'Ohana not available for reservations

dan40

Mouseketeer
I just tried to get into 'Ohana to make a reservation but during the week of April 23rd there is NOTHING available! Is there something going on this week? Or is it just THAT difficult to get a reservation here? This is one of my favourite restaurants but if I can't get in, I won't be going. You'd think 60+ days in advance would be enough time to get a spot!

Do they offer seats for 1-person walk-ins?

I would guess that since it is the week after Easter lots of schools are on break so it very easily could be booked solid. Walk-ins are close to impossible. Just keep checking for cancellations, especially the day before.

Well, I made a reservation at Kona, right next door for breakfast. But I'll keep checking, thanks.

I doubt you will get a walk in but I bet if you check daily for 1 or 2 the week leading up to your stay you will be able to snag a reservation. DW and I have had luck here, BOG and Le Cellier for same day or next day reservations just by checking the app.

'Ohana is the second most difficult ADR to get at 180 days, behind BOG. I am sure it is fully booked for a night in April during Spring Break time.
They do not keep tables for any walkins.
As stated, keep checking, folks do cancel all the time.

I had this problem the other day. I even checked as far out as it would let me. Then the next day some came up. They may not be the times you want but they had some. I was looking for breakfast. Then when it worked I got 835. I'd try again. For sure.

Ohana is so difficult to get even at 180 days and even during non peak times. I had my 180 yesterday and of course the system wasn't working so I had to wait the hour to call and I couldn't get the exact time I wanted. It was only a half hour later but we go in mid August when it's not that busy & it's only the 2 of us. I can't imagine trying to snag it during peak times! Good luck!

'Ohana does not take walk-ins, and the bar next door will not serve the feast.

WDW is a180 day reservation, not 60, like DL. It is one of the most popular restaurants on property for breakfast and dinner. Availability will be a challenge any time after 180, especially for specific dates or times.

Reservations will open up, especially in the couple of days leading up to your dinner so people can avoid the no-show fee.

I just tried to get into 'Ohana to make a reservation but during the week of April 23rd there is NOTHING available! Is there something going on this week? Or is it just THAT difficult to get a reservation here? This is one of my favourite restaurants but if I can't get in, I won't be going. You'd think 60+ days in advance would be enough time to get a spot!

Havent been able to get one (except for a 9:40 on 1 night) for any trip in the last few years including 90 days out.

We were at WDW 11/30 - 12/8. I made all my ADRs for this trip right on the morning of the 180 day mark. I was unable to find any availability for Ohana, which is a must do every trip for us. I called WDW dining several times and they said no availability. For weeks I stalked the MDE app dining reservations and one day, magically, a reservation opened up at 8:30 at night. It was later than I really wanted but it turned out to be perfect because they sat our group of 6 right at the window with a Magic Kingdom View. We had an amazing view of Wishes. Anyway, my point here is that if you can't find a reservation now, keep looking several times daily. People cancel and you may find something that works.

It's a tough one to get for sure. Keep looking, check the ADR cancellation thread for April here on the Dis. I've had tremendous luck with the reservation finder over at Touring Plans.

It is a tough get to begin with.

BUT part of the problem is looking for an ADR for 1. The system at 'Ohana HATES solo guests - and from what I understand is not a fan of odd-numbered parties. Try searching for 2. As long as you show up, no charge for the "ghost". They are aware this is a system glitch - apparently predominately for 'Ohana as other family-style places will take 1.

It is available for breakfast during that week. I just checked and saw availability on 4/29 for 3.

On my last trip, I was able to score a 5:00 dinner for 3 the week before we left. I also got CTR for lunch and BOG for breakfast. People do cancel last minute...just keep checking.

It is a tough get to begin with.

BUT part of the problem is looking for an ADR for 1. The system at 'Ohana HATES solo guests - and from what I understand is not a fan of odd-numbered parties. Try searching for 2. As long as you show up, no charge for the "ghost". They are aware this is a system glitch - apparently predominately for 'Ohana as other family-style places will take 1.

As a solo traveler, I have never been able to make ADR for 1 at 'Ohana. I make ADR for 2 & am not charged for extra person.

As a solo traveler, I have never been able to make ADR for 1 at 'Ohana. I make ADR for 2 & am not charged for extra person.

Exactly what I was saying. It is a known glitch in their system that it will not find availability for 1. You have to search for 2 - and you are not charged for the ghost.

All of your attempts to make a reservation at Ohana should be for two people even though it's just for 1 person. It won't be a problem when you show up alone. Keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter