'Ohana

sharpemom

Earning My Ears
Hi! We have an Ohana dinner reservation for six people, but I just found out that my mom's boyfriend will be joining us also. It's at 5:50 PM. I cannot find a table for seven at any time that afternoon or evening. Should we try to squeeze into a table for six? Or should we try to find a different dining option?

You can try to see if they'll squeeze him in, but 'Ohana is an extremely busy restaurant. Have a backup plan for one person if you decide to try that.

Hi! We have an Ohana dinner reservation for six people, but I just found out that my mom's boyfriend will be joining us also. It's at 5:50 PM. I cannot find a table for seven at any time that afternoon or evening. Should we try to squeeze into a table for six? Or should we try to find a different dining option?
It's not up to you to 'squeeze in' an extra person - O'Hana reserves that right.

Look for a table of 1- or 2-people for about the same time you have your ADR. That'd give you a better chance to combine with your existing ADR for 6-people.

Not sure there are tables for 7 at 'Ohana, maybe try getting an ADR for 8 people? 'Ohana is so busy at all times it's a pretty big risk to try to accommodate an extra person.

This seems to be happening a lot lately. It's not just a matter of squeezing another person in. There are fire codes and wait staff room to get around that the restaurant also has to consider.

You have three things you can do. The first is to sign up with Touring Plans ADR finder (it's free). They will continually check and alert you if something opens, but you have to be QUICK to grab it. Second keep trying for an ADR for 8 (not 7) as even numbers are always easier than odd. Third, when you check for 8, if nothing is available, then check for 2 and see if there's something around the same time as your current ADR. They may not be able to seat you together, but at least mom and her boyfriend will have a table and be able to eat at the same time.

I guess you also have the 4th of cancelling altogether, but I wouldn't keep the 6 and show up with 7 unless you are prepared to be told, "I'm sorry" and have to decide then who is going to eat and who isn't.

If u end up asking to squeeze in an extra person, be prepared to wait. I could not get a Skippers Canteen ADR for more than 6 ppl (even booking at 180 days). We had a group of 7. Waited about half an hour (they warned us when we asked). We were tired and just sat in the AC waiting area.

Ohana always has a long wait normally too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter