Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Characters meet from 8 a.m-7:30 p.m Good guys- Luke and Leia-commisary lane(guessing old disney star wars stop) Chewie-Star tours Clone troopers-Streets of america c3po and r2d2-darth mall limited sets Queen Amidala-ABC Soundstage Disney star wars-Darth mall Bad guys- Bounty hunters-studio backlot darth maul-studio backlot Darth Vader-Streets of America

Thanks so much for all the new info today
So it looks like the characters are meeting earlier this year?
I seem to remember reading on here that Chewie officially started meeting at 8:30 but would some times appear at 8:15am last year
I will be really happy if the meet starts at 8:00am as I want to head straight there at RD and meet before our 8:40am Sci-Fi reservation :)
Is the 8am start official?

Thanks so much for all the new info today
So it looks like the characters are meeting earlier this year?
I seem to remember reading on here that Chewie officially started meeting at 8:30 but would some times appear at 8:15am last year
I will be really happy if the meet starts at 8:00am as I want to head straight there at RD and meet before our 8:40am Sci-Fi reservation :)
Is the 8am start official?

Not all characters come our right at 8am. I know Vader did and maybe the Disney SW ones, Chewie would come out around 8:15. You're gonna have to keep an eye out for Kenny's post. Or if you're going the first Friday keep us posted.

General Tips:
1.- Keep Cool: drink plenty of water and gatorade/powerade. We usually bring washcloths and dump them in cold water and put them around our necks. Don't wait to hydrate. I've seen plenty of people just collapse because of dehydration. Heat in Florida is no joke. Bring a dark (black better) umbrella and use it while waiting for characters, parade, anything outdoors
2.- Make a plan: prioritize, what do you want most of all out of your SWW day. And work from there. It's impossible to do it all in one day so don't let that ruin your SWW experience.
3.- Be patient: there will be thousands of people going to SWW that want to do the same things you do. Be patient. Be polite. I know the heat and the waiting can get to you sometimes but take a deep breath and just listen to that Star Wars music in the background and chill.
4.- Be flexible: So you made an awesome plan and you're ready to take in the day. And, of course, it rains just as the parade is about to start. Don't let that ruin your experience, just go improvise, have a plan B...and C and D,...
5.- Know your kids: There's nothing better than a picture with your toddler and Chewbacca, but some kids get a little affraid of the big Wookie. Don't force them to meet a character or go to a show (JTA Vader, Ventress and Maul can be intimidating) The characters WON'T break character, don't expect a hug from Vader, or Aurra Sing to smile...Villains stay Villains even if your child starts crying. What I usually tell parents is to show the kids the character before waiting in line (sometimes very long lines) and ask them right then and there if they want to meet them. Or show them videos of JTA and ask them before the trip if they want to battle the Dark Side.
On the same note, know your childs boiling points and don't wait for them to get to them. Again, it's really hot during SWW, and meltdowns happen even to locals. Kow when your kids need a break, go inside somewhere (Animation building and One Man's Dream are perfect for a break) eat and hydrate, and you'll have more energy to takle the rest of the day.
6.- Have Fun!! In the wise words of Master Yoda: Do or do not, there is no try....

Not all characters come our right at 8am. I know Vader did and maybe the Disney SW ones, Chewie would come out around 8:15. You're gonna have to keep an eye out for Kenny's post. Or if you're going the first Friday keep us posted.

Thanks!
We are there on the 7th and 8th so I will be checking here and on Kenny's site for info :)
I have a mission to meet Chewie before breakfast at 8:40!!

Thanks!
We are there on the 7th and 8th so I will be checking here and on Kenny's site for info :)
I have a mission to meet Chewie before breakfast at 8:40!!

we're heading to Chewie first thing Friday morning (as in the first Friday) - I'll be sure to report in. I've seen the line goes down by ABC Commissary - if we're quick / first in line (thinking optimistically) does it actually start by the speeder? And will there be CM with signs or something so we know we're in the right spot? Thanks!

we're heading to Chewie first thing Friday morning (as in the first Friday) - I'll be sure to report in. I've seen the line goes down by ABC Commissary - if we're quick / first in line (thinking optimistically) does it actually start by the speeder? And will there be CM with signs or something so we know we're in the right spot? Thanks!

If you're walking down Commisary Lane and turn slightly left towards ST there's a little path to your left (this path leads to the restrooms by Sounds Dangerous/ABC Sound Studios) that's where the line starts, but there will be ropes set up already
So right before the Speeder bike

Rebel Rendezvous attendees, check your email. Additional information was sent by Disney Events today.

I'll start posting some pictures to close this thread off:

love the smile on this little girl

3 Weeks From Today I Will Be At HS For My First SWW!!:woohoo::darth::woohoo::yoda:
Does Anyone Have Any Info On The Meet & Greet For C3PO and R2-D2? When Will They Meet, Where They Will Meet,Etc.? My Son LOVES R2-D2 And Is Dying To Meet Him. I've Booked Both The Star Wars Meals So Those Characters Are Taken Care Of ;)

You'll be there the same weekend as I am :banana:

Make sure to be patient and thank every cast member at DHS you encounter. Just announced all DHS cast members need to park at Epcot and take a bus to DHS to leave more parking spots for guest. This adds about 30min to their regular commute

That totally sucks!!!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter