O'hana(character bkfst)& Le Cellier

marksmith

Mouseketeer
day 5-Thursday 4/12

Only 1 character meal this trip, as DD is now 10 amd we have done character meals many times prior. We were staying at the Poly and DD loves Lilo and Stitch, so O'hana it was.

Characters were great as always and view across the lagoon towards the castle pretty neat. Food was by far the worst on our entire trip. How can you mess up basic breakfast food? The Poly has such good baked goods and in general, until this meal all the food we had at the various Poly locations was very good. If you love Lilo and Stitch and/or are convienent to the Poly have fun with this meal, otherwise skip it for a better character meal experience.

Le Cellier-Have never eaten here before, so we were eagerly anticipating this meal. Arrived 10 min. early for our 700 ADR and were told they did not have our reservation. Upon review, it was determined that apparently a key punch error had occured by disney dining when making the ADR, as it was obvious all of other meals were shown in succession, while this ADR was dated 6/12 not 4/12. Long story short we were seated at 730.

We ordered a bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir, which was listed as a special offering for the year of a million dreams. Alas, the dream ended as the restaurant was out of this bottle. A substitute Canadian Pinot Noir was offered, which we did not find acceptable; so A couple of Molson Canadians for me and glass or two of Shiraz for DW and we were cooking again.

Started with ceasar salad and famous cheese soup-both average. For entrees DD had filet, DW mushroom filet and I the 140z, sirloin with a creamed spinach side. DD filet was really good-she ate it all and my steak and spinach, absolutely great.Perhaps the best steak I have ever had in disney.

Dw's mushroom filet-not good, I would like to blame DW for ordering medium well( a sin), but in fact it was either not a great piece of meat and/or the sauce very strange. She went onto a creme brulee(her favorite) sampler, but again nothing special. DD had the much asked about chocolate moose-she liked it.

Paid the check at 855 and walked outside to a wonderful Illuminations show. All in all a great day at WDW, but a very hit or miss expierence at the Canadian steakhouse. I will say to the person you could not ask for nicer young people working at his pavilion. Dont know if this will merit a return visit(definetly not on our October trip).

Final installment this pm-Lua and suggestions wanted for next trip

Thanks for posting your review.:thumbsup2

Very sad to hear they have messed up the breakfast food at Ohana! We have always loved the breakfast there. What exactly was bad about the food?

I agree with your accessment of Le Cellier, very hit or miss.

Sausage, bacon, mickey waffles.,biscuits all overcooked/dry. Scrambled eggs and potatoes ok(alot of seasoning on potatoes). Also noticed a fresh fruit plate on other tables as we were leaving. This may have saved the day. Maybe just a bad morning in the O'hano kitchen.

good reviews - whenever we eat at le cellier, i get the sauce on the side (like that maple flavored BBQ thing that comes with the filet) - that way, it's not overwhelming

Thanks for the explanation. That doesn't sound very good. And they didn't give you any fresh fruit!:sad2:

I have to agree with marksmith:sad1: ....we visited the character breakfast yesterday morning and I was dissapointed.

The hotel is beautiful, and the view is priceless but it seems like the cast members were just plain lost. We checked in at the desk because we had priority seating,and then stood there waiting for someone to call our name. This seems like an average way of doing things but there were SO many people just waiting at the entrance you could very easily miss your name.

The Host, or guy who sat us, spoke very poor english and we did not understand most of what he said.The tables to our right and left got fresh fruit, a basket of bread and drinks before we even saw our server. I had to ask for the bread and the server said it was the hosts job to bring it to the table...well, if she saw we didn't have any is it not HER job then???

The food, once it arrived, was good and of course the characters made up for the issues that made us feel let out.I just wish the unorganization could go away..there has to be a more organized way for people to be seated and taken care of.

Overall, Good food, great views, just poor flow of the food delivery.
Step up the show O'Hauna we expect better service!!:mad:

Thanks for the review! Sad to hear that a few of my favorites have gone downhill.

BTW, it's OHANA. O'Hanas is an Irish restaurant!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter