OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I will be driving to OKW picking up my DD from college (South Carolina) on the way. I'm expecting to arrive at OKW around 8am. As I don't expect our room to be ready at that hour. I was hoping to take a shower at the HH before hitting the parks. Anything I should know? I'am a DVC Member.
we do that all the time...the showers over by the pool are great with changing areas

Just back; stayed in 2730 - 2 bedroom. It was a great location and loved OKW. Home resort is SSR. Rode rented bikes over there one day and could well we like OKW better.

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to do online check in. Our main request is for building 62, 63 or 64. My DH is in a wheelchair so the elevators would be great.

What area would I request for those buildings? It seems a little confusing trying to pick an area :)

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to do online check in. Our main request is for building 62, 63 or 64. My DH is in a wheelchair so the elevators would be great.

What area would I request for those buildings? It seems a little confusing trying to pick an area :)
Those buildings are part of the Miller's Road area. If you are a DVC member staying on points you should make your request through Member Services rather than online check-in since there is no way to request specific buildings through online check-in.

Those buildings are part of the Miller's Road area. If you are a DVC member staying on points you should make your request through Member Services rather than online check-in since there is no way to request specific buildings through online check-in.

Thank you!!!

Just completed online check in. Requested Millers Rd and close to transportation. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best :)

But if the bus is pretty much full from the other stops how does the scooter get on the bus?

I believe if there aren't other scooters already on the bus, other passengers are required to make way for the new scooters. There's a note on the wall or window near the seats that accomodate wheelchairs and scooters that say passengers in those seats must make way if needed. Not sure of the exact wording, but I've seen people need to move for this reason.

Does anyone know what is the earliest time to fill my coffee mug at Good's Food to Go ? I know that they open at 7:00 but do they let people with resort mugs get refills before that like at some of the other resorts ? Thanks in advance :)

Ok, thinking about renting points for a 2BR for the family. My daughter, her husband and my infant granddaughter would be in the spare bedroom, with my wife and I in the master. My twin grown sons would be camping out in the living room. My question? Because the twins will be sharing our bathroom :rolleyes:, how do I request that we have the passway through the laundry room? I read somewhere where buildings that have numbers >30 have the pass through and the lower ones don't. Can I request "anything with a passthru" or anywhere above #30?

Last edited by a moderator:
My question? Because the twins will be sharing our bathroom :rolleyes:, how do I request that we have the passway through the laundry room? I read somewhere where buildings that have numbers >30 have the pass through and the lower ones don't. Can I request "anything with a passthru" or anywhere above #30?

When you rent the reservation, be sure the DVC Owner OR the broker from whom you rent makes that request for you with Member Services, that you be in a building number above 30. It isn't guaranteed, but I think you'll have a very high chance of success.

Or you could request an area like Old Turtle Pond or South Point, all of those units are 30 or above, but again any request is not guaranteed, but has a high chance of success.

BTW. I edited your post to remove the travel month. We try not to have too much info in posts that could be perceived as requesting a rental. :)

Can you post the contents? My login doesn't work.

You don't need to login. Just click the link. But here is the info, quoted from DVC News:

During the "Legend of Conch Flats" tour, participants will be treated to tales of how Disney Imagineers blended fact and fiction in creating the original Disney Vacation Club resort. The tour focuses on the Hospitality House area of the resort and lasts 45-60 minutes.

The tour is offered at 10am on most Wednesdays and Saturdays. Interested guests should meet in Papa's Den adjacent to the resort front desk. Advance registration is not required and there is no charge for the tour.

With this offering, Old Key West joins a number of other DVC resorts known to offer similar walking tours including Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Guests are encouraged to inquire about similar offerings during their Disney resort stays.

When you rent the reservation, be sure the DVC Owner OR the broker from whom you rent makes that request for you with Member Services, that you be in a building number above 30. It isn't guaranteed, but I think you'll have a very high chance of success.

Or you could request an area like Old Turtle Pond or South Point, all of those units are 30 or above, but again any request is not guaranteed, but has a high chance of success.

BTW. I edited your post to remove the travel month. We try not to have too much info in posts that could be perceived as requesting a rental. :)

Thanks, and no problem on the edit. I actually are going through a broker so wasn't needing that anyway.

I believe there is also a box you can check in the online check-in form requesting the second door---at the very least, you can request those areas.

I have a few questions about OKW:

Approx how long is the boat ride to Disney Springs?

Is there a way to request no door to the master bath from living area?

I have a few questions about OKW:

Approx how long is the boat ride to Disney Springs?

Is there a way to request no door to the master bath from living area?
It's a nice leisurely 15-20 minutes. If you want to access the master bathroom (toilet, sink and shower, but not tub), you need a villa with a door through the laundry room. Currently those are buildings numbered higher than 29. So South Point and Turtle Pond. If you don't want the door through the laundry room, and you want them going through the master bedroom, you'd want Millers Road, Near Hospitality House Area (specific booking category for those) or Peninsular Road villas.

If you definitely want wheelchair access, you need a HC Accessible villa or first floor. Otherwise, you could wind up on the second floor of a building without an elevator. There are villas in the Millers Road area that are near the bus stop that do not have elevators.

I see there is a jogging trail, does that mean there are sidewalks to walk to the lobby from the buildings on Peninsular Rd? I thought I remember there was a break in the sidewalk and you had to walk in the street when going to the lobby.We were in building 46.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter