Ohana question

Wenda

Mouseketeer
for anyone who has eaten dinner there recently - from the new to me menu it looks they no longer have the skewers of meat or else it is just steak. Is this true? When we were there several years ago they had steak, pork and turkey.

Ate there a few nights ago and the skewers included chicken, steak and shrimp! All were cooked just right and delicious!

We ate here on Thursday and they had skewers of chicken, steak, and shrimp, along with dumplings, and a platter of noodles, vegetables, and chicken wings. And the amazing bread pudding dessert!!

We ate there at the same time as @areno79 . YUM! not sure what is offputting about the menu, I remember going when it was steak pork and turkey and I'd rather have chicken and shrimp over pork and turkey any day of the week. I was always a fan but I think this last time at Ohana might be our best Ohana meal yet (or maybe just your last always is), and I've been going for years and years and years (back in the chef TJ days even, lol). I remember when they first went to shrimp and they had those HUGE prawns already peeled and they always seemed overcooked. Then they switched to the huge shell on prawns which helped a little but mostly was a big sticky mess getting the shell off. I think for the bigger shrimp you have to cook them so long on the grill that the outside gets tough (and welded to the shell) by the time the inside is cooked. This time they had what I would call "medium to large" size shrimp and they were cooked PERFECTLY, so tender and sweet with just a hint of smoky flavor and easy to peel and slit down the back. I want them right now. I wish I went there on a night when I could go back and beach myself in bed, because I held back quite a bit knowing we were going to MVMCP... I wish I ate like 4x as much shrimp, lol. IMO Ohana is better than it's ever been.

Last edited:
We ate there at the same time as @areno79 . YUM! not sure what is offputting about the menu, I remember going when it was steak pork and turkey and I'd rather have chicken and shrimp over pork and turkey any day of the week. I was always a fan but I think this last time at Ohana might be our best Ohana meal yet (or maybe just your last always is), and I've been going for years and years and years (back in the chef TJ days even, lol). I remember when they first went to shrimp and they had those HUGE prawns already peeled and they always seemed overcooked. Then they switched to the huge shell on prawns which helped a little but mostly was a big sticky mess getting the shell off. I think for the bigger shrimp you have to cook them so long on the grill that the outside gets tough (and welded to the shell) by the time the inside is cooked. This time they had what I would call "medium to large" size shrimp and they were cooked PERFECTLY, so tender and sweet with just a hint of smoky flavor and easy to peel and slit down the back. I want them right now. I wish I went there on a night when I could go back and beach myself in bed, because I held back quite a bit knowing we were going to MVMCP... I wish I ate like 4x as much shrimp, lol. IMO Ohana is better than it's ever been.
DH is allergic to shrimp so in solidarity I don't eat it at home. I was thrilled hey had it on the skewers at Ohana because I didn't feel guilty for taking some! They were perfectly cooked (and I'm picky with how my seafood is cooked being from New England and all), and the spice was just right!

Ohana is hands down my favourite meal of our trip always! Almost everyone I've gone there with has found something they really enjoy on the menu, and I love the the skewers allow everyone different choices! So worth the trip there!

We were very disappointed in our meal at Ohana last summer and will not be returning. The service was slow for non meat items. One of the servers dropped hot food in my lap twice without apology and we found the food to be generally over salted. We have been when it's been good so we've noticed a decline in service and quality. We won't be going back.

Was not a fan of Ohana! Read very mixed reviews so I thought I would try for myself. Went for DD 16th bday dinner. Food was plentiful, but not appetizing to us! Noodles probably would have been good, if they were hot. Pot stickers with dipping sauces were the best part, but again, were cold. Steak was undercooked for my liking (I prefer med. well, but can deal with med...but this was a slight moo!) Very noisy as well. I would not return for the $$ charged.

can hardly wait..we have been three years in a row and decided to go on our actual...50th wedding anniversary..we are excited for our trip..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter