Ohana or Captain Cook's before Wishes Cruise

Indecisive

Mouseketeer
I realize this may be a bit of a funny question since one is a popular table service restaurant and the other is quick serve, but I still think it is worth asking. My family has a Wishes cruise booked in May. We have a pre-Wishes ressie booked at Ohana. I have gone a little crazy with some splurges on this trip and am thinking about cutting some fat where we might not miss it. I have never been to Ohana or Captain Cook's. It seems that Ohana has mostly positive reviews, but a noticeable number of people have had bad experiences there (maybe this restaurant is a bit inconsistent). As far as I have seen, people seem to love Captain Cook's. I wonder if it is worth it to save $$ before our big splurge Wishes cruise and just have some tasty Captain Cook's and a Dole Whip (which we have also never had!) rather than shell out for Ohana?

What would you do? Thanks in advance!

You're right! Two totally different dining experiences!!
But, 'we' would not miss the opportunity to dine at 'Ohanas as we absolutely love it. So, in reality, only you can make that decision as you'll get lots of opinions - one way or the other! :P We've not had any bad experiences with the food or service in the many years we have dined there. (by the way, 'all' restaurants have had some 'bad' reviews)

I think a lot of confusion on people feeling rushed is because it is served 'family' style, which mean all the dishes except meats are brought out at once. Some seem to think it should be served in 'courses', but we would hate to just have one dish at a time! We've always taken our time.

Good luck on your decision!

Do you really want an AYCTE gorge-festival that frequently runs late before a cruise?

It is like comparing apples & oranges. If you want the feel of Polynesia with all the trimmings, then Ohana. If you want a small food court then Captain Cooks. $$ not considered, I would pick Ohana in a heartbeat.

You're right! Two totally different dining experiences!!
But, 'we' would not miss the opportunity to dine at 'Ohanas as we absolutely love it.

Thank you for sharing your opinion!

Do you really want an AYCTE gorge-festival that frequently runs late before a cruise?

Hmmmm. Never having been there, it didn't occur to me that the ADR might make us late for our cruise. That would be very bad! Something to consider . . . . I'm not sure I follow the part about the gorge-festival though. Our Wishes cruise is just a boat with captain that we rented. There is no food on board except some bags of chips, unless we order something, so I am not sure it matters much whether or not we gorge beforehand?

It is like comparing apples & oranges. If you want the feel of Polynesia with all the trimmings, then Ohana. If you want a small food court then Captain Cooks. $$ not considered, I would pick Ohana in a heartbeat.

Hi! Yes, I know it is like apples and oranges, which I mentioned at the outset, but sometimes you do need to choose between an apple and an orange! Thank you for sharing your opinion. I appreciate it!

Some people, even on quiet lakes, don't do well with full tummies on boats.

(Meet my daughter. Puke puke.)

Oh my! That had never occurred to me! Thanks for the clarification. That is worth considering. My older son has never had an issue (so far) the rare times he has been on boats, but he is prone to car sickness, so perhaps we should consider being conservative with tummies!

My daughter is an especially unique and crystalline snowflake and I am convinced she does these things willfully just to be a nuisance, but others think I'm uncharitable toward my own precious darling.

My daughter is an especially unique and crystalline snowflake and I am convinced she does these things willfully just to be a nuisance, but others think I'm uncharitable toward my own precious darling.

Far be it from me to second-guess your assessment. :magnify::sick::boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter