• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana

laura001

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to book Ohana for the beginning of July which is day 7 of our vacation and there is nothing available at all, including the few days before and days after. Anyone else have this issue?

I was bummed because I didn't check early enough and thought it was entirely my fault that I missed out, but since then I've talked to several other people who've been checking reservations for Ohana from a week before I could have made one, and there was nothing then, and still nothing now. There apparently has not been an available Ohana rez during my booking window for the entire time I'll be there. I'm hoping somebody cancels at the last minute and I'm quick and lucky, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm hearing people have the same trouble with Space 220 and a couple other super popular places -- they check at the exact instant down to the minute that their window opens, and it's already all gone. I wish I knew where all those rezzes are going. Obviously someone is getting in. Just not us.

I had a similar situation with Ohana for our June stay. Nothing 60+8 or any other day. I just happened to check earlier this week and there were several times available for our party of 7 on the day we wanted, so worth checking periodically!

I had my pick of times for early July, but it was 60+6. I'm sure if you keep checking one will pop up.

There was only times after 9:00 pm for me yesterday at 60+4. I booked a 9:25 but I will likely cancel because I realistically don’t want to eat that late.

I have had better luck booking adr's same day or a couple of days out. I know it's not ideal but you can definitely do it.

So, my inbox just dinged alerting me to an opening for Ohana on May 28th at 7:45, I happened to be staring at my email when it came in, and I GOT IT!!!!

It's not ideal, we're checking out the next morning and I really hate feeling rushed on Ohana night. I do not want to have to waddle back to the room stuffed so full I'm in danger of popping open and then have to spend two hours packing. But I'll take it because it's far better than nothing. Maybe a better available time will pop up before then, and I can release the rez on the 28th into the wilds for some other desperate person.

(also, if anyone here also got the alert for that reservation and didn't hit it in time, I'm so sorry)

We're going at the start of June. I just keep checking back multiple times a day (I work night shifts) and found a reservation popped up at 3am! Just keep checking back, especially the week before in case people are cancelling last minute. Good luck!

Something is definitely up with Ohana and it’s reservations. We have 60+10 for July 8 and there literally is not a single reservation for a group of 4. That is just literally impossible. I check at 5:30 all the way up to 6:00 am. Something is completely off…

I had a similar situation with Ohana for our June stay. Nothing 60+8 or any other day. I just happened to check earlier this week and there were several times available for our party of 7 on the day we wanted, so worth checking periodically!
That's the thing...you gotta keep checking. People will cancel at the last minute because of a thousand things so you never know:flower3:

Something is definitely up with Ohana and it’s reservations. We have 60+10 for July 8 and there literally is not a single reservation for a group of 4. That is just literally impossible. I check at 5:30 all the way up to 6:00 am. Something is completely off…
I agree, if you can't get it 60+10 when it drops that's a glitch, that's not there's just no times left. Something obviously isn't droping like it's supposed to or no one would ever get a reservation

To avoid paying a cancellation/no-show fee, people will often cancel a reservation closer to the date it was scheduled. I would check again a few days before you want to eat somewhere in the event some new timeslots appear that were previously not available.

Were you looking for an 'Ohana reservation at 70 days out? If not, everyone who is coming a little bit before you are, and are looking for the same restaurant on the same day you are will get their chance before you do.

Say you're coming on the 8th for a 4 day trip. (8th-11th), and you to go to 'Ohana on your 3rd day, the 10th of the month. Anyone coming to Disney anytime the week before you are (starting between the 1st and the 7th) and staying until at least the 10th would get their chance to go reserve this restaurant before your window opens.

I'm not the person you're replying to but for what it's worth, I have a 60+10 and Ohana was not available even the same hour the booking window opened. It somehow filled up within a few minutes. Luckily someone cancelled the other day and I got a late dinner slot on my last day, which is the one day I did not want, but I took it anyway because that may be all I can get. I still have the alerts up and maybe someone will cancel a better slot.

Look the day or 2 before you want to dine as well. I work nights so often browse dining reservations for next day, and there have been both breakfast and dinner 'Ohana reservations open.

So basically people who aren't staying on site never get O'hana reservations in advance?

I AM staying onsite and had a 60+10 window and Ohana was still completely gone within minutes. There are lots of people who hoard reservations, and I've heard rumors of slots being sold for money but that seems suspicious to me since you can't switch it to another name and you can't guarantee that a certain person gets your spot when you cancel. I would not be surprised if people try to sell them anyway, you name something in Disney and there's people trying to sell it, but I bet it doesn't work real well.

I eventually managed to grab Ohana a few days ago by using a site that sends you alerts when there's an opening, but keep in mind it sends the same alert to anyone who set it up so you need to click within a minute or two otherwise it's gone. I have Ohana for the last night of my trip which is not good, but it's the only thing I've been able to get. If a better time opens up I'll release the reservation and somebody else can grab it.

This is always the first ADR we book. Family favorite. However, our meal a couple of weeks ago was probably the worst we've had, only because of the entrees. The bread and that magical first skillet was still amazing. Wings, stickers and noodles all so good. But the steak, which we ordered medium rare and they nailed it was still like shoe leather. Chicken was bone dry. Shrimp was flavorless. Getting hard to justify the price as 2 of my kids are now Disney adults.

Oh and bread pudding still great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter