**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

:mad::mad::mad:

One task. I gave my Star Wars mad DH one task to do pre-Disney - get something for Star Wars obsessed DD aged 11 to trade with the Jawas (are they called that?)
Tonight I asked him what he'd arranged as we leave the UK for Orlando on Thursday and he stared at me blankly.
So, what can I get from Amazon Prime which the Jawas will love?????

One task. I gave my Star Wars mad DH one task to do pre-Disney - get something for Star Wars obsessed DD aged 11 to trade with the Jawas (are they called that?)
Tonight I asked him what he'd arranged as we leave the UK for Orlando on Thursday and he stared at me blankly.

They like 'sparkly stuff' I got some elastic with beads type bracelets and some bouncy balls - they loved them and I'm sure the next kids to get traded with didn't mind them either :)

The Jawas are unpredictable, often depends on crowds. Early on we traded a rhinestone broach, later they were interested in glow lights on wheelchair. I think shiny works, and not being in a crowd of kids. Often we would just ask to take a picture.

Yes, but not the dessert party...wonder why not???
This is a guess based on what little I know, but first a little background. The group that puts on all the private and special events at 3 of the 4 parks, plus the FEA and SW dessert parties also do the bulk of the work facilitating the F&WF. That's a huge amount of manpower planning.

I think they wait until the last minute to pull the trigger on releasing the new dates for the SW dessert party because they need as much times as they can get in order to get the clearest picture of what's coming.

We're talking scheduling many dozens of Chefs, hundreds of catering crew and Housemen, ordering and preparing the food for all the events and scheduling hundreds of lowly event staff to make sure the events go as planned.

Sept through the end of Dec are really, really busy months for Park Event Operations. It's a huge operation and the SW dessert is just a very small part of it. Just my two cents.

These worked for us! https://www.amazon.com/CALIFORNIA-C...&qid=1500672974&sr=1-4&keywords=finger+lights

lol just realized it came with 40! Maybe keep some back for a birthday party or something? I'm sure there's a smaller amount on there somewhere

S
In your post you were unsure if the show would be going on, and it will. Not sure why the dessert party hasn't been released
Sorry for the confusion..,I was waiting last year to do the SW party, and when they released the show and party, it was the JBJB....

So this year, we scheduled earlier, and yep, I knew it was the regular SW show, (was very relieved when they released times for that!), but was just whining that they hadn't released the party dates yet.... It's the last thing I need to schedule, and I'm just not that good with patience sometimes....:rolleyes1

Still waiting on October....this is just getting silly at this point.

Last year, for October 5th, I booked on September 4th. That was the day they posted all the parties from the 2nd of October through the end of the month. So, while they were getting better for a little while, you're also going to see some delay as they're headed into the Halloween season. At least they have the show schedule posted now which is an improvement on last year. I know you want this to be booked and done with, but these don't sell out super fast like other reservations.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked.

We are very lucky to be able to do the Star Wars tour at the end of August. Are the children participating in the tour more likely to "Battle" with Darth Vader during the Jedi training? Or is it still a 50/50 chance of who you get to battle?

Thank you.

I know you want this to be booked and done with, but these don't sell out super fast like other reservations.
I don't know how quickly they sell out, but I do know that every party that I've been at, which is in the dozens, has been sold out or even over sold slightly.

I don't know how quickly they sell out, but I do know that every party that I've been at, which is in the dozens, has been sold out or even over sold slightly.

I was just trying to say, it's not the worst thing if they don't book it the first day it's available. Of course, it's going to vary by day of the week/season etc. But checking once a day or every other day is probably sufficient to not miss out.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked.

We are very lucky to be able to do the Star Wars tour at the end of August. Are the children participating in the tour more likely to "Battle" with Darth Vader during the Jedi training? Or is it still a 50/50 chance of who you get to battle?

Thank you.
It's to do with height. Shorter kids on stage with Darth, taller kids below stage with 7th Sister. ... or that's been our experience, including on the Tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter