• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW vs BWV 1Bdrm villa

nkolessa

Earning My Ears
Looking for advice/info on OKW vs BWV...
Our 1st stay in Disney.
We'll be getting a 1 bdrm at one of these two.
We have a 2 yr old.

Is one better for convience to parks/transportation?
Accomodation/atmosphere difference's?

Any advice/opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

You might want to post this question on the DVC board. You will probably get a good response there.

OKW:
Pros - bigger villas, quieter more relaxed atmosphere, can park in front of unit.
Cons - You will probably need a car, only one place to eat, kind of out of the way

BWV:
Pros - can walk to Epcot and MGM, nightlife and activities, wide variety of dining options.
Cons - smaller unit, long walk to room, can't park in front of unit.

Ripley's Mom had soem great comments, but there are a few things she didn't mention. With only three, the amount of room isn't a factor IMHO. The BWV have always been plenty of space for the three of us--and DS is a strapping older teen now.

If you weren't planning on getting or using a car, then BWV would be a better choice location wise. OKW never iterested me because it's too off the beaten path so to speak. But that's me, some people like that.

One other thing to point out--at most of the OKW 1BR Villas, you need to go through the bedroom to get into the bathroom, meaning mom and dad give up a lot of privacy. Although with a 2YO that probably isn't such a big deal.

Anne

We have stayed at both with our DD who is 2 and both have benefits and disadvantages- ripleysmom summarized them well.

The biggest difference is location and depending on what you plan to do during your stay, this can be a big difference or not. We spend most of our time at MK, so no matter which one we stay it, we still take the bus to MK. I would say bus service to MK is comparable at both, so the location isn't always a big difference for us. However, when we have gone during off-peak times, when MK closes early, its nice to be at the BWV because you can walk over to Epcot WS, which is generally always open until 9pm.

The other big difference is the atmosphere. OKW is laid back and comfortable. It is totally relaxing and much more "homey." BWV is much more high energy with lots going on all the time. So, it kind of depends on what your style is and what you are looking for.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by ducklite
One other thing to point out--at most of the OKW 1BR Villas, you need to go through the bedroom to get into the bathroom, meaning mom and dad give up a lot of privacy. Although with a 2YO that probably isn't such a big deal.
I agree it's probably not a concern with a 2 yr old, but just wanted to mention that the buildings at OKW that are numbered 30 and over have a second entry to the bathroom (it's thru the laundry room). Only the first phase of buildings have the single entry.

If you have a car, you can park right outside your unit at OKW since it is set up more like an apartment complex. If you park at BWV, you will need to use valet parking since it is far to park at BWV. The buses at OKW are very good. You also have boat transportation to Downtown Disney.

The porch/balcony at OKW is very large. Most views are golfcourse/water views. You have a sleeper sofa and a love seat in the living room at OKW.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The info you provided was very helpful. It looks as though my choice was made for me, BWV is booked over Thanksgiving. I have a OKW ressie that will work.

Thanks again for the info!

We stayed in a 1-BDR. We absolutely loved it. We had been staying in studios every time down there and this last trip we got to stay in a 1-BDR. We had breakfast on the balcony and watched as the golfers tried for the birdies on the putting greens. OKW is very relaxing after a long day at the parks. Was in a 1-BDR at BWV for the tour and they didn't seem nearly as big as OKW. Hope this helps.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter