Old Key West or Art of Animation?

MikeM1234

Earning My Ears
hi there,
We are planning a 10 day trip, and staying on Disney property for the first time. Trying to get some tips on where we should stay.

Narrowed it down to Old Key West 1 BdRm Villa, or Art of Animation Finding Nemo Family Suite. We have a 2.5yr old daughter and We will be getting a dining plan as well, just looking for some advice/tips/pros/cons on each room/resort.

Thanks, any help is appreciated :)

Hi! I stayed for 1 night in a family suite and have also stayed at OKW in a studio and would choose AoA over OKW. There were some things we really liked about OKW but we switched to WL half way through our vacation. The resort is huge and it was quite a hike to the main pool/ restaurants. Although they have an internal shuttle bus that runs we just did the walk rather than wait. The quick service at AoA is so much better than OKW which had a much smaller selection and only a few tables outside for seating. We didn't use the buses because we had a car but given the number of stops in OKW I would imagine it is better at AoA. We were upgraded to a Lion King family suite and it was just my daughter and I so we had much more room than we needed. The room at OKW was large and the grounds are beautiful but given your child's age I think AoA would be more enjoyable.

I agree that I'd go with AOA! I just went in August, and my DD and I stayed at Pop Century (which is a short walk across the bridge to AOA).

It was just the two of us, so Pop was great. We thought AOA was incredibly cute, though!

The bus service is convenient, and you have the food court at both resorts to utilize.

The only thing you'll be lacking is a full kitchen (but will you really cook, especially if you plan on getting a dining plan?) and the washer/dryer in your villa. There are laundry rooms, though, so you can still do laundry.

OKW doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it's great, but for your first time on property, AOA is just so darn cute!

We love okw it's our home resort
With a one bedroom you will get a washer and dryer in your room you will also get a full kitchen and a jacuzzi tub
Try for a hospitality house booking be even so with it being a larger resort there is always a pool close by and busses are never an issue as the busses onky service okw and are not shared with another resort
You will be a nice boat ride from dtd also

I do love having a washer/dryer, I'll admit! That being said, if you go for OKW you may or may not want a dining plan.

You can have breakfast in the villa, and snacks and drinks. For 10 days, that's a lot of dining. Unless of course you have some sort of free dining, I'd skip the plan! To me it's easier to to have the flexibility to order how I like.

We had free quick service dining last trip, and it was still too much food. I prefer water or light lemonade, not soda. Mostly water (or a beer). We're not into desserts all the time after a meal, and the portions are so large that we often share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter