :)

For our drinks, I was able to get a ginger ale :love: , ds had a chocolate milk, and dh had coke.

Appetizers -- ds had the wings (with sauce on the side -- the waiter suggested that, which again, I really appreciated, since I didn't know it was an option), I had the caesar salad (which was really good and presented in a unique way) and dh had onion rings. There seemed to be a bit of a crouton revolt, lol, because as I went in the ladies room to make sure I had all of the crouton pieces that exploded over my navy colored shirt, there was a woman in there who was trying to get a piece of crouton out of her eye :laughing: I asked her if she was okay, and she sheepishly said "a crouton got me" We both had a laugh when I told her one got me too -- well, I laughed more than she did, she was pretty teary from the fleck of crouton in her eye. Really odd that we both had crouton incidents though -- if you order the caesar salad, just be careful :p It is really good though :)

Entree -- I had the penne with chicken -- it was great: no heavy sauces, simply the penne, grilled chicken, spinach, and a light olive oil -- it was really, really good. DH had the cuban sandwich (he raved about it) and ds swore he had the best cheeseburger (though it did look awfully similar to the one he had the day before at LTT, lol).

For dessert, ds asked for a vanilla milkshake (again, the "best" he ever had, lol) and dh asked for the key lime tart to go, and I had chocolate cake to go (which was really good :) ).

We were really happy with Olivia's food and service, and will certainly stop by again :)

good review - never eaten there, but a co-worker stayed at old key west last spring and ate at olivia's - he couldn't say enough good things about the food there! :)

Thanks for the review. We are staying at OKW on our upcoming trip. We already have other ADRs planned, but if our schedules change it is nice to know we have a great alternative nearby. I'll make sure to wear eye protection if I ever order the caeser salad. :rotfl:

We are leaving in a couple weeks and are eating there one evening. I picked up only because it is my daughters name.

I am glad to here some good news about it:yay: . I couldnt find anything before

Thanks

Thanks for the reviews - we are hoping to stay at OKW next April and haven't seen many reviews on Olivias. It's nice to hear good things about it :)

Glad to see a review of Olivia's I was thinking about trying there on our Blizzard Beach day. :confused3

Oooh thanks for the great reveiw - we are staying there in a few weeks and I have gone back and forth about eating there!

I don't think we've ever made a special trip to eat at Olivia's - when we've been staying at OKW, though, I've never shied away from eating there. Service is gracious, portions generous, and I'm a real sucker for the lunchtime soup and half sandwich combo ... that conch chowder makes my mouth happy.

This isn't a destination dining spot, but if you're in the neighborhood, drop by. You probably won't even need ADRs.

We love Olivia's...ate there twice this weekend for breakfast. It is our family tradition to always eat at Olivia's for breakfast on our last day at WDW, before we leave to go home.

They have had the same wait staff for the last 3 years at breakfast and they are always so accomodating. We've never had the lunch or dinner food, but we will need to try it on one of our future OKW stays.

Glad to hear that others are happy with it too!

We tried Olivia's last week and it was really great. We took the boat from Downtown Disney up to OKW, which was very relaxing and a fun way to go to dinner. :goodvibes

Our ADR was for 6pm and the place was nearly empty. Very quiet and quaint. Out waiter was very friendly and helpful with the menu.

We always try to have something different so we can sample everything. I had the Pork Chop with sweet mashed potatoes. Very good although the chop was a tad dry. My wife had the sirloin which was fantastic. My youngest had the Key lime chicken breast...very moist and flavorful, and my oldest DD had the steak salad, which was also great.

The only thing we did not care for was the bread. The waiter described it as a Coconut-Pinapple bread. Very odd...tasted sweet, but gritty??? :confused:

Overall, one of our better choices. So many of the other restaurants are so noisy, that this was a very welcome change. The boat ride to OKW only took about 20 minutes (including a stop at Saratoga Springs), but was well worth the time.

Grade A in my book. :thumbsup2

Olivia's is one of our 'must-do' restaurants on each WDW trip. We like to go there for lunch on our Downtown Disney shopping days. It's nice to shop for an hour or two, then take the boat to OKW and have lunch at Olivia's. When we're full and rested, we head back to DTD on the boat, ready for more shopping! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

We ate at Olivia's last week. We've stayed at OKW several times but have never eaten dinner there before. I think it's " the grass is always greener syndrome" that keeps us always looking somewhere else to eat. We had a fabulous meal & would recommend it highly. We also had the wings & conch chowder, & the grouper with mashed sweet potatoes & baby sauteed spinach, & prime rib, all fabulous.

We were at the pool in the afternoon & I walked over & asked if we could get a reservation for 6. They said they didnt have 6 available but could do 6:10. Then she added but you could probably show up at 6 anyway. We got there at 6 & almost all of the tables were empty:confused3 ...Great Meal:goodvibes

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter