'Ohana at 3:30pm

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
I was able to score a week-of 'Ohana reservation. Unfortunately, it is at 3:30pm. This will probably work for us, as we are eating an early breakfast and can just snack until it's time for 'Ohana.

I see that 'Ohana opens at 3:30pm. Is there any reason why we should NOT dine at the opening time? Will there be a crowd of people waiting to get in, and if so, should we arrive a bit early? I'm just not sure what to expect.

I would think the first ADR of the day would be the best one. They don't fill every table right at 3:30, so you should have great service and fresh food. We have been the first ADR of the day at Cape May dinner twice and it was fantastic. We were our servers only table for the first little bit.

You'll be fine. In my opinion with 'Ohana, the earlier, the better! They tend to get backed up with seating times, so I think this will work out great for you.

We've eaten at opening and it was great! They had a little opening ceremony and we were seated and served quickly.

Yea opening would be a great time for all the reasons mentioned if it fits your schedule. You won't be disappointed!

We had better luck the earlier the reservation. I could tell this last time when we had a 5:15 things were starting to get hectic.

We just returned and had a 4:15 ADR for Ohana. We really liked it, and it was very easy to get in and get out. The restaurant filled quite a bit while we were there, but we did not wait to be seated and the food started coming out right away. If I had one negative comment, we felt that the food may have been coming out too fast, likely to get more people in quickly. We felt we were a bit rushed, but the food was excellent and it did give us time to digest it before going to bed.

My advice as someone who has eaten there many times... SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT.

I second this!! I always eat way too much and can only take a few bites of dessert.. next time I am going to save plenty of room for that delicious bread pudding :)

You can't get fresher food. It will be awesome. :)

My Ohana tips--

Get a Lapu Lapu.

Ask for--insist upon--butter for your bread. It's macadamia nut butter and is super delicious.

If you prefer any of the skewers to be more or less cooked, let them know. They are usually happy to bring you rarer steak or charred shrimp.

Ask for extra ice cream on the side with dessert. The ice cream put on initially will often melt away due to the baked pudding and hot Foster sauce. Without extra on the side, you'll miss the wonderful sensation of cold ice cream in the same bite as warm pudding.

Have fun! :)

We had a 3:45 ADR last month and it was great. Didn't have to wait to be seated, food was fresh and it wasn't crazy crowded yet.

I'm glad to hear they gradually fill the restaurant. I had pictured hundreds of people waiting to be seated at the exact same time.

my favorite time to dine. Service is attentive (they havne't gotten crazy yet) food is hot and fresh, did not have to wait for anything, seated at a window table immediately (and without asking). plenty of time to walk it off before bed. think of it like "sunday dinner"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter