• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW transportation to MK on Early Morning.

goudaman40

<font color=FF33FF>The TF's say 'Hello'<br><font c
I posted this in dining, but have yet to get a response, so, I am posting here, since it really is a transportation question that I have from a resort. :bounce:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I snagged CRT for 09/21/03 at 8:10 a.m.! We are bringing our nieces with us for their first trip and this is for their Birthday Celebration.

Now here is my question, we are staying at OKW and I just noticed that 09/21 is an "extra magic hour" morning for the MK. When do the bus' start running? Whould it be smarter to drive to the TTC and catch the monorail or boat over that way? Also, do we have to let a CM know at the gate that we have a Priority seating at CRT?

Would it be smart to try and get to the MK for 7:30, because I believe the park opens at 8 that day? I just don't know what to do???

Thanks again,

Tifany

Congrats on snagging CRT!

Personally, I find it a pain to take my car to TTC and then a tram and then the monorail over to MK when the bus lets us off right by the gate. The busses start running according to the hours and I would hazard to guess that they would be running at 7 am for MK. If you drive, you will have a OKW parking thing in your window which will give you access to park at the TTC at no cost.

You could take this question to the Transportation Board; one of the posters, "Chip N Dale Express" is a CM with the busses and he will answer about the bus times.

I just noticed that 09/21 is an "extra magic hour" morning for the MK. When do the bus' start running? Whould it be smarter to drive to the TTC and catch the monorail or boat over that way?

The busses are supposed to run 1/2 hour before park opening. I'll just tell you though that the OKW EE busses were the one complaint I had during our stay there last month.

Out of the 3 mornings we did EE, not one bus made it to the main stop in time to get there by park opening. We were at the stop by 7am once and after that we were there before 7.

I don't know if this we just had incredibly bad luck or if this happens often, but I'd drive if getting there on time was important.

After my very recent stay at the Poly, I would DEFINITELY suggest taking your car. Never again, will I be left to solely depend upon Disney transportation. Even though they tell you 1/2 before the park opens is when the buses start to run, it may take that half hour for the bus to actually get to you. If you want to be on time or early, take your own car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter