• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

OHHHHH i need to vent to people whoi understand !!!!

tinksgilrs251520

I want to be at WDW
So my husband and I got into an argument yesterday and he threw up a comment to me that i am basically have a love affair with a theme park?? And i looked at him and said really (by the way he is having an affair with someone on facebook, that he went to high school with and yes they have met) and that I spend way to much if my time thinking about Disney....... So i guess my question is has this argument came up with anybody else? Now mind you I never put a payment to Disney before and of the bills for the house and my checks basically pay for my trips...Please offer me some advice :confused3

So my husband and I got into an argument yesterday and he threw up a comment to me that i am basically have a love affair with a theme park?? And i looked at him and said really (by the way he is having an affair with someone on facebook, that he went to high school with and yes they have met) and that I spend way to much if my time thinking about Disney....... So i guess my question is has this argument came up with anybody else? Now mind you I never put a payment to Disney before and of the bills for the house and my checks basically pay for my trips...Please offer me some advice :confused3

OP, your problem really isn't about your love of Disney, is it? It's the issue of you and DH being disconnected for various reasons. No answers just sympathy.

I'm so sorry you are having a tough time, sometimes when things are rough it's easy to attack someone with anything they have an interest in. Espically in the heat of the moment we all say things we don't mean. Best wishes for you and your DH during this difficult time.

He's projecting.

"I'm talking to ex-GF on FB because you're already having an affair (with a theme park :lmao:)"

Completely rediculous and irrational - points for originality with the theme park for a lover - but, yeah, they try. My ex tried to bounce his infidelity back on me telling me that I MUST have been having an affair because I got a WHOLE. HOUR. for lunch. What else could I possibly be doing during that time?

OK so does he know you know about his FB affair? If so, it's his way of throwing dirt back at ya, takes the focus off of him, my X did something simular to this. I was married almost 25 years before I realized some people will never grow up & take resposibility. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I gave it my best shot :confused3

My new husband knows my love for Disney & how much it takes me to my happy place so now we're DVC members. He could care less how often I go without him because it makes me happy!

Now granted everyone's situation is different, I no longer have to cart around little kids which saves me money & I'm 51.

I would suggest, & I'm just throwing it out there, some marriage counseling.

You can't change others, you can only change yourself. Best of luck on your journey, it's sounding a little bumpy.

A "love affair" with disney & an affair with somebody on Facebook are two totally different things....There is no comparison. Hugs to you.....I wouldn't mind my DH having an affair with a theme park, but he better not go near another woman!! :mad: I agree with a previous poster...sound slike counseling is in order.

Um... Without knowing the details beyond what was posted or the argument that spurred the comments...

This isn't so much about a "love affair" with a theme park, or even Disney in general, but an argument between a married couple where the wife doesn't trust the husband and the husband thinks the wife is too focused on something external. The root of the issue is the same... Mutual resentment over people's behaviors and priorities.

Regardless, my suggestion even if I'm off-base is the same... This is an issue best not explored on a website that deals with what you're supposedly too focused on... For a number of reasons.

Sorry, you lost me after saying he is having an affair.

That pretty much makes the rest of what you said completely irrelevant.

1) No offense intended, but marital spats shouldn't be on any website
2) Secondly, no one should be commenting with their opinion on the matter as it is too personal and they should know it, but also because they don't know the entire story at all.

Basically, delete it, if that doesn't happen, folks, let it be....

My love of WDW has never been the source of an argument.

But the more I read the OP, the more confused I get.....:confused3

Firstly, there are so many of us on here that are the Dis Freaks of the family that we all understand each other, talk about the place and these boards all the time, and secretly plan our spur of the moments trips . This is where we do it. We all avoid the "eyes glazed over" from the partner for talking disney all the time. Just spend time talking with us, only tell him about Disney when needed. We listen! :goodvibes

Regarding the mentioning of the affair: All I can do is offer some sympathy in this difficult time and suggest what others have mentioned: a marriage counselor.

Best of luck to you.

You are asking if this argument has come up for any of us about our love of Disney. For me, not really. My DH thinks I'm a little nutty, but he listens (or glazes over :laughing:) and he does go to Disney with us and enjoys himself. I always ask his permission before booking any trip and since I am the finance person in our household, I show him how we will pay for it without going into debt or paying any interest or carrying balances (etc.) Communication is key!

I have to agree with other posters that it does sound like there is a lack of communication with your husband and yourself and perhaps there are some other driving issues behind his comments that don't have to do with Disney. I also highly recommend that you speak to a counselor and hopefully your husband too (whether separately or together or both).

And I think it is just fine that you reached out on the DIS boards with this - you need someone to listen and to give some advice. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter