Official TINKERBELL 1/2 MARATHON DIS MEET to benefit GIVE KIDS THE WORLD! 1/29/2012

YellowMickeyPonchos

Remember when everyone had one?
Tinkerbell Half Marathon Meet Plans

The DIS Disneyland Podcast Team will be hosting a fun DIS Meet the morning of the Tinkerbell Half Marathon to support our own DIS Podcaster (oc_tony) Tony Spittell's run to raise money for Power of 10’s support of Give Kids the World.

All of the Disneyland Podcast Team will be there, plus DISboards owner, Pete Werner and Walter Echols from the DIS Unplugged Orlando Podcast Team.

Just Announced!
If you are at the resort on Thursday night (January, 26), we are sponsoring a 7:00pm party at the Grand Californian to raise additional donations for Give Kids the World!
Appetizers and beverages will be provided.
Guests who make a contribution that night will receive a raffle ticket, to be drawn at our Tinkerbell Half Marathon Meet at Tangaroa Terrace on Sunday!

Please PM Nancy (yellowmickeyponchos) with your RSVP and we will make sure you get a call or text with the Villa room number. Thanks to the wonderful DISer, grizbuzz, who is hosting!

PRE-RACE DAY MEET

Looking at the race map, we’ve decided to gather for the first part of the meet at 5:30am (before the 5:45am race start) by the fountain between Tortilla Jo’s and House of Blues. Bring any noisemakers, clappers, horns, and banners you want to help encourage the runners as they move through Downtown Disney to mile-marker 4 and out into the streets of Anaheim.

If you would like to make a contribution for Give Kids the World at any part of the meet, we will have raffle tickets handy to give you in return for your donation. Those who brave that hour of the morning to help us cheer will get an additional raffle ticket! We’ll take your name down, as well, just in case you can’t make the final portion of the meet.

Several venues, including La Brea Bakery, will have coffee and warm beverages for sale, so grab one and head over!

FINISH LINE MEET

As the runners progress through the race, we’ll move our cheering squad down Disneyland Drive and over toward the finish line
, to help Tony get through that last mile.
Ideally, we’ll grab a spot on Katella, just west of Disneyland Drive, before the final turn into the Finish Line/Family Reunion area in the Simba parking lot.

POST-RACE VICTORY MEET

Finally, we’ll be reconvening around 11- 11:30am at the Tangaroa Terrace, in the heart of the Disneyland Hotel, for a post-race celebration and the biggest part of our DIS Meet
!
This is our favorite new venue for food, atmosphere, and fun and we want to share that with all of you!

At the Tangaroa, we’ll continue giving raffle tickets to those who contribute to Give Kids the World. At 1:00pm, we will have our drawing and you will not want to miss it!

Some of our raffle prizes include: collectible Disney posters, two CARS LAND lanyards from Mickey’s of Glendale, DIS lanyards, and maybe a couple of surprises- like chances to join Tony for a Dining Review or joining in on Disneyland Podcast recording!

In fact, if we collect our goal of $2000, Pete will be giving away a GRAND SURPRISE PRIZE! He promises that the winner WILL travel somewhere!

We hope to see many of you there. Even if you aren't running, your support means a lot to those who are, as well as all of the terminally ill children that are served by Give Kids the World. If you are a DISer running the race, send your ChEAR Squad over to join us, so they will have a fun crowd to hang with!

If you’d like to find out more about our goal and our charity, please check out Tony’s page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/disdlteam/marathon

For more on the Power of 10 and Give Kids the World, visit:

http://www.powerof10.us/.

If you have questions, send an email to dlpodcast@wdwinfo.com.

Oh how I wish I could be there - but alas work WILL get in the way so! :)
Is there a way for those of us unable to be there to contribute?

Oh how I wish I could be there - but alas work WILL get in the way so! :)
Is there a way for those of us unable to be there to contribute?

You bet, Bonnie! Go to the Firstgiving link (the To Find Out More) in the original post and that will take you to the donation page!

Thanks for your support!!!

I just updated the thread with our new Thursday night party! Those who contribute there also receive a raffle ticket!

Hope you can make it!!! PM me with your RSVP!

Tony has made the goal!!!! I think there is going to be a VERY special surprise in our raffle that you won't want to miss!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi Nancy,
I just sent you a PM, I'm happy to help with anything you need for the meet.
Kelly

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of DISers/WISHers this weekend!! And lets raise some more moo-la for GKTW!!!

Saw this thread over on the DL forum and thought some of the folks attending this event might be interested. :drinking:

Our Grand Villa Meet was a fabulous success!

We had a great crowd and were able to collect an additional $188 for GKTW!

Thanks to everyone who came tonight and got themselves raffle tickets! We look forward to seeing you later in the weekend!

Special thanks to Jen for hosting! You throw a great party! :cool1:

Good luck this weekend Tony! Fly to the finish line!

Our Grand Villa Meet was a fabulous success!

We had a great crowd and were able to collect an additional $188 for GKTW!

Thanks to everyone who came tonight and got themselves raffle tickets! We look forward to seeing you later in the weekend!

Special thanks to Jen for hosting! You throw a great party! :cool1:

:cool1: Glad the meet was such a success and great job on the fundraising! Wish we could have been there with you.

We were supposed to arrive at DL Sunday afternoon just after the Tangaroa Terrace meet :headache:, but just a few days ago changed our plane tickets so we are now arriving Saturday afternoon. We're so excited to meet everyone and cheer Tony and his tutu on in the race. :cheer2:

I'm planning on trying to come to the early morning meet on Sunday, but DL is open until midnight Saturday, so I'm not entirely sure I'll make it up and out that early. Also, I have never actually met any of you in person so I'm not exactly sure who I'll be looking for. Should I expect to see a group of GKTW/DIS t-shirts? And you'll have raffle tickets for sale there at DTD, right? As well as at Tangaroa Terrace? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!