ok, so if we share ddp meals.......

ShellyMouse

I love Baloo!!
....do they keep track of how many adult meals vs. how many child meals were used?

i never thought about sharing meals to save credits. duh! i'm so glad i found this site.

anyway, it will be me, dh & dd (7 when we go). if we share ts meals or pay oop for hers some of the time, and have, say for example, 6 of her ts meals left........can we use them as adults or would the restaurant know/say we can only order a childs meal?

i don't want to plan all this out, and then find out while there that we can't do this.

thanks! :wave:

There is no such thing as an "adult" or "child" meal on the dining plan, so why would they track something that isn't part of the plan?

You won't have 6 of your DD's meals left, you will just have 6 TS credits left, that according to Disney, anyone in your party (regardless of age) can use at anytime up until midnight on the day you check out.

Just a reminder, the plan is always subject to change, but as of now, Disney does not seperate child from adult credits.. they are all pooled together as TS credits.

Enjoy!

thanks! i just didn't know if they counted them as child/adult since we paid $38.00 for adults and only $11 for hers per day, er night ;) .

so i guess we will make out like bandits if we plan this right, huh? :idea: we could pay for all her $6-7.00 meals oop, and use hers for our $35.00 steaks.

thanks again!

actually, the dining plan says that for those on the childrens dining plan, they MUST order from the child menu when available. (which is almost always). That said, i would assume that no u can't use your dd's TS for your own. esp since adults pay $35/day and children pay around $11 per day...HTH!

Edited to add: that said, whose to know who is eating what at the counter service? if you had lots of your childs counter service meals left, u could go up and order say 2 or 3 and each have a child meal to save some $$ (esp if she was just sharing yours anyway)

just thinking outloud here...

this was a really hot topic when the plan first came out and there was lots of flaming involved. Yes a child must order from the childrens menu when using their credit.........however if they do not use a credit that credit is still on the family's card and it is not noted if it is a credit for a child or an adult. The credits are pooled. So at the end of your meal your reciept will say how many credits you have left. You can do this with CS and TS credits both. Just know that many people consider this dishonest as it is not how the plan was "designed" to be used. However, I think Disney is not dumb and is aware that people do this and have done nothing to change it. Also some of the servers have even suggested it. Also sharing works too. A couple times my DH and I shared our meal and then could have another meal later. Also, you cannot do this (share) with a buffet or all you can eat meal. I suppose you could pay OOP for the kids meals at the buffett. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.

o.k. I'm still a little confused. I think I just read on another thread that they list your credits as AC and CC (adult and child) -so is that true? Or are they pooled all together without the adult or childrens label? Has anyone that has actually used the DP have experience with this? :)

Yes we used it in October, and as stated above they were pooled. I think our card might have said adult 2 child 1 or something like that, but our receipts all just had a total on the bottom..........15ts left for example. We never paid attention to how many of each belonged to what person, we just used them. One night my son slept through dinner so we did not use one for him that night. Our last meal was a buffet type and we had one credit left, they took off one adult meal and charged us for the other adult and one child. There was no way to know if it was an unused adult or child credit, they never asked and automatically took the adult meal off the bill. Earlier in the week we had split a meal and used that credit somewhere else. When my son ordered food he ordered from the kids menu and we used a credit. We don't really know how many credits were used for kid food and how many were used for adult food. We just used the total. We were not trying to steal food or pay kid prices for adult food, this is just how it worked out. In the end our receipts added up to $950 not including needing to leave tip for TS (its included with plan and sometimes we left a little extra) and the plan for us was $480. Although we went during the promotion and got it for free. It was the best deal ever and we will gladly pay for it next time we go.

They are aware that guests are paying for a Child's plan and using it to purchase adult meals. It is not what they planned, but change is slow but it will change.

But for right now the credits are pooled and anyone can use them during the stay.

I'm using the DP for the first time in May - just me and my best friend for a girls' week out while our DHs slog through New Hampshire mud season! On trips w/DH, we always eat TS at least once a day, and I'm sure that will hold true traveling with my friend, too. Now - I KNOW neither of us could finish a TS meal of appetizer, entree, and desert without risk of gastric explosion. :rotfl2: Some of the CS meals are pretty shareable, too. (I'm thinking of the salad at Tusker House)
I'm thinking we could share a few TS meals and pool credits for a dinner show or something. Hoop De Doo is always good for a corny fun!
Will the servers mock us for being cheapos if we share? Is it even allowed?
I'd love to hear more strategic advise on getting the most of the DP.

liv4pixiedust said:
I'm using the DP for the first time in May - just me and my best friend for a girls' week out while our DHs slog through New Hampshire mud season! On trips w/DH, we always eat TS at least once a day, and I'm sure that will hold true traveling with my friend, too. Now - I KNOW neither of us could finish a TS meal of appetizer, entree, and desert without risk of gastric explosion. :rotfl2: Some of the CS meals are pretty shareable, too. (I'm thinking of the salad at Tusker House)
I'm thinking we could share a few TS meals and pool credits for a dinner show or something. Hoop De Doo is always good for a corny fun!
Will the servers mock us for being cheapos if we share? Is it even allowed?
I'd love to hear more strategic advise on getting the most of the DP.
My husband and I shared a meal at Sci-fi and it was more than enough, we just said we wanted to share and use one credit, they said that was fine. We had spinach and artichoke dip to start, a shake as our beverage and some water, a rib plate and a hot fudge sundae for dessert. Not exactly low fat or nutritious, but hey it is vacation. All are meals were not that heavy. We came home weighing less as we walked so much.

Thanks for the reply PoohHappens. I've been looking through some of the menus on allears and feel sure we have some wiggle room. At least we will until we eat all this Disney food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter